Design-a-Troop Project - Temporarily Closed

I had another troop idea. Adana contains a lot of constructs so why not have a construct named Boiler machine. Transform target gem to red, then does true damage to an enemy equal to its magic.

1 Like

Necro-ing this thread and pinging @Saltypatra to see if we can get this up and running again?

Pinging @Sirrian too. We’ll need @Saltypatra to prod people to sort out the EULA stuff here.

I’d be happy to run this community project again, as before - and I’m sure LOTS of people would like to see it happen :smiley:

5 Likes

how about EULA signed once per account for entire forum use, and then a different type of polls that are open only for eula-signed accounts?

well any way you implement it will work, im looking forward to it :slight_smile:

please make it retroactive for all our past feature requests…

2 Likes

I don’t get this thread other than that it was a major thing here. Although if this mean what I think it means that is suggest a troop then I’m all for necroing this thread

It’s not just “suggest a troop”, it’s “create a troop as a community and devs will deliver”.
It was put on hold because of laws on intellectual property (if I’m not mistaken)

5 Likes

Ok maybe this is a dumb question and please forgive my ignorance but what is Tl;dr?

Too long;didn’t read.

Some people hate to read long posts, or are incapable, so you give the shortened version of what the post was about in a TL;DR.

1 Like

Too long; didn’t read

And I had to ask the same question a month ago! :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s the (older) thread where Sirrian launched things: Community: Design-a-Troop Project

And this one is how far we got thinking / debating ideas: Design-a-troop Project Part 2: Troop Concept Ideas - #43 by Freakynation76

Pinging @Saltypatra again like an attention-deficient spoiled child, here :smiley:

2 Likes

@Sirrian should dig out the old copies of Dragon magazine from his parents basement and read the EULA for reader submissions.

If memory serves the issue before wasnt a lack of desire, forums users were ready and willing to sign EULAs and @Sirrian wanted to get them to us, but RATHER having to wait on the legal department of Infinity+2 to actually WORK IT OUT…

Legal stuff… takes too long. :weary:

I think it was a combination of legal input and needing to code a way for forum users to all have to accept the EULA somehow…

I rember the forum coding part, and that confused me. The forum software already allows that. There is a secret forum for long term members.

My guess is, legally, they need a way for people to accept a EULA for stuff on the forums, and once they’ve done that they can do the whole secret “new area for those who have accepted EULA” or something.

As one example, many toy companies have a phalanx of lawyers that exist just to reject letters people/kids send them with their own ideas and drawings. This kind of stuff is serious bizwax. No corporation wants a $120M IP lawsuit because some kid drew a picture of a honey-badger and sent it to them. I’m not even joking.

2 Likes

Anything that requires legal help/attention/aid/anythingatall will always take an obnoxious amount of time.

That being said, I think this is a great idea. I’ve been reading through the old threads and there are some great ideas. I also loved seeing everyone collaborating, and some of the backstories that came out were amazing.

We’re obviously pretty busy getting everything ready for Guild Wars and fixing things up so this will have to be on the back burner a little longer. Bear with us!

(Feel free to ping away at me @Jainus, I really don’t mind. :slight_smile: Sometimes it just takes me a little while to get back to you when I’m sifting through things. )

8 Likes

Cross-post:

Well, he doesn’t not look like Ron Burgundy.

1 Like

Weekly ping @Saltypatra (and @Sirrian) about the Design-a-troop Project…

1 Like

I hope we get this going soon… My opinion is that we really need to create a dragon that uses Brown/Yellow manas that kicks ass. There are currently zero Brown/Yellow dragons…

1 Like