Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

I’m actually working on Fang Moor with 199 Hoard Level. Mirrored Halls is at 100 and Lyrasza’s Lair is at 104. The reason I’m working on Fang Moor is that it has the most rooms to the boss (4 rooms), whereas Lyrasza’s Lair has 3 and Mirrored Halls only has 2. This is important for Delve Tuesdays, because if I want to simply throw gems at either of these last two delves and power through to 500, it’s far easier to do that with a short distance to the boss. Fang Moor would take much more time to get to 500.

2 Likes

To win any delve invest in gems , heavily in gems, nothing in this game that a gem invest wont resolve in your favour

I’ve just started trying for Depths of Sin pure faction 500. Currently at 125 True Hoard (100 + Level 12). I’ve thus far been thwarted by Shadowblade and Venbarak rooms. Having played around for these few tries, I think I’ll scout ahead and only attempt it if the middle room seems doable.

In the first room I was able to rush kill their first Ironjaw, and then let their Infernal Machine summon a much weaker one (first giving my own Ironjaw a little bit of health buff, just in case). This weaker one then mana blocked the 2nd Ironjaw, preventing it from building up lots of health, making the first battle just that little bit less obnoxious (having to slowly whittle down those 2 Ironjaws).

• This isn’t really to do with winning, just making the whole Pure Faction experience slightly more bearable, which I think is the real key to success here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I really wish we had unlimited Faction-only Delve runs, but just with no Delve Chest rewards (to prevent the possibility of unlimited low-level farming). They generally take long enough anyway that you can only fit so many into your day (and if they don’t, then your Hoard is a high enough level that having unlimited Faction-only runs isn’t going to ruin the game balance).

That is the best strategy no matter which pure faction team you are running. TDS Room is okay, unless both it and Egg spawn baby dragons, but I avoid Venbarek. And Shadowblade has ended numerous delves.

Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Finally :stuck_out_tongue: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Lol, must have done it same time :slight_smile:

Lyrasza’s Lair complete…

Such a nightmare RNG faction, and I think I may have earned it with some of the bad luck over past 3 weeks or so.

Hoard 270

Team was always 3 Dementicores and Lyrasza/Unicorn Banner.

Medals 2 Seasons/Anu

However, having failed at boss previous delve, (only had Lyrasza), I looked at the map and saw Bulette room. Decided to put a Chaos Hound in 3rd slot, to maybe see it end up in first slot, by being shifted, then use it when AI low on attack perhaps and get the death mark on skulls to work.

So, 2 Dementicores/Chaos Hound/Lyra

First room is easy, out of there no issue.

Next room was Dire Wolf/Cu Sith/Warg/Barghast

Not too bad a room, Cu Sith is annoying with Mana Shield and Agile, but made it through, losing top Dementicore.

Room 3 - Bulettes

Dementicore carried me a lot here, stripped all attack from Rock Troll, but got shifted 3 times so back to top. I managed to get to Rock Spirit with 47 health and 45 attack, and it killed it with the spell. Cast hound and killed Rock Spirit.

At this point I was going to quit. I actually paid no real attention, I think I summoned a 2nd Chaos Hound at the end vs the Bulette’s but anyway it was either 2 Hounds and Lyra or 1 Hound and Lyra to start…

So, no chance of winning, crash skulls/cast Lyra with abandon/cast Hound.

So I skulled down their Dementicore. Still no chance really as Lyra’s first cast was AOE, but summoned a Hound. Killed Crazed Troll with death mark on skulls, after trying not to reapply it, and their Hound summoned a chaffe Hound. At that point, I though okay, I can resist it’s skull hits, just try and get Hounds…

So get to here and switch video on :stuck_out_tongue:

Then kill the Hound with skulls and death mark Lyrasza and looking okay…

It evaded the death mark… It cast it’s AOE again and killed my Lyrasza, but I get to here…

Which before long got here, the skulls I cast back fired more than once…

and

1 left - potionless. Not even tried SoS yet factionwise, so hoard has to go up with Priest Chalice’s as got no shards or any othe treasures until next week… :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I also think this could be a good idea, but with a tweak to make it economy-feasible: level 500 runs cost no sigil to play if using a Pure Faction team.

Boom, done — no risk of people farming (probably—who wants to do level 500 runs over and over when it’s hard to have any reasonable rate of success/rewards, either because of time investment or failure rate or both?), and no limit to people who take delves seriously to try getting the win.

If anything, it would probably help the economy, as delve-diehards would probably spend a lot more time trying and a lot less time gold farming…

…and all the same might still be true even if 500s were free no matter the team used, but that I’m less sure about because chaos shards could be farmed with Mang and Shield of Urskaya, etc… at that point…

5 Likes

Thanks for the detailed breakdown Xolid. Kingdom level 14 as well?

I tried to resist going to 14, but sadly capitulated :slight_smile:

1 Like

No shame in that lol, probably less work than doing it the old-fashioned way (via hoard leveling). I only asked because I hadn’t heard of anyone doing Lyrasza’s with a hoard level less than 300.

Guildmate @Dust_Angel did Lair at 200 ish hoard. :grinning:
Other that and @Texugo-928 no one else has posted doing it without potions afaik.

I did find it a really poor faction though.

It should never have been released as it was, without at least one troop with a guaranteed damage cast.

Against any room with one source of strong damage it is tough, with 2, ridiculous and futile.

Most factions, even Werewoods has something to work with.

1 Like

Twice in a row on daily delves, with SoS faction troops that only do True Damage… your team generates both colours for Lady Ironbeard and blue for Dwarven Gate who barriers it and gives it 5 mana each time.

If ever there was a good reason for updating the amount of daily delves…

As it is, it’s one daily delve today for me, and in all fairness, I also had Dark Monolith that deals double damage if you hit it for true damage… So in reality, 3 daily delves down the drain.

I’d pay gems for a reshuffle even, for a punter’s chance. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

All factions (so far) complete without potions.

Highest I’ve done a faction 500 with potions is 310.

The final one, Sea of Sorrow. I did to 180 in a recent faction event to gain shards.

Hoard 210 - 50% bonus
1 Nysha/Anu/Seasons - final room 3 x Nysha
Sea of Sorrow Banner
Hammerclaw/Sea Witch/ 2 x Deep King

Team can be a little flexible, I did use 2 Sea Witch/Mershark/Deep King to get beyond things like 2 Lamia or try to get past Ironbeards, but vs the final room, you need that Hammerclaw I think. You certainly need damage.

Path:

First room no issue, just have to watch their Mersharks and cast your Witch on who they hit, and on Hammerclaw.

Room 2 - Remnant/Hag/Poison Master/Magnus

Pretty steady, Hag cast attack on itself twice, so just threw all Sea Witch on a full Hammerclaw and filled both Kings. Avoided skulls from Hag and Magnus with submerge. All intact at end.

Room 3 - Fangblade/Naga Queen/Viper/Venoxia

Pretty easy really, more or less ignore casting Sea Witch all time, waited to fill Kings, Viper hit Witch so casts thereafter on her with full Hammerclaw. Then enrage for Hammer and Kings whittled them down.

Final Room same principle but with more care. Didn’t really have any bad luck for once, no real good luck.

Sadly not many images, just near the final one.

I managed to avoid Mershark beating me solo, which is what happens in this room, as their Deep King is blocked a lot. So I have tried my own Mershark to compensate, but decided to go all in on magic and see if I could beat them to the punch.

Strategy, fill Hammerclaw and Witch as fast as possible, leave Claw full, unless you are unable to fill Witch. Cast Witch on Claw for the enrage, try and fill both Deep Kings. Watch for their Mershark filling very easily.

Generally it always gets to the point where you are using Sea Witch to heal what Mershark hits. This then comes undone as missed blue and brown matches from Sea Witch’s cast, leaves one Deep King cast to team wipe.

Today, I got 2 Deep Kings off, before Mershark cast. It hit my witch twice, and splash twice onto top Deep King.

