Doom Event: Remove scroll randomness to make the event fair for every guild participating

Last ToD we got to Floor 35 before our first Heroism scroll. I didn’t bother coming here to post about it. Because clearly on the list of Frank’s the devs tend to care about. RNG is never one of them. :person_shrugging:

Looks like all guilds averages 1 luck every 5 floors. Not sure why they cant do the same for other scrolls

1 Like

The drop ratio for heroism scrolls should be a set number say between 3/5 scrolls randomly placed in the first 25 floors. It’s hardly a fair competition if your guild has had 0 heroisms (like my guild currently on floor 22) and other guilds are getting 2 or more on the same run of floors. This is the 2nd doom event in a row we haven’t had a heroism scroll in the first 25 floors. It’s a joke.

Me neither!!! :slightly_frowning_face: :angry:

Magic rooms are becoming an issue as well.
In our first 21 floors we had 1 magic room. :roll_eyes:

@Sirrian @Saltypatra @Nimhain

Please pay a Maths ‘experts’ to examine and design a fair yet random method to sort out the dungeon rooms. If you watch MKR, maybe Bianca is available to fix things lol

1 Like

The scrolls should be the same (count) but randomized between floors from 1 to level 25 therefore two guilds getting to level 25 will have the exact same stat but scouting would still be required as you don’t know what is where.

Starting with level 25 each level should contain the same scrolls but randomized between rooms. This would make it fair, will prevent full scouting before 25 and after 25 guilds will not be so inclined to share the findings due to competition. I think it would be a good compromise.

Thus far my guild has completed level 36 and we haven’t skipped any rooms and we have yet to get a heroism scroll.
It’s doubtful that I can speak it into existence, but I truly hope this unnecessary randomness is removed.

2 Likes

This is completely strange given how they set up Valravens and Luck scrolls to never be too lucky or too unlucky for players. How that same train of thought wasn’t given to Heroism scrolls is simply astounding.

This is something we’re already addressing in the 4.3 update. Herosim and Fireball scrolls will follow a similar drop pattern to Luck scrolls, in that there will be one within a given amount of floors after you’ve passed a certain point.

21 Likes

Thank you very much for commenting on, and addressing this issue @Alpheon.

3 Likes

Honestly, every scroll type should be normalized. I’m not sure why it wasn’t always like this, since the main point of the scroll drops is to keep guilds coordinating to find out what is where and not to give varying tools to different guilds “because random”.

3 Likes

This information is appreciated. But considering that @Macawi is on the beta and didn’t know this.
I strongly encourage someone from the dev team to communicate these kind of changes being planned as soon as the devs agree it’s an issue.
You would save players a lot of frustration to know these things weeks before the change rather than (I assume) days before 4.3 is released.
We don’t need a Q&A stream. Maybe just a monthly post letting players know what is being worked on for the next Patch, but no guarantees that changes will be included in the next patch. Similar to how we know when troops will be released but we know it’s all subject to change.
It was before my time, but I believe @Nimhain did something similar to this in the past.
We were told communication between players an devs would be improved in 2019. 1/4 of the year has passed, and I for one, don’t see an improvement at all. To be fair, communication hasn’t gotten worse, it just hasn’t gotten better. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

It doesn’t show up in the patch notes I can see, so either I missed it (doesn’t sound like me!) its not happening or its just not in the notes (betting on the latter). No option is ideal… maybe it was mentioned in another thread or something, don’t know.

To be fair: the changelog I’m looking at is quite big, lots to keep track of.

It may have been missed in our pass of changes. I’ll double check that it’s on the change notes for release.

@Mithran - Unfortunately I can’t say how likely something like that is to happen. However we’ll keep reviewing future events and take action as needed. Tower of Doom is one of my favourite modes so I’d like to see more people having fun with it.

@awryan - We do share what we can, and there’s always room for improvement.

4 Likes

ToD has given us some of the best weapons in the game. And some of the worst.
So I halfway agree with you. :wink:

4 Likes

Do something about Spirit Fox pretty please? :smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the event where it’s in every boss room for floor 25+. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

4.4 patch notes: Normalized appearance of Spirit Fox, it now shows up in every room. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

2 Likes