Difficulty removed from pvp

Agree with @RiverSong and @esslee. Please keep the difficulty options as is.

You are asking people to know, understand, and account for recall bias add they play. That’s a big thing to ask when significantly less than 1% of the player base is on the forums.

I get that. But it saddens me when people pull out their pitchforks b/c they’re convinced the RNG cheats and the solution is to deliberately make the RNG cheat.

yes, but human psychology is a Heck of a thing.

Yep, it’s also worse the more depressed you are. Although I have noticed that those with more autistic traits are better at seeing through it compared to the average population.

o.O WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!

Oh, not commenting on you in particular, if you think thats what I meant. I am just being random and informative, as I usually am.

Haha, I was just busting your chops!

I like playing different difficulty levels and I won’t even get into why since it really just only matters to me. But in general, I like having the choice. So I am concerned about this effecting my enjoyment.

I “thought” (but might be wrong) that the whole reason they placed different difficulty levels to begin with, was to give each different style of gamer a chance to play their own way preferred way.

I am hero level 649 and I already feel like I am still grinding way way too much for the souls, gold and traits that I am needing. Not sure how much of each new change will effect that, but it is a concern I have in general which includes the difficulty levels being removed.

I’m against being forced to switch from normal to hard in the middle of the ranking process.
For one, it’s not my choice. If I’m genuinely choosing to play normal, that’s because I want the combo breaker on.
I am literally saying that combo breaker is more important than the increased reward.

Second, I doubt I’m getting those increased rewards, once the game switches to hard.

Third, I am not rich. I’ve worked hard to get to the point where all I face now are people who have beat this game. They have mythics, I do not. They have triple traitstones, I do but not on my legendaries.
The game is already stacked against me when I go into a fight, I don’t need the extra difficulty.

Take it out of arena, sure. In that mode we have equal teams, give us equal percentages. But when my PVP CONSTANTLY puts me against opponents who have between 100 to 750 more levels than I do, give me the edge that I need to win.

And to @Shimrra and others who suggest that we don’t need to win all the time, I’m happy for you that you get to play the agile true shot mythics team, but I do not.
This is a match three game against AI opponents. I get nothing if I lose, and these games take my time. Winning is how to progress, so yes, I need to win. I don’t want it just handed to me each and every game, I want to feel like I’m playing, but I want to set the terms of my win. Forcing me to play hard when I choose to play normal is not on my terms.

5 Likes

This is why the THREE threads need to be either locked or combined in some way…
@Sirrian

Someone just referred to this forum thread form another forum thread, now someone else is saying use another thread, sigh…okay. lol

1 Like

yep. each one is having stuff posted about this… but the official response wasn’t on all 3… so i copied it to the other 2 and asked that at least 1 of them be closed. it gets TOOOOOO CONFUSING for my little kitty brain!

1 Like

How much teams do you use in your pvp battles? Im just asking, 'coz 75% at normal is realy low imho (i have 700 games with >95% win rate).

My advice is, to build different teams to beat different kind of pvp teams. These team might not be efficient vs every team, they might not have been 100% of traits, they might not have been the quickest teams to win a battle, but you win.

Hey, @kzintiwife, how did you prove that you were unusually (un-)lucky at certain things? This sounds like an entertaining story – to me, at least. What was your setup and null hypothesis?

So it 'll disappear …
Weekly prizes will not be increased depending on the difficulty level

Traitstones … always depending on the level of difficulty:

The bonus rewards of each pvp games (souls, gold, XP)

There are not that fun to play with a high level of difficulty that I will lose , but the rewards that this choice was bringing me

+1 for choose dificulty level

its so low because i didn’t skip any or cause to crash the game. I was running a green seer, gob shaman, gob, hob gob. But guild and i talked about different layouts and started with 3 skeletons and green slime. now running one of two teams: 2 skele***, shadow dragon, green slime** OR galde warden***, valk***, sheggara heart, and sheggara.

They are still not completely traited or leveled up. i get keys, i get cards, and i have almost mythics in everything besides skeletons and gobs they just got legendary about a week ago, like i said unlucky with rng. im what level 686 and just got sheggra about 20 days ago and am missing 5 legendaries and 2 purples still. (when TRYING to get majors, i get runics, when trying to get runics, i get majors… its really cool except i really really want to upgrade my sheggra)

@Grundulum - it was just about 20 years ago… ill send you a pm of what i remember.

Sry, i expected exactly such kind of answer.
Free your mind, dont play this beautiful game like other f2p games, where the main goal is, to build ONE (or in your case) very powerful team. You can beat many teams with different teams, some might work better some not. Traits are nice but not neccesarry.

If you lose (or are close to) a fight, try to realize, how the opponent team works. Then figure out, how to counter that strategy (by yourself or with the help of us). It might happen that some teams are difficult to beat, because you havent level up some troops, but then you can simply skip these fights (50 Gold are nothing for scouting)

So please try to adjust, be more flexible.

1 Like

Oh its not my defense team, that changes weekly with the area for event keys. And with traits and classes, its has changed again… its what i love about the game

Also have a soul gathering, anti true strike (that one i changed after every 3 defeats), gold farming. Usual team was for attack was used on gobs and skeleton teams… meaning 90% of the teams i played against.