Difficulty removed from pvp

Somewhat true, except the AI’s “lucky cascades” outnumber the player 5:1

Telling you how to react would be:

“You shouldn’t be upset! Get over it!”

What I’m suggesting is the exaggeration in your earlier statement is completely incorrect.

Unless you are trying to lose, you will not go from winning most of the time to losing ALL of the time.

You are painting a false picture that will give people the wrong impression based on wild exaggeration.

1 Like

I would actually like to see actual numbers on it. As said before, people tend to forget it and you are (could, probably, maybe) forgeting your own cascades and lucky drops.

i can tell you from the 75% of my wins then to the 85% of wins now, it was the AI cascades. Im talking over 2k games played since they added the counter. So statistically - it should even out and have nothing to do with recall bias.

of course… im gonna say - i took a stat class once and told the teacher im inherently unlucky with rng and inherently lucky with cards. He didnt believe me, so made me prove it with stats… and I DID.

You shouldn’t be upset! Get over it!

1 Like

Being upset is a choice.

I wouldn’t be too worried if I were you. I always play on Hard difficulty and I win >95% of the time. I really can’t imagine you will lose more than 5-10% of the time on Hard difficulty… :slight_smile:

When the enemy gets a lucky cascade and eliminates your team on their first turn, it does feel broken, since it is a 100% luck based win and there was nothing you could do to win. Even more so if your team and strategy are better and you were likely to win otherwise.

When you get a lucky cascade, it should feel equally broken, except no one would complain about something that works in their favor. Just like people only complain about TS+Agile being broken when they face those defense teams, not when they run these teams themselves against ‘normal’ teams.

You could argue that Combo Breaker should apply to both sides, just like troop nerfs do, and I would agree with that. I don’t really need the lucky cascades to win, I can win just fine without them, just don’t let the enemy get them either.

@yonizaf About 2% of my wins on Warlord I are me eliminating a worthy team on my own first turn. Less often it happens to me. I can live with that.

1 Like

Doesn’t help those who just play enough pvp to rank 1.

nods. i was quoting an option on the other thread that was relevant here :slight_smile: i personally play on normal but sometimes like the option of going up in difficulty on single card defense teams.

my personal favorite option is to have the difficulties on and a check box for the AI breaker (where it adds a % on its own)

AFAIK majority of lvl200 players can take 1000s without a problem. Those who don’t can still just skip on the launch page or exit the battle that is free.

For those seeking MANUGO experience in GoW I’d rather ask an ‘I WON’ button that appears after 4-5 minutes in game so those just looking for victory without proper team or play can get the rewards anyway, why spoil the others’ experience?

I do, I absolutely hate it if I win like this. No sarcasm, folks.

Exactly what you said. Since the start of that option, I played on hard, and the difference can not be noticed at all. No one will even notice it, but it’s easier to exaggerate before even trying to do it. I don’t day they should remove the chosie of difficult choosing, but the only people who will be on the worse side of this change are those who played on difficult above hard, since their bonuses for gold and souls will be removed.

exaggerate like saying it will give an instant 100% lose rate?

I also win most matches on hard, but the matches in itself are so nerve-wrecking. It’s because of the fact that the RNG seems to get nuts on both sides. Every match from either side could result in a ridiculous combo from the other.

Re difficulty – personally I need to feel like I’m playing against a credible opponent, that the outcome isn’t pretty much ordained in my favor from the start, to be having a good time.

Re randomness – ever since iTunes came out Apple has been plagued by complaints that “Shuffle isn’t random because it does all these weird streaks”. Apple did not build weird streaks into Shuffle. Genuine randomness is streaky. I’m ok with AI Combo Breaker being in the game for the various reasons the devs needed to add it, but I don’t want it on in my game.

2 Likes

I typically play on Hard. Occasionally (more often against goblins as their innate extra turn exacerbates it) the computer will go on a streak, from a match 3, to a dropped 4, to a sequence of 4s, then a spell to clear a row, more 4s, spell to make greens, more 4s… When it starts doing that, I close to program and go do something else.

I treat the RNG streak as the computer saying “Time for a break!”

1 Like

I’ve said this before, but I don’t think Normal mode should exist. I’m convinced the ONLY reason the Combo Breaker is there is b/c of confirmation bias. It’s everyone’s natural tendency to weight the negative affects 2x or more as strongly as the positive ones. There’s a massive body of psychological literature on this. The Combo Breaker is basically an anti-frustration mechanism b/c our brains have biases hard-wired. Normal should be called “Easy” and give lesser rewards.

2 Likes

I give in, I’m a salty gamer (which is the reason I avoid real PVP). Normal mode helps me reducing my rage moments.

No problem with that.