Do you like the Arena Revamp?

Still waiting for that preset troop to be Dullahan. Because it’s Halloween themed and guaranteed to provoke the most negative feedback.

3 Likes

Since the Arena Event is from Oct 30th to Nov 1st…

The troop to be featured might be:

Spoilers

The Ghost Queen.

https://www.taransworld.com/Spoilers/Troops/Troop_K13_24_english.png

Its currently scheduled to release October 31st/Saturday… which is quite an unusual date for a new troop, let alone a legendary.

Not confirmed to be attached to Arena, but what else is on Saturday of that week?

or Dullahan, because why not

2 Likes

Which means it is a day earlier than the spoiler troop…

There’s already a troop slated for Halloween themed Arena of Valor (Spooky Imp for single-day Arena of Valor on Monday Oct 26).

1 Like

I tried the arena after the revamp. Its terrible. Having a campaign task arena centred; even four matches was excruciating game play. I wanted to avoided the arena. Now I detest the arena . I think its nearly worth a ban to spit out how bad the arena is now. Its not fun. So it fails.

2 Likes

Based on historical patterns, there seems to be a correlation between how bad a feature is upon release/‘revamp’, and how long the devs go MIA from the forums immediately after the customers express their levels of satisfaction: whether they knew before release, or were truly oblivious about it, evidence suggests that they do know by now that they have once again reduced customer satisfaction (even if their ‘internal numbers’ show more activity or $$ wherever intended).

They also know that most of it will be forgotten/tolerated within a few weeks by most players (e.g. Epic Tasks, Kurandara in chests and dev response, Explore GUI…), so the cycle can continue uninterrupted.

It says a lot about the people working for a company with such a philosophy, and continues to be something that new(er) customers will hopefully be aware of before deciding on their level of inve$tment in this product.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Personally, apart from the Arena of Valor** rewards being not worth the time to chase, I like everything else about the revamp. Honest opinion. As a mid-level player, I can choose to keep grinding in PvP, Casual or Explore, or divert (like I do now) my time between Treasure Hunts to get gems, to then spend them on the pet offers from the Arena. It’s a game, how about some personal responsibility and making mature choices.

** The single day events are bonus chances for 1 more Orb (won’t go further than that), better than zero chance. The 3 day event I’m undecided on, since the bad payout is actually taking a slot away from weekend events all worth equivalent of 10-12 minor orbs.

All the obsessive compulsive “I’m forced to play because others can, can’t fall behind” players - here’s an IRL advice for you. Other people take 2 jobs to make ends meet. Why don’t you optimize your RL and find a night or weekend job to fill the time “because others can” so you don’t lose out huh. No pity here.

tl;dr “newer customer” here. I enjoy what I like about the game. I’ll play it until I don’t like it, then I’ll drop it and walk away instead of griefing myself and everyone else moaning every day.

3 Likes

The new Arena is slow, the chance of winning is completely random, and the rewards are paltrey, compared with other game modes.

5 Likes

1 thing I realy love about this Arena Revamp is that Treasure Hunt stopped being the most hated game mode (at least until TH revamp goes live :roll_eyes: ) .

Have a good day everyone !

2 Likes

Can you simply believe that someone disagrees with you? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the Arena is starting to ramp up in difficulty, being re-seeded with successful teams.

Either that, or I just had a run of bad luck this morning (or I suck :laughing:) — I played over an hour of the Arena (I know, I’m sick, but I wanted to test others’ claims of trophies being really high per-unit-time. For the record, I only got 248, so I think not, but maybe others play faster than I do :man_shrugging:), as I never really got a “good” draft, and I actually lost a couple runs due to being half-teamed on Turn 2 on more than one occassion.

3 Likes

Not. One. Bit. RNG and usually dull comp with tissue paper weak troops on both sides. A dull mode got duller. Congrats.

3 Likes

Here is a question we will never get an answer for.

Campaign stats work in all modes, except arena. Why then is playing the arena a task? They apply in all other tasks.

[Not enough info]? [Visual bug]?

How about [Investigating because we understand it is dumb] followed by [Fixed and removed]

3 Likes

You are making a fair point here. The official game guide for artifact stats reads as follows:

“Each level gained on the Artifact also provides temporary skill point bonuses which will last for the duration of the Campaign and be applied in every game mode except when testing your defense team or selecting “fight” on a player’s profile.”

No mention of Arena being exempt also. I think @Kafka may want to make an edit to this :wink:

5 Likes

Absolutely no. May change my mind if it’s revamped again.

3 Likes

After being enticed to win just 4 battles in Arena today for a Campaign task, I am now eagerly looking forward to my next dentist visit.
:rage:

6 Likes

I can. Not sure what you’re referring to. Maybe I need to add IMO to everything I write. :laughing:

@rbchaffe - LMAO!

Almost forgot to complain that arena was forced on us in the campaign. Even if it was only 4 battles and not an entire run, that’s four sad faces.

:grimacing: :expressionless: :unamused: :worried:

I did get a deed offer for my suffering today at least.

3 Likes

Im reffering to people that dont care for the rewards, but truly loves the mode. They exist and its charming at it finest.

Eika, I’m sure there are people that love the challenge of Arena. And removing Hero surely made it more interesting.

The issue, IMO, is that the Campaign forces everyone else to also do it.

On top of that, during Arena Events, the Event rewards are really meagre.

Every Event has a time/reward trade-off. Like, I no longer do Class Events. But this is supposed to be an Arena revamp that makes people want to play it, and I think it fails at that. IMO.

4 Likes