Got to a point, where I had a couple of skull traps vs taking out their Mershark or casting Sea Witch to save a Deep King. Went for the cast, on the weaker Deep King. Removed one set of skulls but Mershark with 5 true life left, killed Sea Witch.

Took skulls, and left Hammer full. Filled both Kings, their Deep King cast but didn’t kill me, just had 27 or so life left. I was able to cast 2 Deep Kings in a row, killed their Deep King.

So Hammerclaw and 2 Deep Kings vs their Hammerclaw with enrage. It 1 shot my Hammerclaw with a skull, then did same vs 1 Deep King. Left me grabbing calculator as could take a skull or cast, skulls were enraged and just enough to kill it.

I will now be able to start generating shards and hopefully get ahead of the curve for future factions, or at least give myself a chance to gain shards and treasures in between faction runs.

I won’t be able to fully complete the Tinkertown troops next week, but by playing the faction, should get close at the end of the weekend.

Factions?

I think the worst faction is Lyrasza’s Lair, not that it perhaps isn’t the hardest, but because it is just funless. Similarly Fang Moor is funless/souless.

Hardest faction, I would say Frostfire Keep, and it is also an enjoyable/challenging faction, which gets my vote.

I think the devs should look at some of the rooms, such as the Spider/Cocoon room being on the path there in Lair. It took me 2 hours to get past it on one occasion, and it summoned 40+ spiders. For sure, leave the hard rooms, they will require potions, but those rooms on the magicless factions could be changed. Keep the difficulty - fine, but the time element is unrealistic.

Also, as said before, having an option on daily runs to /shuffle the delve for a gem cost, would be fine. I also think, adding an extra delve attempt temporarily on say vault weekends, 1:4 weekends would be something that shouldn’t effect the bottom line maybe, and really be nice for players. The gnome tracker was a great addition, it would be nice to accompany it with the extra delve etc (after all it would reduce farming time, so a win-win?)

Other option, kingdom level somewhere gives an additional daily delve. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

congrats on your delves

I’m not sure if I’m reading your comment correctly, but you actually have multiple path choices for Lyrasza’s Lair.

Main Room -> Rare/Ultra Rare/Ultra Rare -> Legendary/Epic/Legendary/Epic -> Boss Room

So, if spiders were a problem, you could fight one of the two other fights.

1 Like

Yes you could, I think my pathing combinations/options on that day were all not great, as the Tier IV/V rooms in the route pathways were all bad, except an easier Tier IV room accessible by the Spiders. A couple of the tier 3 rooms are tougher than almost anywhere else in Lair too, due to the random nature and slow casting. Cyclops room presents a problem for example. Ancient Golem with Impervious does too. Night Hag fills from your storm etc.

I know that the choices were all bad, but do regret doing that room. I failed on that run anyway :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Amazing job you did there!

1 Like

Today I had one of my best run attempts ever of Fang Moor pure faction @ hoard level 300. I made it to the boss room, but unfortunately things didn’t work out. I managed to get a nice set of casts off of Chief Dargon for pumping my attack up (needed for when he inevitably dies). My typical team composition is:

Here are my bonuses:

I use 3x Medal of Seasons for +12 Attack/Life/Armor, as there’s no reason for Magic – the extra life/armor/attack is much more useful and relevant given how you win. +12 Magic from Nysha would only increase the damage that Horned Asp does and increase how much Attack Chief Dargon gives, but 12 is a very small amount of Attack to gain, when you can already start with that much more just using different medals.

By far the hardest room you can get is one that gives enemies Entangle when they deal skull damage. If you get that, you’re pretty much toast and you won’t win. The Naga Charm room is also quite devastating, but not impossible, you just need to kill them before they get too many charms off. Let them cast their empowered charms before you use your first Chief Dargon cast.

Last, Setauri is an absolute trash troop, and almost always a trap. At minimum he creates 6 skulls, and at max he creates 14 skulls (2 for each bleeding enemy). Unless there is an ungodly amount of skulls already on board, like 12+, and you can create 14 more, you absolutely do not want to cast him unless you have no other options.

