Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Thanks! :slight_smile:

iI did stone song with 150 hoard… crypt keeper with 200. I’d go for those. But now I’m going to try the rift myself.

2 Likes

Presuming I have all faction troops at mythic x4, is there no difference at all between the factions as I open chaos portals in search of more treasure? I can’t think of a difference, but maybe there’s something I haven’t considered.

1 Like

Yay, first try today. Was extremely lucky this time, with the Alderfather summoning Treants. Hoard Level 150/25% bonus skills. 1 Anu, 2 Aranaea medals selected.

9 Likes

Do you think this would have been easier with Medals of Cedric equipped? 8 attack isn’t that much compared against your existing stats from hoard and kingdom bonus. Potentially quadrupling your cleanse rate seems extremely useful when the AI can entangle your first troop almost at will.

2 Likes

Not much of a difference I think. Cedric medals is good, but they never seems to do me a favour when I have had them selected.

1 Like

Personally when doing this one before the faction bonuses, there were two issues.

Plain Bad luck - with too many green golems and no treants soon enough.

Treant being entangled all the time from AI Green Golem or Alderfather.

I’d suggest Cedrics are a win-win in it now, any time that entangle wears off, you can boost the attack with casts, if it’s entangled it won’t boost the attack. Same with Dark Dryad casting on it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Was this a pure struggle, or? Which team did you go with? I see someone managed it with just 100 hoard as well, jzg or what hes called.

If someone needs help on sunken fleet. Just see some tips here.

1 Like

It wasn’t that bad at all…I was quite surprised. It took me 3 sigils a day for 3-4 days before I got it. I came very close a few times too. You have to get lucky killing their strong guys with your blue-brown troop. I don’t remember my team… It was suggested much earlier in this thread. I will check if I get online later tonight and let you know when I can.

Okay, I looked back at it. My Kingdom is a 14 and my hoard is actually 175. I used the Harpy Banner–> Harpy, Harpy Mage, Bladewing, Xochi. If blade wing or Sochi die, your kinda SOL.

1 Like

What was your Necropolis Team?

Bone Golem
Draugr
Vanya
Vanya
(Silver Banner)

As I have continued working on the Delve Super Guides, I have realized that the forum format makes continued development a hassle.

As a result, I am working on making a Delve Super Guide Google Doc. Here, the guides can be better organized (with graphics and a table of contents!), always kept up-to-date (no more editing old forum posts buried deep in a long thread!), and can be even more thorough (probably too thorough). Additionally, this provides increased transparency, and the submission of community feedback through comments.

EDIT: Check that out here! As of writing the guide now includes writeups for Amanithrax and Silver Necropolis, with more to come.

20 Likes

I don’t know if this has been confirmed elsewhere or if it will help anyone, but I beat Pure Faction Mirrored Halls with very minimal effort. Definitely on my list of factions to recommend to players just looking to max one with minimal investment—all this faction takes is time and patience in my experience, but victory is assured if you don’t quit the match.

The basic strategy is:

Copycat
Mirror Queen
Copycat
Mirror Queen

Maintain that order with your own summons, sacrifice anyone you see is about to die so that you don’t have 3 injured troops at once (thus making you vulnerable to skull cascades), and cast your Mirror Queens against the opponent’s reflect-makers. If you’re the only one who can make reflects, you simply win by attrition.

Be sure to always try to kill their strongest copycats first, so what the remaining troops summon are ever weaker as time goes on. Be sure to keep this weakening in mind for yourself, too :+1:

No video taken because I was honestly surprised to win so easily. Plus, the video would have been like an hour long :laughing:

9 Likes

Mirrored halls … keep resetting until you get a fenrir room. Win.

Starting my guide for Mirrored Halls next as it seems people have been having success with it.

There’s the strategy @Magnusimus cites above with two Copycats, as well as one which utilizes Doppelganger and Glass Golem. Improved durability at the start and the ability to copy an enemy unit in the second room. You also get a big stat bonus for having 4 unique troops.

There’s also a mix of both, Copy/Doppel/Copy/Queen. That’s good if there’s something you like in Room 2, if not you can swap Doppel out before starting.

Which strategy is ideal? It seems like Magnusimus didn’t even focus on the idea of copying enemy troops, which several other players have said was central to their wins.

2 Likes

That’s correct @EliteMasterEric.

Got tired of waiting for a good middle room to show up, so I decided to just try summon-spamming my way to victory.

Figure if I could do it, anyone can, as my endgame stats are small compared to most (still missing many mythics, limiting my kingdom power and bonus stats) :joy:

I did forget to mention my three global medals were Gaard. I do that to make my Rowanne team faster—forgot to change them to Yasmine’s prior to the delve (is there even a middle room that inflicts true damage? If not, no benefit), but I guess it didn’t matter.

3 Likes

Me so much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:.

2 Likes

I tried 9 times Feyrie faction with all faction team level 500, but the 5% Harpy summon trait for CPU is closer to 50%. So I decided to move on and not look back.