Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

thanks i will keep it in mind if my Dementicore 3 dogs strategy will fail. I try it with 166 and 50#5 so should be the same as 199 and 25%

Good luck :smiley:

just see u play also on xbox: =)

1 Like

Depends on how many Sacred Treasures and other high rarity treasures you stocked up. To give you an idea, here are some examples using TimeKnight’s sheet. From Hoard level 100 to 199 with:

• 30 Sacred Treasures = 896K
  • 40 Genie Lamps, 10 Sacred Treasures = 1.5M
  • 50 Genie Lamps, 5 Sacred Treasures = 1.65M
  • 75 King’s Crowns, 20 Genie Lamps, 5 Sacred Treasures = 2.85M

Hopefully you have a bunch stockpiled since you haven’t had to go above 100 before.

2 Likes

I know the 199 Hoard is Idle’s lucky number when it comes to delves, but personally, I side with @Fleg on the 200 round number. The point difference in life/armor isn’t as noticeable to me as that glaring 199. And with all the pet bonus factors, +life/armor buffs aren’t equal anyway.

Do you think the karma would be lost in future delves if I finish the delve at 199, and raise to 200 after? It would give a use to all those sacks of coins, perhaps. And I’m trying to avoid generating more bad karma. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve got 36 ST and 75 Genies so it’s doable if I grind a bit more gold. This is one faction I really don’t ever want to see again after this weekend but it will be a shame to go above 100. But needs must so I will bite the bullet. Thanks for the tips @everyone and nice job in advance for getting it done.

2 Likes

Reporting in from the level 500 trenches. This is an absolute nightmare.

33% of the time: get a mediocre effect
66% of the time: feel disappointment

I firmly believe this was never playtested above level 100. I mean, eventually you’ll get lucky and just win. It’s just designed to constantly cause frustration along the way.

4 Likes

Beat Delve 500, 199 hoard, 50% faction bonus, 5 Tier 7s. (4 Tier 7s took me to 480, go figure.) Took 4 tries. What a terrible faction team

The problem? Surviving any of the 3rd battles.

My first 3 goes:

wraith, dark troll, spectral knight, keeper of souls
glaycion, frost lizard, ice wraith, ice troll
fangblade, lamia, lamia, naga queen
wall of bones, green slime, bone dragon, wight

coral golem, sea troll, merlion, leviathan
dwarven gate, lord ironbeard, apothecary, lady ironbeard
flesh golem, werewolf, hellcat, draakulis
gorbil, gorbil, plague rat, hex rat

coral golem, sea troll, merlion, leviathan
gorbil, gorbil, plague rat, hex rat
pyggra, pyggra, lord ember, sheggra
morterra, necrezza,grave seer, medea

1st try, tried Keeper of Souls . Killed the first 3, Keeper of Souls got a kill on me, spawned Wight. Wight slaughtered me.

2nd try, tried Draakulis. lol. Nope. Not even close.

3rd try, tried Sheggra. Nope. Too many attack points to steal away, AI got Sheggra going despite best efforts.

4th try, tried Dark Monolith, Dwarven Gate, Anubite, Ancient Golem. That team is normally is easy, but not this time.

Dwarven Gate was constantly providing barrier and mana to Anubite and Ancient Golem. Anubite kept putting up a useless 50 atk Fortress Gate and removing all skulls against a team with no consistent offense. Ancient Golem was unable to be silenced. and Lyra’s Madness Storm was feeding Dwarven Gate and Ancient Golem. It was just terrible.

I lost my first 2 Dementicores in this battle. I managed to get lucky and get a chain of Lyra casts and skull attacks that finally punched through before Ancient Golem could finish me off.

You know how bad the 3rd room was?

I went into the 4th room with only one Dementicore and Lyrasza and still won.

So observations:

1. Don’t fight a legendary room if you can help it. It has too much attack to steal away safely.

2. Most of the epic rooms are also terrible.

3. In the boss room, when the enemy Dementicore dies, Panda Express is completely unblocked on both Blue and Purple. Cross your fingers the AI doesn’t cast for damage that much.

Team was still:

Dementicore
Dementicore
Dementicore
Lyrasza
Frozen Banner (+2Bl, +P, -R)

Looks like I needed my 3rd Dementicore, but I also wonder if it would have played out differently if I had a 2nd Lyra vs Dwarven Gate’s constant barrier. In that case, Tydda’s team above would be nice.

I still don’t think Troll is needed.
I still don’t like Chaos Hound even if it could have been useful in the 3rd fight. It would have been useless in the boss room. Maybe just PTSD trying it at 300.

