Design-a-Troop Project - Temporarily Closed

Weekly Ping @Saltypatra and @Sirrian.

2 Likes

Thanks @Beowulf I hadn’t gotten around to it for a while!

You had your wish already.

1 Like

You’re welcome matey. And Monk is seriously good

Weekly Ping @Saltypatra @Sirrian @Jainus, Sorry I forgot to weekly Ping them

1 Like

i still want to design more troops.

That’s why Jainus or I weekly Ping the devs

That feature they hopefully can get working could allow player created creatures. Not saying they would, but that added flexibility makes it easier.

Weekly Ping, @Saltypatra, @Sirrian

Weekly ping @Saltypatra @Sirrian

We look forward to (soon?) getting the EULA stuff sorted and design-a-troop back on track :smiley:

Thanks @Beowulf

3 Likes

Thanks Jainus. I forgot nearly this week. It’s exams week here

Weekly ping @Saltypatra

1 Like

And why not doing it without the approval of the devs? Because that’s the issue: devs cannot clearly organize this project.

But if we do it unofficially, devs could “take some ideas” without any issues: I remember that a Mecha-Dragon and a Demonhunter were proposed in the first attempt ;-).

In all cases, it could be a good opportunity to test the organization of this kind of project.

Pointless doing it as a proper coordinated / voted effort if it’s not going to actually end up in the game.

I think it could work if @Saltypatra hosts it and gets appropriate legalese into every thread as she posts things. More work for the devs, rather than me doing it (which I was happy to do), but may be safer way around the IP / legal issues.

I don’t think it’s an issue of who is coordinating the project because: We need anybody who takes part in something like this to sign a EULA. The project was: devs asked us to design a troop and they add it in the game. If devs ask something like that, it will obvious that they take the idea from us and so, can be sued because of that.

If we do the project without devs, they don’t have this problem, they just can take the ideas (or not… that’s the issue :slight_smile: ). If even that is not possible, it will mean that if tomorrow I post an idea about one troop and by coincidence the devs implement the same, I can sue them which will be strange, no?
As said, in the first attempt, the Demonhunter was proposed. Can we sue the devs because they release one troop similar to the Demonhunter that we talked about on their forum?

I just want to outline that since 6 months there is no real update and I just try to find other solutions that posting a message every week… :wink:

Weekly ping @Saltypatra @Sirrian

2 Likes

Weekly ping @Saltypatra

GuildWars would really benefit from a designed troop with ‘All allies are immune to DeathMark’ trait

1 Like

Can we do better than immunity? How about “Death Thorns”, and reflect deathmark back on our opponent :yum:

1 Like

Its actually a dual status effect:
First it applies a buff to your troop called Rubber and then it applies Glue to the enemy.
From that point on anything the AI does bounces of me and sticks to you!

And they can get the Mana Surge voice actor to shout: “I’m Rubber and Your Glue!”

5 Likes

So I have some good news! We are currently looking into the EULA and it looks like Design-a-Troop will be possible in the future. We will need some more time to hash out the specifics, but it looks like it is on the cards.

(ON THE CARDS, GET IT. CARDS. THIS GAME HAS CARDS. I’M HERE ALL WEEK.)

11 Likes

@Jainus @Jainus @Jainus @Jainus @Jainus @Jainus!

(Just getting you back for all the weekly pings.)

9 Likes