Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

No.

Only that about GW:

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully they will do that with the rework.

Are there more cash shops coming? I don’t think there are enough events that have cash shops associated with them.

New game mode in 3.6 you will probably be Able to spend all your lovely gems

2 Likes

yep and get more ingots

Seeing that other prominent questions posted in here also didn’t get answered, i have to ask what is the point in making such a thread at all, if you’re not going to answer the questions with the most likes signaling high interest?

3 Likes

WOW, that was a lot of Q and almost no A. I’m sad to say thats exactly what I expected.

They chose to answer things like “Do the Kingdoms trade with each other?” and “what do you like most about the game?”

No word about the gem fee for class change.

Nothing about a viable sink for common ingots.

And they still don’t see how the new Kingdom power system is INCREADIBLY unfair towards newer players who didn’t have all Kingdoms at level 8 or 9 before the change.

Honestly, what?

2 Likes

While you are right with 99% of the things, Salty had said in this very thread pretty much just a few posts after the beginning that the gem fee thing will not be answered in the stream:

That does not make the issue for those suffering from it any better, of course. But yeah, the fact that this matter wasn’t going to be adressed was long known.

But I am upset that the other things you mentioned weren’t discussed, either, that’s for sure.

1 Like

I fundamentally disagree with Saltys statement that they have answered this question in the past. They did not answer, they gave us bullshit excuses. And they stand by them knowing how rediculous they are.

1 Like

Dumb weapons, like tomes that boost magic but just explode one gem, will that be fixed?

Be it however it may be - that they don’t want to change it or that they really can’t - they answered the question several times with what boils down to: The fee won’t change.
I didn’t see the stream, but people here are already complaining that not enough questions or at least not enough relevant ones were answered. I feel that, if they would have adressed the class change cost thing again, everyone would have gotten the same explanation we heard before - and which apparently took 10 minutes in the last stream - just one more time, taking even more time away from other questions.

Unfortunately, asking a question multiple times because one doesn’t like the answer or isn’t satisfied with it, usually doesn’t result in anything except for hearing the answer again, becoming more frustrated yourself and the person answering being more and more annoyed. That happens every day several times - no matter if it’s about an issue like this, about someone asking their ex-partner who broke up with them just why they did so and how to fix it because they don’t want to give up, about a child who asks the mother several times for a pet… the answer is just “No”. And asking sixty times just equals sixty "No"s.

2 Likes

Well thats just the thing. I could not find a clear statement along the lines of “No, we won’t change that.”. All I could find was “We have spaghetti code with no documentation so we are unable to change it.” - I’m paraphrasing of course, that would be way too honest to be an official statement.

Be that as it may, the unfair treatment of newer players regarding kngdom power is far worse.

From the thread about class changes, post made three days ago:

I do agree with you fully about the kingdom issues, by the way. And as soon as we get a new kingdom, we older players will also be affected.

I stand corrected then. This post was made after I looked into this matter shortly after the 3.5 release. thank you. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for that to happen. :smiling_imp: :grin:
But jokes aside… older players will never feel that much pain about this. With a new kingdom it will be like in the old system when you simply did not have the mythic yet or there wasn’t enough troops in the game to get 7 stars or more.
Newer players will always know that there are people in the game that have higher stats because they didnt have to grind/buy as much because they started playing a couple of months earlier. And that sucks.

1 Like

That’s how I always felt about many things - especially since I joined shortly after guild tasks were nerfed for good. I never had the opportunity to get gems like players who were playing since a longer time and I always found that unfair. I really don’t wanna be a new player these days… or at least not an informed, new player. I think a lot of people never check the forums and never learn how things once were…

1 Like

Ignorance is bliss, here. If you don’t know how things used to be you don’t need to worry about how today is worse. (I may have inadvertently described kids and old people, but I was thinking about GoW.)

2 Likes

I think some of what people are saying is unfair. I asked a lot of questions that were posed in the stream to Sirrian and Nimhain. They both did their best to answer them around a huge amount of content they were planning to get through.

The stream rules and format are clear and I re-iterate them wherever possible during the stream. Screaming out random questions that are unrelated to the topic at hand aren’t answered because it disrupts the stream. This is why the section at the end exists where people can chime in. I asked a lot of hot topic questions that came up during the stream, for example, if ingots would be added to other chests, if a treasure map rework is planned, etc. Just because these questions are not the one specific question you want answered doesn’t mean that they aren’t to other players.

Overall our Q & A streams do really well, especially across social and with a lot of our less vocal players. However, your opinions and feelings are heard, and if you feel that negatively towards these streams we may consider stopping them in the future.

6 Likes

The question on trading between human kingdoms was specifically asked in the question collection thread, It was selected because the devs wanted to answer some non-techincal questions on-stream, as it was literally the only lore question asked in the entire thread. There’s no animosity there by the devs at all.

As stated by others already, the class change fee is a dead horse issue at this point until the devs say otherwise.

Other questions… that’s gacha gaming in general, which GoW is more tightly embracing with every update.

3 Likes

Dead horses are cheaper than 50 gems. :grinning:

1 Like

To beat a dead horse some more.

50 gems to change classes

From my understanding… The classes were changed and improved so that players would use all the different ones more often.
A lot of time and coding went into this. While for years the players themselves have told the devs… Remove the class change fee and we’ll use the classes more.

My solution - Limit the class change to 7 times a week for free. Any class change after that will be 100 gems.

We both want the same thing. Players want to use more classes… Devs want us to use more classes.

And I’m sorry… but whoever buys gems to do a class change should not be allowed to handle real money.

4 Likes