Design-a-Troop Project - Temporarily Closed

I highly doubt it was a single voice that did it, @Machiknight. No apology needed.

1 Like

Its like any kind of insurance - you hope for the best but prepare for the worst. In this case, ‘the worst’ means some paranoid people making up crazy crap that gets us all in trouble for designing a kickass legendary without them.

2 Likes

I feel like everything i wanted from this project is already forth coming and already in the game files but under a different troop design. I am not even mad, just i feel like somehow i predicted stuff that we can put in game with no issue. I wanted a troop from ghulvania and this event there was two for example, i wanted an empowered mana stealer and like magic there was one, i wanted a mana thief for ghulvania specifically and there it was in this event like clockwork. It might be coincidence and i believe it to be but i have no idea if it is totally all coincidence or not. I love this game and i love the devs but i am scared that maybe i should not be in this as i might predict another spell/trait combo the devs have worked hard on for a future event. Thankfully the only omg i predicted a construct maker too for f/cks sake this is ridiculous. Though it makes fortress gates so it is ok, however i think i should not recommend cards for the future of the project.

As someone that has been on the shaft end of this type of situation, I strongly agree!

2 Likes

Kingdom

• Troop concept, theme and name (so we can then send it off to have art designed)
    DragLeach - Either a Blighted Land or Imp character due to the fewest members in those lands.
  • Spell mechanics, name and colours (I will agree costs with the devs to maintain balance)
    Yellow/Red - Sucked On
  • Legendary trait mechanics and name
    On Skull Damage - Drain Mana to full on either last troop or healthiest troop first
  • Other traits
    Poison those who attack him (non-skullcast way)
    Regenerates Health
  • Stats profiles (does it lean towards attack or life, etc)
    Leans toward health for him and team mates
    Again, the rough sequence for each stage will be:
  • I invite suggestions on a choice
  • members reply with ideas, giving reasons, limited to one idea per member

@Sirrian
If we have a few ideas/suggestions regarding the game - would it be best to wait until a new ‘user agreement’ is finalized or should we just continue to put forth ideas and suggestions in the interim?

1 Like

Feel free to keep sharing ideas.
We don’t need to worry about the User Agreements until we kick the Design-a-Troop project back off officially.

1 Like

Great
Thanks

However, until the legal points are sorted out, I won’t be paying close attention, remembering anything or doing any polls…

Happy to debate cool ideas, always! But a risk they’ll get lost along the way…

1 Like

Seeing as almost everything i wanted is designed into a troop at this point, i have run out of ideas.

I have zillions… though when this topic revives (after I give @sirrian a gentle kick) I will be keeping my ideas quiet and chairing it as planned…

Though the thought of a Jainus-designs-a-troop project which the community vote on is also appealing… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see it now.

Banhammer
15 Red/Brown
If the enemy team has a troop starting with “M” in it, replace the entire team with three random other troops and one crotchety forum post.

6 Likes

No way! That’d screw my Musketeer team…

Are we going to start fresh when it relaunches? There will be enough new troops by then that I think folks will want to rethink the troop.

Probably… I shall see what @sirrian thinks, but as we’d only decided the kingdom, and things have moved on a bit, I don’t think we lose much by starting again…

Oh man! Some kind of new powerful Daemon would be awesome!

1 Like

Thought you wanted a mech? or possibly a dragon?

Or a bounty-hunting female divine-daemon cross with mech-dragon wings?

1 Like

I want RoboCop, a Human/Construct hybrid :wink:

1 Like

I want to see dual-types on troops too… long overdue!

1 Like

I was being sarcastic hehe.