Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Finally did Fang Moor. What a terrible, terrible faction.

I’m sure it’s worse than anywhere else really, as there are so many issues you don’t get elsewhere.

Team
2 x Dargon
Setauri
Horned Asp

Dragon Banner, 2 red, 1 yellow.

I’ve mentioned some of the issues with this faction and bleeds, you have to hope and pray when you click on the delve that you haven’t got anything with Dark Monolith in. That’s not withstanding anything with charm, true damage, multiple stoneskins and entangle, 1 shotters etc.
Covers most doesn’t it?

I only once in all my attempts got through the room with Wight in (level 2/3 room) 2-3 times fully intact. It’s a bully! Picks on a target and stays on it.

Shaman of Set is completely useless when there’s any red coloured AI troops. It’s so prone to leaving a bad board, think Courage or Honor and multiply it x5. I have constantly left AI turns even when making 32 red gems. It should work like a transformer/converter, and the logic would be that the more of a colour you transform, the more chance you will make 4 or 5 gem matches. Historically for me, it missed so often, it was a joke. I stopped using it about a week ago, as was so tired of it creating mana for AI. It’s only useful use was if you had a run without red troops in, i.e Forest Troll Rooms, maybe the Icy Coven room. It’s better for mana denial than reliable mana generation.

Asp is also a poor troop. Insufficient damage, looks like it would be good on paper, but it’s not. However, you cannot lock into a specific setup in Fang Moor. You have to review the rooms on your path and pick troops that will help vs some of the opponents. So Horned Asp is needed for Dwarven Gate, The Bat Swarm and a few others.

Setauri, is a closer really, or when you have avoided damage on Dargon and have massive attack. It’s rare to avoid damage on Dargon when it explodes when it casts, as I mentioned last week.

I think in this faction, if you were just doing the boss room, 3 or 4 Dargons would make the best team. Maybe 3 plus Setauri, who has Thick Hide, so a little skull resistance. The problem is the path along the way is fraught with troops that will pick apart a slow building team that cannot raise health along the way.

Anyway it was close, skull trap city really, I made a move with my first Dargon that cleared a mess of skulls and a few skull traps for just a 3 skull hit. I think that won me the battle as I had enough attack to kill the last two troops with Asp and skull hits. It was a borderline one at the end, could have gone either way and so many times it went the wrong way for me, somewhere.

Gorbil - devour at 16% chance, x2, Gluttony, Devour on first cast. Hag, transform on first cast, Toadstool, rofl it converted both Dargons on it’s 2 casts at 20%.

Here’s the end

Prior to this, it was basically 2-3 minutes of working out the least likely odds of leaving the skull match I always left.

Hoard was a horrific 292, 2 Medals of Seasons and a Nysha. 50% bonus.

5 left. :grimacing:

I do not recommend even trying this without potions!

14 Likes