Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

@ChunkyMono and @covertmuffin123 thanks. Those were the tactics I landed on for ASE, I was using double watch mother but realized that probably was not optimal unless you had an AOE in 2nd room, basically my hoard was too low. I was dying on the first skull hit in the final room. I raised my hoard to around 170 and got my faction team win! The AI is strange for that team, holding full troops when it shouldn’t but I won’t complain! Now not sure which one is next. Thanks again, I will post a pic soon of delve.

Assuming your invite code is onthecan, out of the remaining factions that you havent completed, stonesong is the most feasible one. I did it with hoard level 151 and 50% hoard bonus

Being lazy here – would it be possible to upgrade Watch Mother enough with medals that she escapes being hit by the enemy Ocularen?

Since Watch Mother heals everyone else while resummoning, its pretty hard to avoid swapping the bullseye on to it eventually. If your top troop is taken out by skulls before any real damage touches the second weakest, you end up creating a situation where top slot and Watch Mother are now the 2 weakest on the team.

@noob yes that is my invite code and ingame name, thanks for checking and Stonesong will be my next target, thanks for noting the 50% bonus I will check for that.

@Jonathan I did that, upgrade my Watch Mother to gold, but eventually one would get hit so I found it better to try and attack. In the 2nd room many have direct target troops (wolf pack, dwarfs etc) and you only need 1 watch mother if you can get get some luck. Also the Oculaurn in the last room would loop so having one of those on your team is helpful to try and cast yours before the other side cast theirs.

Thanks again for the help and ideas.

Hall of Guardians done for all faction team level 500.
On my 12th run or so with hoard level 150 and Kingdom to level 14. A ton of luck was needed, especially in last battle.

The team I used was:

10 Likes

I was able to finish Amanithrax today, two weeks after finishing Silver Necropolis. Not all delve attempts in the two week period were done in Amanithrax. Maybe only 5? Most were done in Mirrored Halls to farm gold/shards for the upcoming delve, and 8-9 were done in the Warrens to finally survive that one at 500(non-faction team, previous best Survived was 450, faction team is 120).

I’ve been scrolling back thru the Warrens to the release of Dark Pits, basically from post 860 thru 1160. With the Delve cycle about to restart with ASE, I will get a chance to use potions again on some of the harder delves. Hopefully I won’t have to spend as much gold as on non-potion attempts. I have no more Sacred Treasures and Lamps. To upgrade Amanithrax to 130 with Crowns, it cost 129k, and 133k to get it to 134. At this point, I’d rather spend the gems in a single day, if my schedule allows it.

I’ll repost @TheIdleOne successful Warrens run for anyone also interested in doing the Warrens/FangMoor/DarkPits. They were all released pretty much in order, and all are a pain, even with potions.

Thank you Sir for sharing your teams and strategies. And good luck to all in Delving.

3 Likes

For mirrored halls during the release event, I beat lvl 500 with a horde of 100 using

Glass golem
Mirror queen
Doppelganger
Doppelganger
Faction banner.

I didn’t cast Doppelganger until room 2, copying their most potent troops. Luckily the 1st fight was as weak as usual and at the 2nd attempt I beat the final room with all troops still in play. I’ve not tried it in standard non potion delves but within the event it went well. Can’t remember the 2nd fight but I think it had dark monolith which I doppelled. Big damage output when tickled by the opposition.

1 Like

@Meesh
Thanks for your help - got it done, but bumped Hoard to 320 as I could not find the last two nysha tokens I need upgrade a second medal, nor find the pets to get the bonuses you had (and I didn’t want to use medals on Sea Witch). Given it was one of my last two pure factions to complete I didnt mind burning mythic treasures but it was expensive!
I just wish there was some sort of badge or award for Pure Faction runs without potions. Oh well, its done now

Now just Fang Moor - And no thanks… I think its just potions all the way from now on

5 Likes

Congrats! I have 4 Pures left including Fang Moor and none look pleasant without potions.

StoneSong Done, no potions Fraction team, Hoard level is 151. I was getting killed by the final room and got some luck which is really what this seems to be all about with summons. My final room is here but good choice of 2nd rooms to get to final room is nice. I think the rest might need to be done with potions. Sunken Fleet, Fang Moor, Warrens, Sea of Sorrow& Dark Pits (ugh)

6 Likes

Well done. Seems like a crazy ton of luck is needed in StoneSong, especially using Harpy’s explosions, so very often it gives no extra turns and set up skulls ready for the CPU.

Did you have the 50 % stats boost from the Kingdom’s level 14?

Nice one!
A bit of luck is a small reward for the amount of time and effort that is often needed when using a pure faction team
By the way Sea of Sorrows can be done without potions - but my advice is just don’t!!!

@Eika no just 25% if I got desperate I would have went for 50 but only spent a few weeks trying for this one, again lot of luck!

Thanks for the information, and well done! I personally, I think I will just skip this StoneSong. I did well in some of the factions, but I have really not gotten time to continue with this as it’s a lot of time put in and a lot of downs coming with it…and the rewards is minimal too.

For Frostfire Keep, I’m going to use the same team I used for Mirrored Halls.

[1221,6320,6320,6632,3010,1,2,2,1,2,1,0,14019]

2 Likes

Here the pure faction team I used for 100 and 200 without potions:

Frostfire Wraith
Frostfire Witch
The Frostfire King
The Frostfire King

Worked fine for me.

What did you use guys?

I mirrored the final battle for 100 & 200 without potions.

Wraith / 2x King / Troll for 100 w/o potions. That’s as far as I got so far, I expect to use same for 200

I used wraith/troll/king/king for level 500, 7ish power potions. I was doing 103x2 splash damage per cast.

Lost my first run, won the second with just the two kings alive. Make sure you don’t path through the room that gives enemies freeze immunity.

I cast wraith a few times when there was nothing good to do on the board; it really helps you survive their wraith’s lifesteal. You need to get kind of lucky and DPS their wraith down with your random splash damage before its health gets out of control.

Your troll can lose you the run, but if it goes off it can speed the battle up by several turns. I think it’s worth it, especially if you’re keeping their whole team frozen.

5 Likes