13 Likes

Did it with

Dementicore
Dementicore
Chaos Hound
Lyrasza
Unicorn Banner

Hoard Level 201, Kingdom Bonus 50%, Tier VII x 5

Might work with less stats, but I wanted to be done with this ordeal. Focused on mana for Dementicores, always cast on enemy with most mana. Lyrasza for Mana Generation, when nothing usefull to match. Chaos Hound for backup.

Good luck, may your sufferings be short!

3 Likes

Well done @all. I tried normal delve 200 at horde 100 and in a similar fashion to @TheIdleOne got pummelled in the middle rooms. I can see no possible hope of victory outside of the event because even if you maxed horde level to 500, the middle rooms will be very hard to navigate because there is way too much luck required by a team that does not dish out any where near enough ‘non skull’ damage and that’s if you are lucky enough to steal attack. I am currently at L240 with 5 tier 7 and smashing things to bits with mang very quickly. I am gonna hold out going for lucky level 199 for now and keep doing every fight and see whats what at 500 boss room. I really want to see if lower level horde ie 100 for starters can even figure as a successful team. I definitely doubt that but it’s worth a shot lol.

I used (under faction banner)

Dementicore
Dementicore
Crazed Troll
Lyrasza

202 hoard, 50% bonus, Tier VII x4

Succeeded on second try (with no troops lost, surprisingly) going through Tomb Spider/Cocoon/Cocoon/Giant Spider and Gluttony/Sacrificial Priest/Dokkalfar/Medea rooms.

Important key to victory surely is Dementicore getting lucky with attack steal; once you’ve built up a little you should, as @anon88626343 suggests, use Dementicores on enemies with most mana.
I cast Lyrasza whenever full and Troll when didn’t see a better move to make.

I had prepared myself for quite a frustration, but RNGesus was merciful today - both Sunken Fleet and City of Thieves trolled me a lot more.

Still, the only positive thing to say about this faction is - the general layout is fine and offers quite a flexibility to your path…otherwise - thank goodness I was lucky and will never have to see the faction ever again.

Oh, my potionless effort was level 200 (also on the second try) - okay with, in essence, 300 true hoard, but tackling level 500 with that?

3 Likes

I died in final room twice last night with only lyraza left … today finished in first try … 3xdementicore, lyraza … slow but eventually effective

1 Like

For those still working on it, I used the above strategy of 3xDementicore and Lyrasza. Steal some attack and try to silence or mana drain threats. The Sheggra room is gold if you get it, since all they have is skull damage, which you can neutralize. Hoard 150, zero kingdom bonus, eight final tier purchases.

2 Likes

I wanted to clarify – was this 3x Dementicore or 3x Chaos Hound?

Tried 300 at horde 100 but 3 defeats. Worst luck streak is 12 Dementicore casts without stealing ANY attack.

1 Like

True Hoard: 205
5 Tier VII
Medals: Cedric, 2x Nysha

4 Likes

6 tries in and haven’t even made it close to beating the 3rd room. :roll_eyes:

EDIT: Holy crap, RNG was on my side for once. I’m at the boss battle with all 4 troops intact. I faced the Spinnerette / Tomb Spider / Giant Spider /Dokkalfar room then Fangblade / Naga Queen / Viper / Venoxia. Boss room was comparatively easy.

1 Like

Try to go to the mushroom’s room. With some of my units turned into mushrooms men, i won the pure 500. Spam to turn ennemies into mushroom’s. AI can’t play this type of unit.

8 Likes

That is an excellent strategy. Thanks. Well played. :blush::+1:

Edit: Dementicore and Hound are immune to disease, and my Lyr…Panda wasn’t targetted. I didn’t find a Fungi to vs yet.

I found a Witches’ Coven at Faction 160. Unfortunately, Night Hag changed Dementicore number 2 into a Giant Toad. Next Room was Volcanic Shaft. 8 times Dementicore number 1 cast, and either silenced enemy or drained mana. NO attack stolen. Toad pulled Sheggra to front and it died, but Lord Ember killed first two troops before falling to a summoned Chaos Hound.

Entered final room with Hound, empty slot, Hound and Panda. And won. (Troll died to deathmark, plus a lot more luck.) Ridiculous luck.

I wanted her to die by Deathmark as well, but the board became risky. And then some more Luck. :poop: faction, for both sides tho. But everybody already knows that.

300 is gonna be fun. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Its a great strategy. Recently, im trying to figure where to use Giant Toad, Mushroom Man and/or Giant Toadstool.

1 Like