Double Click Cast

@sirrian @nimhain
I am super lazy, and find myself hating dragging my mouse cursor to the cast button… would be nice if you could implement a double click cast, where you just double click on the portrait with full mana and it auto-casts the skill. You could even maybe put a checkbox in options, for those who don’t want the feature on :smiley:

7 Likes

They would need to add a cancel button with it, or people will complain they double clicked on accident and can’t click out of a cast.

4 Likes

thats why i was making a suggestion on a toggle in options

1 Like

It will still happen. :wink:

2 Likes

I can think of any number of things I’d rather our developers put their limited resources into… Sorry, not voting for this one…

Due to a disease i got 1 year and 9 months ago (poly neuro pathy) my nervers are affected, and while my nerves are recovering very good (even better then expected!), i sometimes have spasms in my hands and feet.
So even now i accedently trigger moves i didn’t want to make.
I am against this request, even when i see the + in it when you are physical healthy.

• To add a good note on my post, after playing GoW for a year with a trackball (what died after a year) i’m now playing with a mouse instead of a trackball! :smile:
11 Likes

alright, so maybe not the best of ideas :smiley: all good, @sirrian @nimhain, feel free to close this topic.

On to the next!

2 Likes

Well, what about the right mouse button? I don’t see it being used for anything so maybe a left-right-combination for instant cast?

1 Like

Right Mouse button probably isn’t in use due to the Mobile version not having an easy way to replicate it. You could possibly get around it with a multi touch of some kind, but it might be hard to make it intuitive for the player.

2 Likes

Well mobile is a different issue since you don’t have any mouse clicks there… but there’s also lots of options on mobile like swishing or panning.

1 Like

True, but it’s tied to PC closely in that they use the same build, same servers and the accounts can be linked between the two. So while it is possible with swipes or gestures, it’s a matter of finding a way to do it that makes sense to the player. Since the screen is smaller, so you have to find a way to be able to tell which troop you want to be insta-casting. A swipe over the troop might work, but that can also be done by accident really easily…

I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that it requires a lot of consideration before implementing it. And they can’t implement it on PC and not on Mobile, so both would have to be figured out before anything happened.

1 Like

I agree that it’s difficult for mobile. But I don’t think it has to be implemented - there are some minor things that the mobile version does not have, at least on my mobile I don’t have the scroll-bar on the right in rankings that I have on PC.

1 Like

The biggest problem with this is the choose a gem class, and choose a troop class of troops where auto casting might not work.

1 Like

True, but I thought @Justakid just wanted to save the one click you have to do before you choose gems/troops. All in all I agree that this feature might bring more trouble than use :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If only i could play this game on pc with an xbox controller, and i do not mean the xbox version where i can do that anyway.

1 Like

Mh, I think there is some program or plugin that lets you do that. Will look for it and report back.

1 Like

Thanks i await your report.

1 Like

Try JoyToKey - Download the Latest Official Version
I used it some time ago so I don’t really recall how functional it was but I think it did the job.

1 Like

I suspect the dev team wants to limit the client-specific code to a bare minimum. They have enough cross-platform bugs to be reluctant to take on platform-specific ones, too.

4 Likes

would using 3rd party software such as that joytokey be a ban-able offense? @Sirrian @Nimhain

1 Like