Devs, Devs, Devs šŸ¤¦

Agreed. While I sometimes encounter interesting (which can be good, bad, or anything) teams in GW and it is relatively low effort on account of not a lot of battles, it doesnā€™t stimulate me to create new teams and the rewards are a joke compared to both weekly and pretty much any other event.

I find the vast majority of nerfs that are called for are primarily over GW grief. Although I totally understand and dread seeing them in GW as well, I generally do not like nerfs except for obvious problems such as Fizzbang when she was initially released. I especially do not like the call for nerfs focused primarily one event type that occurs once every four weeks and has a limited reward scope for 99% of players. I understand that some of these troops and weapons can be a blight to face in regular PvP as well but you can always avoid them, even the seemingly ubiquitous ones if you like.
I have to wonder how prominent the calls would be to nerf these troops as well as weapons like Rope Dart if GW did not exist. I would prefer to see a developer work-around solution regarding GW instead so these troops and weapons can be enjoyed by players in the other facets of the game without being nerfed.

3 Likes

As much as its fun to blame GW for everything, Rope Dart and Life and Death are getting blamed in the name of frequency in PvP.

Any call for a Yao Guai nerf can be blamed on GW, if thatā€™s still a thing.

I donā€™t know - from my vantage point, I see a great deal more diversity in PvP now than ever before. There is no single meta team dominating the landscape as there was back in the Divine Protector or pre-nerf Kraken days.
Of course Rope Dart / Life and Death teams can be a complete pain to face. However, I simply avoid them in PvP if I donā€™t want the grief. The most vocal arguments I see are still rooted around GW.
That being said, I still firmly believe that the primary issue at the very foundation of all these ā€œoverpoweredā€ troops and weapons is the plethora of empowered gem converters that keep being released.
It really does not matter if current grief troops or weapons are nerfed or not. There will always be others incoming that will synergize with one or more of the empowered gem converters.

4 Likes

I agree with that 100%

4 Likes

To me guild wars a while back was basically boring. I went 33 days without a loss and could brag to anyone that would listen but we were playing checkers. Now with all the hero classes and converters we are playing chess because now you have to use the thing between your ears to always look for a counter. Be lazy once and it could cost you a battle. The people that are good Guild War players complain mostly because of lack of time to look for counters most likely. The great guild war players complain about it too but still go mostly 5/0. The bad players probably donā€™t care because they were bad before so not much has changed on their end. I like it because I will take chess over checkers any day of the week and twice on Sunday. So bring on more converters and rough OP troops. Itā€™s the same for everyone. Remember there is a counter to everything but you do have to look for it. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Pfft. Talk to me when youā€™ve been 330 days without a loss. I do it with 3 troops too, because Iā€™m so bored.

4 Likes

well I always thought I know how to sort it out but I cant I feel sorryā€¦

17 months later, Gobtruffle is finally nerfed.

So about year and a half seems to be the delay effect between the designers seeing that they are wrong and doing something about it. Joy. :wink: