Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Thanks for sharing, and congrats! Out of curiosity, did you have to do full clears all the way through to have enough sigils to reach 500 with several attempts, or were the multiple tier 7s enough to skip directly to the boss room?

I full cleared it minus one attempt at 300 with the faction team. You’d have to spend a tier or two more to skip directly to the boss room, since you’d only get 5 rooms per run for birds

1 Like

Nothing positive to say about Fang Moor. Its just luck. Beat it with 6 Tier 7 (and Hoard 199)

1st try, I tested Setauri. Its worthless. At best, it makes 14 skulls which is good. Once you kill one, it drops it to 12… then 10 then 8… and that’s if you get bleeds. If they have Impervious (Ancient Golem), that fast tracks it to be really useless.

Actually got to the boss room on my 2nd try which would have kept it at 5 Tier 7, but the AI decided to skull cascade me. Then it followed me the next 2 runs, which included getting skulled after every move in that 4th run.

I wish these skull cascades would seriously stop existing, even if its artificially induced so the AI isn’t getting a skull match multiple turns in a row.

Each time I beat a room, it felt like I was flipping a coin whether the AI would cascade a troop to death or if I could get by just fine.

Ended up using:

Chief Dargon, Chief Dargon, Shaman of Set, Horned Asp (Ocularen Banner)

Despite not having any +Red on the banner, I never had any problems filling troops super quickly.

The 2nd Chief Dargon didn’t do too much, just existing to be a backup in the boss room. A second source of Red gem bleed, occasional extra turn from board formation. It usually stayed full otherwise.

I guess you can try a second Horned Asp, but I was only casting for 96 damage splash. Eh… I guess if you want to spam cast that, then go ahead? Could work too. I prefer the 2nd Chief Dargon security for the last room? shrug

I was saved by every single potion, even the regen 3 hp per turn and blessed. I can’t imagine this faction without this stuff.

More annoyed then excited that its done. Oh well, one more faction to go.

PS. Setauri exists only to be on the AI team and to piss you off. Doesn’t do much besides that.

9 Likes

If I might ask a few questions. What team(s) did you use to get to 500? How long did it take? Did you do full delves the entire way?

Thanks for your posts.

Did you do full delves the entire way?

I do, except when I’m testing the faction team on 300 (with potions) or faction run on 500 (with potions)

How long did it take?

Depends on how lazy I get, I’d say about 5-6 hours for a full clear?

What team(s) did you use to get to 500?

Well, I can’t really mention it openly for one more week. I’ll PM you.

1 Like

Guess I can enjoy that for a few days.

Stupid annoying delve. If I wasn’t getting bombarded by skulls yet again (what’s with the game flooding me with skulls only during Faction events?..), I would have won relatively easily.

I had to go around with the 4 room route since the Legendary room was typically suicide.

I ended up using Hex Rat, Hex Rat, Plague Rat, Hex Rat (Slayer Banner). So many skulls showed up that cursing on a skull hit seemed ideal. Didn’t bother to try Sledgepaw upfront, was never happy with it upfront in my test runs without potions. I usually held my 2nd and 3rd Hex Rat cast until the board was out of Brown and Purple or if the enemy was cursed on a skull hit and the 1st Hex Rat wasn’t full, then I’d cast one of the spare Hex Rats to apply the Death Mark, or if I just needed something to really die while cursed.

There might be a better team composition though.

11 Likes

What does everyone think for the Sunken Fleet’s faction team?

Sunken Fleet Troops

My initial analysis:

• Crab Man stinks, its spell is awful, not even the damage reduction is useful. I sentence him to be boiled in Pepsi!
  • You want at least one Maraj Queen somewhere, maybe the front due to the Barkskin. The Lord effect for the entire team is excellent, and the Curse is good to deal with Deathmark-immune troops. I don’t know how I feel about the Doomed Club effect.
  • I can’t tell if Drowned Sailor is a red herring or not. It’s a percent chance to have a percent chance to kill something, but the rest of the team has no way to buff attack. Would Doomskulls really be enough?
  • Water Elemental’s Water Link and team-wide Stun seem helpful, but I’m not too sure if there’s a place in the team. Maybe the AoE damage is viable if you’re going all-in on Potions?

Crab Man used to switch enemies. That was a nightmare. Now, I’m glad it exists to power down the enemy faction team.

Drowned Soldier will annoy people running the delve. It will cast from the empowered and eventually kill things (like Salty’s troops on stream) with Death Mark. I guess that’s what the Blessed Potion is for.

