Discussion about pay-to-win frustrations

Probably a chest for top 10 with nothing fancy to keep the balance of the game (Thinking of gems, gold and maybr throw one Legendarie in there) and then another lesser chest for top 100, perhabs with the same stuff but less and no legendarie.

I’m sorry you feel that way. 505 are probably glad.

Bless… was just poking fun… remember the ‘fun’ idea - why we play games, after all?

That’s helpful, thanks. I’m aware that the devs have some long term plans for this kind of thing, and perhaps they’ll value your insights.

Needs to be careful to avoid creating exactly the pay-to-win culture we were hoping to avoid - also may be seen to unfairly advantage the tiny percentage of the player base that are in top guilds. Not that I’d mind…

Ciao :smiley:

It does really show that you all are passionate about creating a quality product, while listening to the community and also making tough decisions that some may not appreciate! I’m really quite surprised at the transparency and helpfulness of the entire support team. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m sure they are but it’s short term. I’m the kind of player you want around long term not one that will get burnt out after a month.

careful this is one of the statements I referenced where I wouldn’t get along with some of the top guild members too broad a statement. I don’t play for fun and I know a lot of people who don’t. I treat games like this as a job and it’s about competition not fun. People play for different reasons.

Thus far they’ve ignored my questions. I assume because I’m new though I would think my vip 9 status would warrant at least a hey if not a give me an abhorrath bundle to buy on the ps4 and a sun and moon bundle. I have money please take it.

Thats the thing the games I come from have pay to win features but it’s not the end all be all. It’s relatively easy to set up and even capitalize. They can make money and I’ve tossed out a few suggestions while still catering to the hard core audience like myself. A pay service to link your account or more share your cards between console and app would probably generate a bit of profit and I know it would be a manual process because the servers are housed with different companies but my guild on ps4 is on pace to have more trophies than MM on the app and I think we’d all come over to the app if we could link our hard work because it would be impossible to do that starting out on the app now. Low levels is a tedious grind fest with little to no progress even with all my vip bonus souls require a soul farming team. Gold is too valuable with use for kingdomes and guild tasks. bring back the old kingdom level system with gold as an addition to level it up.

Each to their own then. Personally, I think I may be saddened if this game leans too much in the directions you are asking for - but then if it means greater success and greater funding for the game, and more/newer/better game content, then so be it…

Bet you loved this post Match Masters Level 500! then :smiley:

I wouldnt be so sure about that… Not as it is right now.

Didn’t care one way or the other about it. Means nothing to me.

Basing on rate with compareable time frame of a year. We have a head start of focus on leveling all kingdoms before they break it in 1.07 to minimize need to spend gold allowing for more gold to go to the guild.

but it’s off topic now.

Ok guys. Stop feeding the troll.

2 Likes

Trolls by definition don’t contribute anything. I’ve done quite the opposite so hope you’re not referring to me. There does seem to be a negative view of new people on this board especially with opinions though.

Hey @brucelei (aka Random Guy), nice to meet you!
Glad you are on par with MM! Too bad it’s not on PC, it would have been nice to have another adversary!

As an old pro to a new hotshot rooky, don’t forget that this game is more like a marathon than a 100 meter dash. There’s a reason why there are so few topped players and most did so in a year.

I think you came in a bit too hot for this forum, but I’m sure things will cool down.

2 Likes

Well if you read my posts you’d see I’m hardly a rookie and your comment about this being a marathon is kinda condescending. I’ve played games professionally off and on for years have you?

I’m opinionated and there are a few here, not you, that don’t take kindly to be contradicted. As a former professional part of my job was to break the games. I come in and I find ways to play that weren’t expected. I look at games differently. I’m mostly frustrated because people like to tell me I’m wrong or disagree but can’t formulate a simple reason why I’m wrong. I point to existing models that generate more money and I get told it won’t work here as near as I can figure its because the mindset here is mostly that of a casual gamer. They don’t want the competition that comes when you attract players like myself. We can and often do ruin the fun of the casual player as we exploit the system.

I like the game which is clear because I’ve spent more money on it than yourself. I have seen games like this fail in the past and I see signs of them heading down the wrong path. If I seem hot it’s because I’ve seen it before and while I’m used to and do enjoy saying I told you so I’d rather not in this case.

Well since the ps4 is still new and the farming system is still good you and your fellows could always come over and take a run at LD and PP. Granted LD is top guild on another 505 game so it might be tougher than you’d imagine.

Rather than get me off topic it’d be better to PM me if you want to talk to me. Otherwise I’ll be called a troll again for responding.

@brucelei

4 Likes

@brucelei, I extended a hand in friendship and you slapped it away. Good! Now I know where I stand!

You played game professionaly? As you got payed for it? That explains where you got the money. If you did not get payed for it, it’s not professionaly. Competitively, excessively, fervishly would describe it better.

You are a rookie, at least for this game. Most people in this forum have been playing since the game is out. Seen its development and evolution… You might be good, even great, but you are still the new guy… The rooky.

It is a marathon, I played 12+ hours a day on multiple devices simultaneously to be able to reach level 1000 in a few months… It was a marathon.

Actually, I don’t think this game is for you. You clearly have something to prove and this game doesn’t even have a leaders board… The best you could achieve, is to get your name on the players who achieved level 1000 in one of the weekly post… And I already occupy the first place…

2 Likes

Ok this thread has gone completely off the rails. Let’s either lock it or get it back on track, @MrSammy you are more than justified in your anger, however I believe you fell into the troll trap.

Which is no longer a thing as you may notice from recent news posts. There’s likely around a dozen level 1000’s now, so continuously expanding that list would make news posts become stretched and disproportionate to the actual news.

No comment on the actual discussion going on here. I like my head firmly planted on my shoulders.
I do enjoy reading the heated discussion however. It warms my heart to see a playerbase so passionate about a game I do so enjoy. :heartbeat:

1 Like

I don’t think you can ‘pay’ to ‘win’ this game. You can pay for a card you have not got and don’t want to wait for (only if it is being advertised that week) but throwing shed loads of cash at this game will not help you level quicker or get you the all the cards you particularly want. It just takes …TIME

It’s a mute point now as he was kicked out of the forum…
I should’ve igonred him… I don’t like people aggressing my friends and camarades.

Woot!..erm i mean,he will be missed…:sunglasses:

Back to the topic at hand. I still have not paid a dime and i would agree that giving money to this (great) game would speed it up in acquisition of troops stones and such but at the given time you would feel the pinch by the time you get your first mythic with (full) traits on it. Has anyone put pen to paper to find out just how much it would cost to get a mythic anything? Just so we are clear it is already documented that $790ish is the cost to get max vip level. No need to hide that or anything. Now if we wanted to say this game is pay to win then you should be looking at the vip level and nothing else. The biggest and most glaring thing i see is that it gives you free keys. free keys means free items. Not sure if that makes the game more slanted in the favour of pay to win or not. The next thing i notice is more gems upon purchase. that seems mighty helpful and seems quite enticing because we know that certain chests can only be opened one was. Then there is the gold bonus. What does the gold bonus do exactly? Does the gold bonus raise the gold cap or does in increase gold acquisition to hit the cap faster? my argument about the gold bonus also applies to the souls bonus as well. The only thing that seems slated to pay to win from the vip system is the xp bonus as it levels you faster but really you can just play 50% more than a vip to cancel that out entirely and most possible. Well i guess you could say this will get us back on topic. So lets argue the pionts that i think are left untouched and touch them mercilessly.

1 Like