Devs, enough is enough, Communicate!

Whoa that’s a lot of text. Very pleased to see @sirrian stop by an share so much. Kinda disappointed that people weren’t thoughtful enough to work out most of it themselves though…

3 Likes

It’s hard to imagine what goes on behind the scenes at a small studio – especially one that has apparently seen explosive growth in popularity (congrats!) right as they are trying to introduce a huge new gameplay system and completely rewrite their code base. Couple that to the unusual availability Sirrian et al. used to maintain, and it’s a recipe for people feeling slighted.

Edit to add: the community was unaware of the death threats pointed at the devs. Back when Nimhain was active on the boards, there was some clear creepiness thrown her way. I regret not calling that out as weird and unacceptable, as I am sure there was a larger, more creepy, amount of interaction that wasn’t aired on the public forums. Salty probably has to deal with it now.

2 Likes

That’s fair; in any event, though, it’s silly for anyone to take the absence of information as a sign that the devs “want the game to die.” That’s hyperbolic to the point that I can’t imagine anyone writing it and actually meaning it.

3 Likes

Can we have some explanations about gem spawners? Because these ninja-fix don’t help to understand what is going on… It seems to me that the nerf was to add a coin thrown to determine if the cast will create extra turn or not.
As others reported, I see the “20 gems on the board but no extra turn” but and the other hand, I also see “few gems and some extra turns”… And no, I don’t consider that the player has any advantages ;-).

Moreover, players tried to understand how it works (for example, if color 2 removed color 1, etc.) but we never have any official explanation…

1 Like

I think Salty said upthread she would try to be more vocal about the small changes that get made on a regular basis. That may be why the 3.0.5 threads are now pinned to the top of the board.

1 Like

When anything changes further I will let everyone know.

1 Like

And that is great, but last i checked the gem spawner issue isn’t even mentioned in the known issue OP, so the only official information dropped on that issue was in this glorified rant thread :wink:

As it looks similar now to how the old system was I didn’t include it in the thread. However, I am happy to pop it in now.

EDIT: It’s in.

2 Likes
1 Like

Babe missile? Ann summers sell em I think!

In addition to better communication, i would like to add that i am annoyed by the false promise that has been given in the past. I clearly remember a post where was stated that there would be regular updates. To be specific, there would be a minor update followed by a major update, 6 weeks between those updates.

Not to mention the ridiculous prices that are being asked for being VIP 20.

It’s not the prices per se but the rewards for being vip. I’m 6, my partner is 5 and for the investment they’re not great.
2.5k gold per vip level increase for each vip chest opened would be a good start. Plus none of the battles in pvp this morning gave over 900 base gold, after a few battles I saw the odd 1500 but that’s a kick in the plums imo when you’ve gone over level 1100!

I think they set it back because of the increased speed, imagine how much we’d get, I used to see 4500 now I barely get 3500 if I’m lucky.
VIP 5 here

Not seen that since I was below 500

I think 2 updates ago mine dropped and then again with the last one, bug I do a lot of pvp, 1000 trophies per week

Somehow the title in this thread makes me fall off the chair everytime I am passing it by. :joy::rofl: I dont know why, possibly the way its written like: Come here right now, or I will die Devs.

1 Like

This is the gems of war forums right? what other appropriate place is there to post about it? please direct me to such a place.
What you really mean is you don’t like the truth that you are selling something and then undermining that sale through another game mechanic.
Yes you sell increase % of gold per pvp battle, but then you lower the gold per fight as you level.

Thats the truth, thats what you do, and rather than respond to the question with an answer, its a smarmy remark.

Great attitude to spending players.

1 Like

See, and then we get answers like this to a very valid question that completely undermine the good will received earlier on this post.

The question merits a response because it is absolutely bait and switch selling tactics which could be used as an argument to get every penny the players spent back. You guys really need to look at your bread and butter and understand that screwing that playerbase screws everyone. If there’s no money coming in then there’s no game.

While we’re on this topic you should look at rewards across the board. You set these arbitrary prices that make no sense. For instance, I can make 100k gold in probabably 45 minutes, maybe less, but if you buy that same gold with gems and convert those gems to real money you are (I’m not in the game right now, so I’m going off of memory) spending around 30 bucks. You really think that adds up to fair?

and we know, you guys are working on bugs, but your entire economy is wonkers and needs an overhaul.

Hey guys chill a sec… She said they were looking into pvp rewards (its something i want addressed as well) lets just keep our britches on and give them time… I would rather the bugs get fixed first

5 Likes

Isn’t the issue with PVP rewards related to guild levels, and not VIP levels? I thought I saw earlier testing suggesting that leaving a top-10 guild resulted in large gains in gold per fight.