Double Feature

Worth also noting that it doesn’t say “Immune to curse.”

But Ryan it’s cause Curse is a status effect.
Okay… Impervious troops can be cursed but doesn’t say it can either.

To me Invulnerable troops should have Mana Shield.
Idk if currently they can have Mana stolen from them or not since all it says is “Mana Drain”.

Where Mana Shield makes a point of explaining Mana Burn, Mana Drain and Mana steal.

I believe it’s bugged because of the trait flashing on the screen when Mana burned. Nothing else that Queen Mab does, should trigger the alert.

Thanks for correcting my memory about gnomes. Will edit the original report.

However.

Going by the official game guide. The action for both Gnomes and Battle Crashers is exactly the same. So one triggering a death and the other not, doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Naw, they’re different. The battle crashers are BRUTAL. They slay the team member and take their place.
Treasure Gnomes are gentle, they politely ask them to stand aside (no soul lost).

Sure the outcome is the same in that you battle 4, but mechanics are not. The game is what it is.
Treasure Gnomes have specific loot tables.
Battlecrashers bring ONE specific loot and ONE soul.

1 Like

Also… This is a bug report. So opinions, thoughts, or speculations shouldn’t be commented unless you know 100% that something is working as intended or it’s not.

Kafka will be more than happy to change this thread to a feature request if necessary after her initial review.
At which point opinions and thoughts about the proposed behavior can be expressed correctly.

Not sure when, but it was changed and battlecrashers started to kill troop when they show up.
You can tell that, because when battlecrashers enter the field they trigger all “on kill effects” → like Lust passive, Enrage on some troops etc., That basically when i noticed the change.

If anything, this is an issue since one of previous version (definately NOT 5.0 update or 5.1). Can’t say when it happened, but it had to be before whole COVID19 thing, probably somewhere in Q3/Q42019.

You mean this?

Marked - not a bug, i.e. intended

To clarify. I was describing exactly what the game guide says they do. They both replace troops. :man_shrugging:

Yeep, that one.

Yeah, i know. Probably Guide needs an update. Or Gnome-spawn-mechanics need an update to trigger on death effect also… Either way, something needs an update :wink:

1 Like

Oh I see that you’re that guy that ignores when someone states the rules to you.

To encourage your bad behavior I guess…

Your “point” has absolutely nothing to do with the actual bug report.

The thread you cited just confirms that Battle Crashers are working as intended. Which I have no doubt that they are.

My question is why gnomes and valravens aren’t counting as a kill as well.

Hence the bug report. :grinning:

I noticed that, too!

1 Like

I’m also pretty sure that at some point Devour would bypass barriers, but that is no more the case since at least the last couple of updates. We can only assume the current status of GoW battle engine is a big mess, and every time they try to fix something, or add some new mechanics, something else will get impacted, or outright broken. I just stopped considering these changes bugs, and made a habit of adjusting to these “new rules” when they silently slip with the updates.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, that was changed back in 3.0.5:

General Spell Effect Changes

• Death Mark will now no longer activate on the first turn
  • Barrier now blocks devour

I’ve only been playing for 1.5 years but I don’t recall devour working against barrier in that time. Exception is when the troop’s spell also deals damage, and it deals it before devouring.

@Kafka
It seems you’ve reviewed the bug reports.

Did you miss this report? Or are you “investigating”??

Then maybe something has changed with HKI specifically, who is supposed to deal his damage before devouring the opponent? (It is the only devouring troop I regularly use). At the present moment, he can’t devour barriered troops.

He never was able to.
Damage only gets done if the troop isn’t devoured. Otherwise you could potentially kill a troop that you wanted to devour. Kerberos and the Krakken should work exactly the same way.
Perhaps a separate thread is needed if you feel the operation is bugged.

HKI definitely used to do his damage before trying to devour. It was a heated topic of discussion when he was first released iirc.

This bug report wants a word

Kraken is specifically designed to work differently, because the spell specifically says damage, then create gems, and LASTLY devour.

Further down that “bug” thread the devs decided that the damage should be converted to a devour if that chance resolves.

“Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an enemy, with a chance to Devour them equal to my Attack.”

@awryan

Your question about Invulnerable troops got me thinking so I ran some tests using fully traited Dooms.

1. Medals and the event have nothing to do with it. Mana Burn works against Invulnerable troops as it is coded. Now I agree that if Impervious is immune to Mana Burn, Invulernable should be too and should be looked into.

2. I crashed a fully traited Psion into the Dooms a few times from skull attacks as well use his abilities. In all cases the Dooms did not lose their mana nor did Psion gain any from a skull attack. So preventing Mana Drain is functioning properly.

So if the intention was to always allow Mana Burn to work vs Invulnerable troops then it is working as intended. But if Invulnerable was supposed to stop Mana Burn, definitely a bug.

1 Like

Not according to the text.
It just says it’s Immune to Mana Drain.
Screenshot_20200823-122507
Mana steal is a different mechanic than drain.
As dictated by the explanation for Mana Shields.