ASE released in September 2018.

Ocularen Leech
Ocularen
Xerodar
Watch Mother
Ocularen Banner

can be done without potions

3 Likes

I think my strategy at the moment is “expletive that”…

4 Likes

I looked up @TheIdleOne 's old posts about clearing All-seeing eye faction team without potions, in case anyone is interested here are the links :slightly_smiling_face:

Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips - #758 by TheIdleOne

3 Likes

Any ideas/experiencefor faction only team for city of thieves?

I’m thinking Cat Burglar is the odd one out. King boosts stats potentially a lot, and the other two generate skulls and purple in pretty silly quantities. Strategy might be to have King in front and a combination of three copies of the two generators… maybe two Tomb Robbers since casting Street Thief twice in succession won’t do much. OR have Cat Burglar as the lowest priority at the very back just soaking up green.

Though I haven’t played with them yet. So I may be 100% wrong.

Oh and if the map has Cedric on it, you basically win. Moneybags for everyone in this faction?

3 Likes

You’re right about Cat Burglar. She might have been useful if her skill gained the 20 gold without having to kill an enemy first. Tomb Robber I am not sure about in a high level faction vs faction battle. Seems too risky. None of the troops have any innate skull reduction.

I just beat a lv200 City of Thieves faction vs faction battle with no potions and I honestly don’t think I could have done it without the Moneybags bonus (team was King, King, Street Thief, Tomb Robber). King’s stat gain isn’t that high without Moneybags. 500 is definitely out of the question without potions.

Delves is by far the worst feature ever introduced to this game. Obviously the devs do not adequately test the higher levels to see how they can be successfully defeated WITHOUT pissing off every gems of war player. How much free time does a GOW player have? They best be unemployed or retired if they want to finish the delves and/or play any other video games in their library. It sucks…

They say delve suppose to be a lengthy endeavor, yet designed it so that the best time to finish it would be 72h right after they are introduced

2 Likes

Any new ideas for the 500 faction team sin city of thieves?

Got constntly beaten at 350 with my faction only team

First off, only do faction teams at multiples of 100. If you can get to level 500 with a non-faction team, then you can earn the 2,000 Renown available that way. That leaves 500 Renown to max out a faction, and you only get rewards every 100 points. (You can further skip level 400, since the pets you earn for 2400 Renown don’t bump you up a rarity tier.)

As for how to beat level 500 with a faction team, it looks like getting Cedric’s Hideaway is going to be critical. Other alternatives include :gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem::gem: for the Potions of Power or :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: (gold, not actual money) upgrading your Hoard.

2 Likes

I dont know is this what the devs intention was or not, but having to rely on a single room to have a chance of finishing an event is kind of an oversight

Its a pretty unique design though, certainly interesting. Maybe not “good” interesting …?

1 Like

With a lot delves I know the basics the question was more team related for city of thieves as for me it looks all troops scale very bad.
I tried
king king tomb robber thief
king king 2 tomb robbers
king king robber cat burglar

All teams fail (level 350)at the tier 5 conistantly at the tier 5 in front of the end room.

6 potions of might hoard level 150

Okay I take it back, its a damn annoying design. Just went through … I lost track. LOTS of times where I didn’t have access to Cedric. And the times I did have Cedric, I managed to lose. Faction can stay on 200, I don’t care.

Same, not for me, bought 6 tiers and that was enough, renown could stay at 2300

8 Tier 7s and Hoard 199, beat it with:

King of Thieves
Cat Burglar
Street Thief
King of Thieves
Abyssal Banner

No Cedric room at any point during my faction attempts… couldn’t find them.

I either spammed Cat Burglar if I needed damage or the 1st King of Thieves if I wanted to target a troop (or both). Last room, I spammed as much Cat Burglar as possible to get rid of their Cat Burglar, and casted my first King of Thieves on their Tomb Robber.

Had a choice of either Glaycion, Frost Lizard, Ice Wraith, Ice Troll or Glaycion, Winter Wolf, Ice Troll, Snow Guardian. I took the Frost Lizard one.

Funny enough, I dropped their Tomb Robber, Cat Burglar, and Street Thief down to one hit range before it looked like their Tomb Robber was going to destroy me. It miscasted at 14 skulls, like I always seemed to do.

I kinda left their King of Thieves alone, unless a skull match showed up (which then I took). When I hit it with a skull, their team gain gold and I just stole it with Street Thief when the time was right.

Cast Street Thief if they ever have gold and their Tomb Robber is full.

Tiers are higher than I like because I had to do the quickest route from like 310 onwards. I’m low on time to actually play out all delves. I probably needed the extra tiers damage boost as well…

Before anyone hates on Cat Burglar:

Cat Burglar does 3 less damage than King of Thieves, but hits 2 targets. King of Thieves only gains 20 magic per cast, meaning you need to cast it quite a few times before it equals the damage output Cat Burglar outputs.

King of Thieves needs 16 mana to fill where as Cat Burglar is 11 mana. Its easier to spam it.

Cat Burglar also takes Green Mana, which nothing else on the team needs and incase the board sucks and has lots of Greens. I’ve seen it enough that tossing CB on the team was a great idea.

Why no Tomb Robber? … 14 skulls backfired on me so many times. Even my 12 skull creating Zuul’Goth is more faithful.

4 Likes

t7 10 times, king, tomb robber, tomb robber, thief.

way more luck than anything else. legendary room was chessboard.

Got faction 500 on last sigil from 11 tier 7 purchases using TheIdleOne’s team. Took the Ysabelle, King Highforge room for second battle!! So glad its over, lost count how often I nearly threw my controller through tv with stupid cascades for ai

Bought Tier 7 x 12 times. Hoard Level 100.
Used King, King, Cat, Thief. Also did the Cedric room before the Coral Golem (legendary) room. It helped a lot in the boss room because I was left with a single King.