Water Elemental > Tian Yi. Shrug. With potions, you’ll want to use one to be the main damage dealer. Without potions, you probably won’t want to.

Maraji Queen will be tough to use, but Xerodar had its uses, so Maraji Queen can see use.

The Stonesong Eyrie is going to be a terrible faction though without any skull reduction or agile…

Maraj Queen reduces by 33%, but that doesn’t help too much…

Maraji Queen is extremely powerful, we’re going to see that thing everywhere. Probably because they’re usually dual-type, but we seem to forget: there are a ton of very strong elementals in the game.

As for the delve itself … Drowned Sailor irks me a bit. An empowered transformer with RNG deathmarks sucks to have to vs, aaaaaand undoubtedly high-level faction teams will have to hinge on lucking out with that (and them not lucking out with it). Can’t see the Crab being used, especially since the transformer (on both sides!) is taking away its yellow mana. And because it sucks, of course. The Water Elemental’s stun will be quite useful in faction-vs-faction because of all the defensive traits that we’d rather they didn’t have access to.

For doubling up on another troop… the Queen is significantly stronger but for having a second copy we might want to use the link trait on Water Elemental.

1 Like

I wholly agree with you on this point; we have Infernus, Obsidius, Phoenicia, and The Wild Queen, and 15 other Legendaries, just to name a few.

For the Faction Team, I’m thinking:

• Sunken Banner (+2 Blue/+1 Red/-1 Green)
  • The Maraj Queen
  • Water Elemental
  • Water Elemental
  • Drowned Sailor

Gets you that 7 Blue mana on 3-matches alone, pretty sweet.

1 Like

Used your faction team and beat Sunken Fleet level 150. In normal delve that is, not the faction event with potions. Must have had boatload of luck with me today.

Lost one water elemental on 1st battle. And finished with only Drowned Sailor and lucky skull.

Thanks for the team!

If you cut it that close at 150…

I don’t know, it doesn’t look like it scales well to higher floors.

I’m not one to talk though, just started my delve stuff for this faction

Most insane delve ever.
I was going to do a faction run but the four Vs and two IVs tempted me to do a full clear with a proper team.

The rooms, in the order I finished them, are as follows:

I: Broken Barge
V: Murky Deep
II: Fox’s Den
IV: The Iron Gate
IV: Viper Nest
V: Drowned Grotto
V: Volcanic Shaft
V: Dark King’s Hoard
VI: Maraji Queen

But there were, ah, complications.

In the second room, Leviathan swapped my hero, which was Plaguelord with Yasmine’s Pride (and barrier-on-brown) to the back and died before I could cycle it to the front again. So I had to tread very lightly for the other seven fights.

Things were going well. I had all my troops left when I reached the boss room. Then I lost two troops immediately to skulls. From here it was RNG… because I had The Possessed King.

I managed to transform the Water Elemental into a much smaller Glutmaw and got something like 600 life on my hero and TPK via Yasmine’s, killed their top two troops with skulls. Then Glutmaw devours my 600 life hero. 200 life TPK turns it into Death with 150~ and the Sailor into a Quasit, and kills them both.

For all that, I got 221 Chaos Shards and 20 Renown. No other resources! Boring!

3 Likes

Renown 2500 is now meaningless even though some have done it legit. Potions have wrecked all events and any skill factor that was previously relevant.

2 Likes

Well, you can still post a 56k or 57k GW score to show off “skill”, oh wait, from what i can read on Rope dart topic that wont happen, look like GW is all about “luck” now while the old way to do delve 500 faction was all about “skill” (hahahahahaha skilled at using Morana, ok…).

Hello,

I bite on the faction only team on L500 for sunken city.
What you think is the pefect team to beat this?
I surly have the whole faction team at 20 and full traited. I already failed now >15 times on it

Some ppls used x2 elementals, maraj queen and drowned sailor, some others with queen, elemental, queen , sailor.

When i did 400 had Queen, x2 elementals and sailor but for 500 think am gonna use the second of the above ones.

Depend much also on how many power potions you got (and seen you’re at lvl 500 already for sure you got some).

I beat silver necropolis with tier 7 x 6 and hoard level 161.

So far I’m on tier 7 x 13 and hoard level 157 and I can’t win with this stupid faction. Doomskulls backfire with the higher AI attack, or they submerge to avoid water elemental. I’ve had 5 hours of frustration at level 500. I’m probably missing something obvious.

I’ve been trying crab/drowned sailer/water elemental x 2 (banner +2 blue +1 brown -1 yellow)

Yes, you are. Crab Man is bad and not scaling well. On the other hand, The Maraji Queen is good and you don’t use her.