Doom storm needs a buff

I am just curious as to why this turned into a “my guild is better than yours discussion?” You have accomplished a lot AWRYAN but I would prefer you don’t insult us for not being like you.

Have you read everything your guild member said? Once you do. You’ll get some much needed context. But I don’t blame you for skipping over it at first glance. I usually skip over it as well. Alas, this time it caught my eyes.
My overall point was. There’s nothing wrong with the current ranking system. And that they don’t always indicate one guild is better than the other. Just that they are older and earned more trophies over time. But a top guild like guild, will eventually show that in ranks as well.

1 Like

2 Likes

Y’all had to do this on my post lol.

1 Like

Back to topic, Goodwill. Lets hope they revisit the Doom Skull nerf in the near future. It was a fun build to use from time to time, at least for me.

1 Like

My theory on why they were nerfed is maps. The meta doomskull team is my goto for pet rescue and guaranteed every single game I get at least 1 map, often more.

I am endgame so they are useless for me but for a mid/early game player maps are really useful - they even have a real money shop item that gives maps.

You have to be seriously op for the devs to take notice, but mess with the economy/revenue and you’re going to get slapped down ASAP.

2 Likes

Players will always complain about what they feel is overpowered defensively.

Doomstorm was able to wipe a team in a single cast, maybe two, but the AI isn’t that smart.

Divines were overpowered defensively, and therefore players complained.

Doomstorm was overpowered and needed the nerf because it wasn’t properly balanced. The lack of complaining does not mean the rebalance was unnecessary.

1 Like

Highly debatable. I don’t think Doomstorm teams for invades were en par with pre nerf Divines on average killspeed/resourcegain, and Doomstorm already had a weakening tweak before this latest nerf.
The map argument @Butthurt brought up kinda makes sense though if that was the reason for the nerf.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m on board with this, too.

I liked Doomskulls and used them for a couple of weeks, but the speed was on par with Divines and the win rate was not. It turned out I liked it for the novelty. After a short tour with the team, I went back to bashing Divines against everything.

Conspiracy theory aside, it is a more accessible team than Divines. It doesn’t require multiple mythics, end of story. I thought it was good for the game because it would make players competitive earlier. It was a threat to mid-gamers, but in terms of end-game I can’t remember ever being intimidated by it.

I’ve read what the devs said was the reason over and over and it doesn’t mesh with my Doomskulls experience. It feels like they had “nerf Doomskulls?” on a whiteboard somewhere, forgot they’d already done it, and decided to toss it in to 4.0 since they were tweaking explosions.

Actually, that’s another viable alternate theory: they felt like Doomskulls as-is broke the changes they intended to make for explosions by exploding a lot.

Anyway, whatever, this is going to be one of those things that never gets an explanation or reversal.

The top 50 shows that it is possible for an ambitious guild that plays hard to come close to the top quite fast, and it is a very good thing.
But the weekly trophies posted by @madking and @macawi show that the top guilds are not at the top because they are older but because they are still among the bests week after week.

As regards GW as it has been mentioned higher in the thread. Succeeding in bracket 1 is a question of having all the troops, of course, but it also requires to have a whole guild that is much invested in GW and invest a lot of time and effort to give their best each week.
But I agree that the current way of promotion in GW is very bad. There is no chance for a new guild to play according to their real potential.

Sorry for the digression.

Both things can be true.
Age of guild definitely helps in that respect though. A brand new guild could finish #1 in trophies every week. It would still take at least a year and half to make the top 10. It’s like being in a long race. And the guilds ahead of you have a huge head start.
Age and activity is the key to making and staying in the top 30.

1 Like