Do you like the Arena Revamp?

I´d say 50/50
I actually like that they removed the hero,but…
Still no traits in there,making quite a few lower level troops useless.
The AI teams ALWAYS have 2-3 summoning troops,while I always get NONE.
Would also like to choose banners…

Hard no. Less ability to plan a team, lower rewards, longer fights and removal of the opportunity to earn class xp which is really going to suck on those weekends when we are all going to play it anyways because the event rewards are at least decent.

2 Likes

I may be one of the few people in this game that likes arena. It harks back to how the game was 4 years ago when I started playing. It would be a little better if we could see the potential draft troops though, as it keeps steering me to 3 or even 4 the same colour that mana block each other, or almost garbage that do nothing. The AI doesn’t seem to have that issue though, with nice synergy in most of the teams I have faced so far.

3 Likes

that one was removed when they removed 50gem price for switching classes and added classes to teams, or quite short after that

I feel the opponent drafts from the old Arena has been brought forward, i.e. the teams you face are actual teams other people have built. Still easy to beat since the AI is intentionally crippled.

1 Like

with no hero, we have no chance of class xp, but that’s why we play low level explores I guess.

It’s still very winnable, and considerably faster than playing 15/20 explores if you are after trophies.

FWIW

I spent 45 minutes on arena today to do 3 runs.

I lost the last two games of my 2nd run due to having 0 attack on my last troop and AI had Kartek the climber which eliminates 10 armour / troop and that hound that removes attack.

1st run was over in a few minutes but last two runs took a while.

I got a pet, skipped crafting recipe and got 2 deeds of nature. The deeds were on a run I lost so I think I was charged full price, might be wrong,…

I would guess imperial deeds are available as standard ones were…

I supported my Yes vote with an answer. @awryan :slight_smile:

Not at all what I asked for. But cool I guess. :+1:

1 Like

It wasn’t really a bug fix as such. As much as I know the slowdown while looking at troops was a cosmetic feature that got added intentionally, like that card animation when collecting campaign stars.

1 Like

Aah I get it now. I don’t think new Arena made me like GoW more. But 5.2 update certainly made GoW better a tad by removing lag in the background during the battle when a card is opened in the foreground.

Still curious to know what you DON’T like about GoW…

The troop selection method in Old Arena and even in New Arena is what I dislike mainly.

1 Like

You like the revamp but still it didn’t even fix everything that you disliked about the arena? Got it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Has anyone received an Imperial Deed offer yet from Arena?

My gripe from last night was the lack of synergy with some of the troops offered (if the idea is that the devs want us to experiment with different troop combinations).

Twice I was offered Crysturtle, who converts a colour to brown. None of the other troops available for selection of any rarity used brown mana.

And raid boss troops are constantly popping up into my rotation, which also seems pretty pointless.

I don’t mind the new arena idea as such, but needs a lot more thought regarding troops that are offered for selection. I think from a lot of people’s perspective (including myself as level 1400+), we are used to quick matches bang bang finished, whereas this is a lot slower and almost painful to play at times.

4 Likes

Arena has exactly the same problem as before, in that, you cannot plan a team from the available troops. So in the final pick, you may regret some of the first three picks. Some troops (as noted in another thread) are OP in this framework. Summoners are awful, deathmark troops are awful, etc.

It’s not about winning or losing; it’s simply not a fun mode. If you get a bad group, the fight is tedious.

Better mode was a horde type mode, where you picked your team from all troops, then progressed as far as you could without losing them all. This is still the same arena, with fewer wins needed (yay), offset by a slower fight (no DB).

5 Likes

Alright… I’ve played A LOT of Arena now since the revamp, and I’m going to change my vote to Yes. Here’s why:

It’s still a fun mode. I absolutely don’t think it’s right for players who are leveling up or learning the game. But I’m an end game player. I only have two classes that aren’t 100 (Necromancer and Oracle) and it’s irrelevant leveling them up.

I think new players should concentrate on any other game mode, because the rewards for Arena are trash. You get hardly any gold, souls, or glory keys for the time invested (~11 minutes per run).

However, you do get a lot of trophies, and again – it’s a FUN mode. I like drafting and playing it. It’s entertaining.

But it’s only entertaining because I literally have nothing else to do right now in the game. I am at 59,810 out of 60k Delve Renown (stupid Mirrored Halls, but I do have it at 199 Hoard level now).

I don’t need to medal any more troops right now. I’ve done all my sigils for events, dungeons, adventure board, etc. All my kingdoms are maxed.

I mean, I can basically choose three things right now in the game that don’t cost gems:

• PvP (gold, glory, and trophies)
  • Explore (gold, trophies, medals)
  • Arena (trophies)

Are trophies WORTH anything? Nope, not at all. Unless you’re still leveling up the guild, they’re pretty worthless. They only unlock cosmetic guild stuff once your guild is “God” level.

Now I could get far more gold, and medals, in PvP or Explore… but I’m just kind of chilling with Arena right now, and although ~300 trophies per hour in Arena is less than what I would get in Explore, I think my enjoyment of the game is more important right now than treating it like a job.

8 Likes

New arena is trash. If you are removing the hero and weapons, which I am good with. Then the rarity of the troop selection needs to be reversed or an open pool draft where you can see an available cards prior to selecting. It’s poor design to make someone hope that their best troop will match whatever the weaker troops you choose are before that. If you want us to build around a troop then e need that information.

Maybe add a system where after x wins you start getting traits activated on your troops bit by bit. This update feels bad, arena is still no more appealing to me than it was before.

9 Likes