Dev Q&A Question Gathering Time!

I’m glad you didn’t mention my trolling in the write up. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Happy Birthday @Saltypatra

2 Likes

I’m curious how Glory keys compare with Event keys in terms of value. The two Glory keys I get per day were great when I was level 200, but at level 1117 they doesn’t even register on my radar anymore. Same with the daily gold - I get more from one PVP battle now.

In summary, I wish there was a way for the VIP rewards to scale with the player’s level so they stay relevant and helpful.

5 Likes

So anyone knows which kingdom Fire and Ice is linked to? :stuck_out_tongue:
Mist of Scale perhaps which has red/blue banner?

There are 40 weapons obtainable through events. So not every weapons could be linked with a kingdom…

I’m missing Chaos Blade…

damn, I fear then that some of us will never be able to collect fire and ice…

I’m going to keep these links in the GoW - Events spreadsheet.

It’s going to take ages, but at least we will know which weapons don’t have a kingdom. Aside if a dev can share with us these informations :wink: .

If someone remembers a weapon pack/kingdom please let me know :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Thanks to ahem, me, they might think to replace the daily glory key vip reward with event keys.
Now that isn’t much but they weren’t budging much.

is this all they said about addressing health issues? no mention of too small fonts / gem board colors etc?

1 Like

I do second what Annaerith said after reading the summary - while I’m glad the sidescrolling in particular was addressed as it concerns me, other people have other issues (and some bother me as well, though to a lesser degree), so they are important as well. Unless I’m mistaken, the issues that constantly come up here on the forums (and in my guild chat) are:

• Board should be fully nontransparent again (Eyestrain, headaches)
  • Related to the above, people have complained about specific backgrounds too bright or, in case of treasure hunt, making the coins hard to see (Vision problems). From what I remember, Blighted Lands was especially mentioned as being too bright and the kingdoms with white-ish scenery in general seem to cause more issues. In treasure hunt, people complained about brown backgrounds the most.
  • Text on the card borders is too small and on some colors not readable, especially on mobile devices.
  • Related to that, the borders are by some percieved as too small, people want them to be fancier/larger again not just for design but to fit text on there in a decent size and color
  • The color theme in general is causing health issues of headaches and eyestrain because of high contrast black/white and green/yellow/white. While the new preview shows that the button is gone at least in the kingdom menus soon, it is still in a lot of other things (skip, cast…) and the black and white is everywhere.
  • There was an image shared of yellow text in a green arrow in the guild wars result tab. This is not visible for some people (Red-Green-Blindness issues). Other things, including some battle effects/numbers (stun) are also difficult to see for people with Red-Green-issues or, apparently, on mobile devices in general, causing even more eyestrain.
  • And the sidescrolling.

Did I forget anything? Lemme know! And please also lemme know if any of this was addressed so that I can tell my guildmates who are suffering together with me - a lot of them don’t check here.

9 Likes

Board should be fully nontransparent again (Eyestrain, headaches)

This is all I ask for.

2 Likes

i need the font bigger or i wont be doing any team building or troop browsing, i wont force myself to read those small stat numbers, my eyes need already too thick glasses, when i “exercise” my eyes with this game font - the vision defect only gets worse and (for me) its the kind that doesnt get healed. :confused:

idk what kind of experts you have there that told you this font size for mobile is “big enough”, certainly someone inexperienced or one that doesnt care to learn

if i see you guys decided to keep this font size for good ill have to issue real warning for ppl to realise that playing this game gives risk to gaining/worsening vision defect (especially short sight)

maybe i wasnt clear enough before about how serious it is, i was waiting you could just realise it and repair the error

since you fixed the horrible troop search ui (which prevented me from team building since it was wasting too much time), at the same time you made team building to be even worse due to the font size (that literally damages my eyes), so i still cant do it - in the end its a very very long time i cant do the team building :sob:

5 Likes

Thanks for the write-up Asha!

So… between this week’s Q&A and the last one, I really do love watching the Devs talk about the game because their passion is clear to see and very infectious.

However. It’s also slightly frustrating because they have so many great ideas about how to improve the game but apparently no time to implement them. It would be so good to see the Devs ‘to do’ list including priorities.

5 Likes

@eika @lyya @Whiskeyjack
You’re welcome. :slight_smile: I just wanted to help people out that couldn’t watch the stream because of technical, language or disability issues.

Yes, they only talked about side scrolling directly. Generally, they stated the UI is a work in progress, and that they are listening to feedback.

3 Likes

So about the Hero troop, I understand that we can’t use different class for defense .

But did they address why they keep the cost for switching under 48h? Removing it or switching it to gold can’t be a programming issue…

So many classes and weapons, yet we are restricted to use them. Really cramps the potential here.

3 Likes

Back in the day, I wrote up a timeline of events on the wiki which includes which Kingdom lined up with which Event Weapon which might help.

According to my list, Fire and Ice was Khaziel and Chaos Blade was Ghulvania.

2 Likes

The latest year I believe there has been two Khaziel events, non Fire and Ice in the shop tho.

Thanks!

There are some kingdoms which have more than one weapon. So my guess is that we get a random weapon from the linked ones.

I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think it was Chaos Blade last week (maybe Eye of Xathenos?). Else I miss again a chance to obtain this weapon…

Does anyone know which event staff of madness was tied to?