It will absolutely backfire, because more often than not, you set up skull matches for the enemy as much as for you, and you won’t survive them, especially in the boss room.

I’m planning to pump up the Hoard level even more this Friday once I get more Sacred Treasure and Genie’s Lamps. Unfortunately my coffers are getting pretty thin right now and it costs a fortune to upgrade.

In fact, to get to level 400, I would need to use 419 Priest’s Chalice and all 141 of my King’s Crowns at a cost of 38.8 million gold. If I wanted to only use King’s Crowns, I would need 351 of them and the cost would drop to 24.8 million.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to get to 400 anytime soon though. I would need 111 Genie’s Lamp and 15 Sacred Treasure at a cost of 8.7 million, assuming I can even get 15 Sacred Treasure on Friday. I might have to settle for significantly lower Hoard Level runs though…

4 Likes

It could be worse. :slight_smile: I have had 0 of the last three treasures for some time. I only got some by doing Tier V in the Tuesday run and leaving sigils spare.

I’ve probably used several hundred Priest Chalices as well in the past few months.

I also for a long time have had 0 shards on many occasions, after guild tasks and following faction 500 losses.

The useless coin purse needs obliterating off the face of the earth as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be nice if we could smelt them in the forge to craft other treasures, similar to ingots. We can already sacrifice Mab for souls, and grind Feyrie into pet food. Why not Sacks of Coppers -> Brass Rings -> Silver Cups -> Tarnished Crowns -> Lamps?

The XP loss might not make it worth it in all cases (I is bad at teh maths), but I don’t use Coppers and Rings past Hoard 100. I never have enough gold, even for the cups most times.

Another day, another attempt at Fang Moor. This time I’ll talk about the rooms along the way to the boss. First, here’s the room I’m currently in:

This is the third room. In this room we have an enemy team consisting of Golem, Tome of Evil, Void Portal, and Sacrificial Priest. The Golem will wreck your armor quickly. He explodes a gem, then eliminates, at level 500, 87+ armor from all your troops. He has 50% skull damage reduction, bonus brown mana, and only costs 8.

Tome of Evil sucks because he death marks one of your troops, and none of them in pure faction are immune to death mark. Void Portal is useless. He doesn’t do anything, but he is immune to bleed, so that’s annoying because you can’t whittle down his health (and 10 damage a turn adds up…)

Sacrificial Priest is awesome, because he’ll kill his own allies or himself. Fantastic. The scatter damage is minimal (approx 45 damage to each of your troops).

Don’t bother ever casting Setauri, because the max skulls you’ll be able to create is 12, since Void Portal can’t have bleed on it. You’ll need a ton of skull damage to kill Golem, but that’s no different than fighting against Chief Dargon in the boss room anyway. You’re on kind of a timer though, because you want to kill Tome of Evil before it casts, otherwise you can just straight up lose a troop and the run is over.

Generally speaking I spend most of my turns using Chief Dargon and Shaman of Set to refuel him. Here I’ve killed Golem and Tome of Evil hasn’t gotten a cast off yet. You can see I have sufficiently high attack – now I can concentrate on skull matches. Notice Setauri has full mana and can create skulls. Don’t do this, it’s a trap!

Instead I used Shaman of Set to make red gems. You’re just trying to cycle the board to create natural skull matches. Nothing fancy. Tome of Evil dead:

Now, like I said, Void Portal doesn’t do anything because the enemy has no souls. The only thing I need to worry about is skull matches, which will definitely kill me eventually. They have 166 and 185 Attack. That’s 83-93 damage, and I only have 161 health left now (I took a hit after the last screenshot).

Okay, Sacrificial Priest has sacrificed himself:

Notice Void Portal has 610 combined armor/health and I have 652 attack. So one skull match and they’re dead … same for me though.

Okay, well, that sucks. I had to make a move that wouldn’t give them a skull match, but they got falling skulls and killed me. It did set up a 4 skull match for me, but it doesn’t matter now.

Victory, but time to retreat, because I lost my tank. Woohoo, 4 chaos shards and 580 souls!

2 Likes