Devour Skill / Bad for the Game

my debate was counters. Mab being a very good one. but there is more, lots more

Strategy involves less luck and more skill… When it comes down to RNG whether your devour hits first, or his, this becomes luck based. Any 1 shot kill + buff your troop is broken in the game.

When a level 1 troop with all 3 traits can destroy 4 x level 20 troops with all 3 traits, you don’t think this skill is broken?

1 Like

Of which you are correct. There is no debating that.

Queen Mab is another broken troop, but its way more counterable than devour.

1 Like

nope his 3rd trait to continue devouring yes. but just because he ate one troop I do not. I have won even after being devoured by one. its hard but main point would be the strategy to stop him from ever casting in first place

I can deal with 1 troop being devoured per game. I cannot deal with all 4 of my troops being devoured in 1-2 turns of the game. Where is strategy when you don’t even get the mana to counter this issue.

I’m not saying this is unbeatable, I’m saying this skill is even worse than true shot/agile teams. This is a skill that breaks the strategy in this game.

2 Likes

that is back to his 3rd trait. without it he can only eat one troop. reason 3rd trait should be fixed as I said up above

1 Like

the following troops’s spells to a certain extent when dealing with “remove enemy gain x stat”
ANCIENT HORROR
All the imps
dwarf lord
ICE WITCH
MARSH RAPTOR
MIST STALKER
RAVEN
REX WARRIOR
SABERTOOTH LION
TAU

Yes however the person was running two so i kinda had the gambit abit early. Looking at you mr. fish
Also against maw/bonedragon/infernal king/mercy. I made the argument of maw being countered dust devil based on that battle however then it was like “oh but mercy maw op because infernal kind got charged by mercy” Even though i could replace my lost burned up troops and heal using my yes goblins it seems like no one is satisfied that maw is useless if not up front. I run goblin shaman hobgoblin dustdevil and goblin king. What can i say,

like goblins

Yes if the chance was proven to do 100% on an actual skull match and not a skull spam match. Everytime i see a video of maw munching somehow it is preceded by a skull spam match. Until someone can prove after 100 battles that it devoured more than 15 times with out a skull spam then maybe i would beleive it is broken outside of the bug that caused mass devour which no one cas confirmed is broken.

Devour is overpowered. Simple as that.

2 Likes

well I havn’t taken a video but from the hundreds and hundreds I seem to have fought. he devours a lot more than 15% on a single skull match. no proof of that and not going to make a video of me being ate :slight_smile:

The game thrives on synergy. Devour is a useful tool to break that synergy IMO. I believe it has a place in the game. The Great Maw’s third trait is where I have my contention.

3 Likes

anyways guys I gave my opinion and it remains just that, and not everyone will agree I am positive of that. so I done. Good Luck in game

1 Like

The only problem i have with maw is that dang mana generation. 16 gems seriously?

I agree his 3rd trait is broken, but I however believe that Devour needs a limit of once per battle or completely removed from the game.

Black Manacles seems to also trigger more than 20% of the time.

So if I’m playing a match for 10 minutes, I get 1 of my troops buffed up, then devour comes along, and its as if I buffed the enemy and lost my best troop. Where is the skill in this? Do I just play MAW or double like everyone else, wait for other teams maw/black manacles to devour one of my troops then devour his? This would be the best counter-strategy imo.

However, I am not saying this isnt counterable, its very frustrating and uncounterable for those players whom do not have this card, or the cards required and if the meta of all defense decks that own maw/devour are (50%+) then you will see people quitting the game. I’m trying to help this game, help improve the strategy and I want to see this succeed.

I don’t believe it’s that bad. If you have Infernal King or Bone Dragon behind him it is greatly appreciated. Also, @Shimrra found out that Maw actually produced more brown gems than yellow. I believe they have addressed that.

From your example, that is an unfortunate turn of events, and waiting for Maw to devour anything is not the way to go. Also, the AI is always targeting the Hero. So, odds are you will always lose your Hero in this situation.

I agree to a certain extent, but let’s face it, people are going to quit regardless of the situation. As @killerman3333 mentioned before, some of his guildmates quit the game because of how powerful they read a troop to be. We will always find reasons to quit anything.

Lastly, I agree Maw’s third trait is broken. I don’t believe Devour is a broken mechanic, and I also believe it needs hard counters. We have a few soft ones, yes.

We all do. Forum goers are the most dedicated minority of a particular game, and I appreciate your input.

2 Likes

I find no fault in your reply or anything in it i could debate except maw’s third trait being broken. However that is your opinion and a respectable one.

I’m still not clear on this – have you faced a fully-traited Maw with any regularity? If not, I think it is easy to underestimate the game-changing effect his third trait has.

1 Like

To answer your question, when the top pvp players ran maw for a bit to see what the hub-bub was about and was unfazed by what i faced however i got no rewards from it and it did not affect my stats for pvp.

A very good friend of mine told me I was argumentative. Of course, I don’t agree, but I truly believe you couldn’t debate Great Maw’s third trait working as intended. I am sure it would be an enlightening read.

Top PvP players still run Maw. I encounter one in well over half of the matches I play.

1 Like