Devs, enough is enough, Communicate!

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are willing to be patient as long as we know our issues have been heard and are in the que for a fix.any information is better than no information.

2 Likes

@Strat @HKdirewolf @DonBoba It wouldn’t be Salty’s Cave, it would be Salty’s Summoned Circle. Clearly. :stuck_out_tongue: Though I did enjoy the Archer joke. That was quality.

I know I am a broken record, but we will keep the known issues threads updated in order to let you know what we are working on. I’d recommend always checking there first before posting about new bugs, or being worried that we are not looking into something. If it’s in the thread, we’ve acknowledged it and are either looking into it or fixing it.

@Pantenkind we are doing our best in this hectic time. The truth is, your responses to me read as very aggresive, which isn’t the best way to get the help or information you want. (It also has the added benefit of making me sad.) I do appreciate you apologising, thank you.

11 Likes

I posted several times that you sell gold increase % bonuses in VIP which got me buying to get those bonuses, then as I level my gold per PVP battle started dropping, counteracting what you are selling.
None of the times i posted i got a reply, and it really annoyed me, because its taking peoples money.
New players get more gold per battle than me and i have lots of perks for increase…
Why the hell does this game punish player advancement? it makes no sense…

Once again i’ll say i’m looking forward to a response but I won’t hold my breath

2 Likes

This isn’t the appropriate place to be posting this issue. We have stated many times in the past that we will be looking into PVP and the and the associated rewards. We haven’t been able to look into sooner as we have had to fix a lot of unexpected issues, but it is on our schedule. (Look at that, 7 minute response time!)

7 Likes

Hey everybody! Taking a few moments out of my family vacay to comment cause this thread has really struck a chord, no pun intended. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To all the devs: I have been here forever and know how hard you work and I appreciate it. This is still the best game forum I have ever been a part of.

To @Sirrian : I am sorry that you are experiencing these kinds of attacks. They are uncalled for and childish. I am more sorry that they have caused you enough stress that you felt it affected your performance and ability to create more amazing content for us.

To @Saltypatra : I appreciate you being a liaison for us to the other devs. I also sympathize with the limitations that come with this position.

Final thought: I think there was a lot of fear about sirrian and Nimhain taking a step back from the forums. When you were both so vocal and present the kind of change you implemented, though necessary, felt very extreme. From almost daily interactions to a third party liaison. It is my hope that this is just one more growing pain for the GoW community and we will learn from it and learn to trust the chain of command that is in place. But the real positive takeaway is that GoW is GROWING! And though things may get rocky at times that growth is good for us all in the end.

Alright, I’m out! Back to Disneyworld!!
Much love to all of the GoW Community!!

:wink:

5 Likes

Do I count as a third party liaison if my desk is only six feet away? D8

10 Likes

Confirmed… can hit @Saltypatra with my nerf gun from here easily if she peeks out too far from behind her monitor!

17 Likes

HAhahahahahahahaha this is great

1 Like

I highly recommend (against) starting a nerf war with me.

As a child I was known as the nerf king. I would leave flowers at the bottom of my stairs as a present for my mum (my child logic was, women love flowers!!!) and when she got excited about them I would jump out with a nerf gun and destroy her.

I’m not saying that this will happen with miniatures on your desk, but I also wouldn’t put it past me.

12 Likes

@Sirrian Hint:

3 Likes

… What’s a babe missile?

5 Likes

@Saltypatra I am hoping @Sirrian shows you the hard way and I hope he records it and posts the vid in here…:slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Big sister to the ugly missle.

OMG they literally have women on them.

@Pantenkind Oh snap.

2 Likes

a) Thanks for all you do and put up with. Most of us just lurk in the background or don’t even know the forums exist, but we’re still grateful for this game and the folks who make it happen just the same.

b) I was totally going to model and 3D print the various mana symbols and skulls and stuff for the “win a PS4 with artwork” competition but ran out of time.

c) there are many, many Nerf gun mods available as printable 3D models. Just saying.

(and guys, if you’re still interested, I’ll get around to it one of these days). :slight_smile:

I did not mean that as any sort of backhanded insult. :fearful:

Much love @Saltypatra!!!
:hugs:

1 Like

Is this thread turning into a nerf thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

More seriously, some very sobering revelations from @Sirrian. But appreciate all the devs are doing that we don’t see, and @Saltypatra for being on the front line and taking the brunt of negativity. You guys are awesome, and looking forward to what’s coming next (and hopefully some more positivity on the forums after this therapy session thread).

5 Likes

I’d like to take moment and say, thank you, @Saltypatra, for becoming our community manager.

I’d personally figured that your introduction meant big things for Gems of War and that it would only get bigger. Taking the brunt of it for the crew is not an easy task by any stretch I imagine.

I could already see the early signs of Sirrian and Nimhain being worn down by the constant reiteration and clarification on already known issues and concerns. A break was definitely needed.

8 Likes

Well said @Zelfore!

And you managed to say it without offending any devs like some idiot above!

:point_right: @efh313

:sob:

1 Like