Design-a-Troop Competition! (WEEK TWO: Theme & Visual Style for the troop)

Orcanosaurus Mechs :scream:

3 Likes

Yah, and since Orcas aren’t whales (technically a dolphin) it doesn’t have to devour. I like the idea of an apex animal moving onto land to fight human interference !

1 Like

Free Willy!

How about an Orca Rider (so it’s a Merfolk), and, like Drake Rider, you spawn the Orcabot after.
Wait, that means designing 2 cards…

2 Likes

The ideas are endless! I like the idea of a new status effect, deafness. A troop would grey out and would be unavailable for the next turn even if they are at full mana. They would also be unable to collect mana and their traits wouldn’t work

2 Likes

Love ittttt!

1 Like

The Orca mech idea someone else mentioned made me think of another Merfolk-Mech idea and I’m kind of kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner. Have a troop similar to The Legendary Fisherman monster from Yu-Gi-Oh (pictures below).

Now, some of you may be thinking to yourselves: “But, Striker, those picture don’t show anything mechanical.” True, but that’s where the imagination comes in. How could you make this creature a mech? Well, theres a couple options.

Option 1, you focus on the fish part of the creature. You could make it a fully mechanical shark or whale or whatever you want (i prefer shark). It could basically be Jaws, but for Gems of War. Alternatively, the shark could only be partly mechanical. Lets say the man riding this creature is an intelligent engineeer, a wiz with all things mechanical and technological. May be, he found a way to enhance this shark for his own evil plan. Or maybe, the shark was wounded and he used his skills to make it better, faster, stronger. Perhaps he replaced one of the sharks damaged eyes with cybernetics and it can shoot a deadly laser beam. He could have also needed to replace some damages fins with mechanical ones, you get the idea.

Option 2, we focus on the man. Let’s say he, himself is a cyborg for whatever reason. Maybe he was the one that was experimented on, either by chose or by force. Maybe he is the one with the cybernetic enhancements like the eye I mentioned earlier. Maybe instead of him carrying the harpoon, his arm is a harppon, itself. There’s so much you could do here and I can’t believe I didn’t think of this the other day.

TheLegendaryFisherman-JP-Anime-DM-NC

1 Like

A merfolk, in mech armor, from blackhawk (pirates/eyepatch)? Gotta be an Undyne parody/homage

Merfolk riding a Mechanical Beaver with saddle on its back or built into it.
Why a beaver:

1. (almost) Everyone loves beavers.
  2. Beavers build dams, dams lead to higher water level, more water = more space for merfolk.
  3. Mecha-Beaver!!
2 Likes

Maybe this troop could direct skull damage to a troop not at the top?
Call it ‘blow hole’ Put them in a bubble and all skull damage is directed to that troop. It works similar to the deathmark. 10%to cleanse each turn, for a Max of 8 turns.

1 Like

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

Art is not mine. (credits goes to the original designer on Deviant Art : undead shark warrior by nigelhimself on DeviantArt )

The rough idea is a Shark Knight (unlike other merfolks that look like Shark Rogues/Pirate).
Of course, this image doesn’t feature any “Mech” aspect.
So the idea is to have something a bit like that, but with cyborg aspects.

The creature would be the creation of a mad scientist that would’ve fled the academy of Adana and made profits by crafting Mechanized mercenaries out of the dying corpse of Merfolks, and various chemicals / iron scraps he would buy on BlackHawk’s black market.

Since there is no “Flavor text” phase in this “Design a troop” topic, his would be
“Sharknado’s producers are now jealous of Gems of War’s cast”

1 Like

That’s a great idea…,Orcas are smart and cunning. And dangerous. I like the idea of skull damage to the bottom troop.

1 Like

Being from Oregon and actually living in a suburb of Portland called Bdeaverton, I whole-heartedly back the idea of a beavermech.

There’s an energy drink in Canada called beaver buzz. Maybe that could be the name of its spell.

IMG_2547

(Again not my imagine just using it as an example)

2 Likes

Lets see… I had an idea about a goldfish merman in a vicious shark mech.
BUT I’m gonna go with SOME kind of smart little merfolk (goldfish, clownfish, octopus… clam?) who is piloting a Crab Tank Mech instead.
Shark Mech seems too… complicated for the rogues of Blackhawk… but a giant scuttling Hermit Crab-like Tank with artillery out the wazoo, made from scrap ship parts, cannons, and barnacles seems to be more their pace.
YA KNOW?!
LIKE HUGE HERMIT FROM METAL SLUG 3! Only with you know… less giant crab and more wood and ropes.

2 Likes

Ducks own Oregon not Beavers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If anyone wishes to vote and browse through all the “visual” suggestions, take a look starting from here:

1 Like

Not last year!

Second round voting time us upon us! Design-a-Troop (WEEK TWO: Theme & Visual Style)

Love this,Awesome Design.

So, is there going to be an announcement of the winner? As someone who finished #1 in voting twice and #2 once, I’m going to guess I won this, but I haven’t paid attention to other people’s finishing so I can’t be sure.

@Saltypatra