Did the buttons get an upgrade?

All the artwork re-downloaded for me. I’m assuming they made some changes to the images (maybe to make them more optimally sized for the device?) but I have yet to see any changes to the art itself.

1 Like

:astonished: It’s coming soon! :grin:

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I prefer the old buttons.

These buttons just make it look less polished, more like just another game.

I dont mean to crap on what is an “upgrade”, but…

4 Likes

Too late, you already did.

5 Likes

agreed a tad cheesier imo

I hope i can change the button layout on the client side like we can with the background.

2 Likes

I think the buttons look a tad more mobile-y, but otherwise they’re still rather nice. (I’m expecting the Gold and Gems to change to the Shop’s style upon update.)

So long as all the troops aren’t replaced with cell-shaded versions of themselves, I’m happy with these little graphic changes.

1 Like

@DEMONorANGEL nope seems they got a downgrade! :no_mouth:

1 Like

Personally I think they look less budget. Part of the on-going process of upscaling the art. Next stop: Hero art, please!

2 Likes

This x1000. The hero art has never felt to me to be on par with 90% of the troop art.

3 Likes

Actually it’s in the pipeline right now.
It won’t make it’s way into the game for a while (think after 2.1), but we have artists doing some pretty cool new avatar art INCLUDING a couple of new races!

18 Likes

Please help me here: were all the content downloads yesterday new artwork for the troops? :slight_smile:

I dont like the new hero button. The old image of a circlet was nice and it had colour.

Now it’s gender specific. And it’s a dwarf, which I find dour and uninteresting.

The colour pallate is terrible too… PVP is beige on dark brown, guild banners are a pale brown with a blue dot, chests are brown with dull grey, hero is a clay brown dwarf, troops is 2 hats olive green and dull brown and shop is now a gem with a dirty gold/tan coin.

It’s uninspiring and makes me not want to play.

There… I said it…

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, female dwarves have beard too.
So… you can’t really claim that icon is gender specific :wink:

2 Likes

I noticed this too and it bummed me out.

something being a specific gender bums you guys out?i find that…hilarious :grin:

2 Likes

It’s the ‘hero’ icon, which is supposed to be the player. It defaults to male. I’ve never, personally, identified with stocky bearded dudes, so it doesn’t feel very ‘me’.

But thanks for mocking. That’s always fun.

3 Likes

anytime! :heart:

1 Like

“Personally identify” has to be the trendiest phrase these days. I personally identify with many people/things/concepts, yet none of that makes me any part of them/it.

And whoever first said “gender specific”, how can you tell? There are like 8 genders now if you believe the whackjobs out there

2 Likes

So you don’t identify dwarves with white people and beards with men? Or do you just think that everyone just wants to be a bearded white man?

How did you get this far in life?

Oh wait, you’re a white binary and the world is made for you. Luckily, it seems so is this game.