Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

If someone needs help on sunken fleet. Just see some tips here.

1 Like

It wasn’t that bad at all…I was quite surprised. It took me 3 sigils a day for 3-4 days before I got it. I came very close a few times too. You have to get lucky killing their strong guys with your blue-brown troop. I don’t remember my team… It was suggested much earlier in this thread. I will check if I get online later tonight and let you know when I can.

Okay, I looked back at it. My Kingdom is a 14 and my hoard is actually 175. I used the Harpy Banner–> Harpy, Harpy Mage, Bladewing, Xochi. If blade wing or Sochi die, your kinda SOL.

1 Like

What was your Necropolis Team?

Bone Golem
Draugr
Vanya
Vanya
(Silver Banner)

As I have continued working on the Delve Super Guides, I have realized that the forum format makes continued development a hassle.

As a result, I am working on making a Delve Super Guide Google Doc. Here, the guides can be better organized (with graphics and a table of contents!), always kept up-to-date (no more editing old forum posts buried deep in a long thread!), and can be even more thorough (probably too thorough). Additionally, this provides increased transparency, and the submission of community feedback through comments.

EDIT: Check that out here! As of writing the guide now includes writeups for Amanithrax and Silver Necropolis, with more to come.

20 Likes

I don’t know if this has been confirmed elsewhere or if it will help anyone, but I beat Pure Faction Mirrored Halls with very minimal effort. Definitely on my list of factions to recommend to players just looking to max one with minimal investment—all this faction takes is time and patience in my experience, but victory is assured if you don’t quit the match.

The basic strategy is:

Copycat
Mirror Queen
Copycat
Mirror Queen

Maintain that order with your own summons, sacrifice anyone you see is about to die so that you don’t have 3 injured troops at once (thus making you vulnerable to skull cascades), and cast your Mirror Queens against the opponent’s reflect-makers. If you’re the only one who can make reflects, you simply win by attrition.

Be sure to always try to kill their strongest copycats first, so what the remaining troops summon are ever weaker as time goes on. Be sure to keep this weakening in mind for yourself, too :+1:

No video taken because I was honestly surprised to win so easily. Plus, the video would have been like an hour long :laughing:

7 Likes

Mirrored halls … keep resetting until you get a fenrir room. Win.

Starting my guide for Mirrored Halls next as it seems people have been having success with it.

There’s the strategy @Magnusimus cites above with two Copycats, as well as one which utilizes Doppelganger and Glass Golem. Improved durability at the start and the ability to copy an enemy unit in the second room. You also get a big stat bonus for having 4 unique troops.

There’s also a mix of both, Copy/Doppel/Copy/Queen. That’s good if there’s something you like in Room 2, if not you can swap Doppel out before starting.

Which strategy is ideal? It seems like Magnusimus didn’t even focus on the idea of copying enemy troops, which several other players have said was central to their wins.

2 Likes

That’s correct @EliteMasterEric.

Got tired of waiting for a good middle room to show up, so I decided to just try summon-spamming my way to victory.

Figure if I could do it, anyone can, as my endgame stats are small compared to most (still missing many mythics, limiting my kingdom power and bonus stats) :joy:

I did forget to mention my three global medals were Gaard. I do that to make my Rowanne team faster—forgot to change them to Yasmine’s prior to the delve (is there even a middle room that inflicts true damage? If not, no benefit), but I guess it didn’t matter.

3 Likes

Me so much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:.

2 Likes

I tried 9 times Feyrie faction with all faction team level 500, but the 5% Harpy summon trait for CPU is closer to 50%. So I decided to move on and not look back.

I wonder what may have happened if the majority of GoW’s most active players had chosen to ignore the pursuit for completing high level Delves?

We are halfway in Faction releases now and it seems that FOMO/bragging rights have won, the pretty minor renown rewards and useless Faction pets have always seemed like pretty poor compensation for the hundreds of hours invested.

Meanwhile every new Faction trolls the players with increasingly harder ways to beat Delves with all Faction troops. Still only easily beatable for most if we can throw enough gems on Potions and/or gold to Hoard level.

Just a (slightly off-topic) thought… :laughing:

Thanks for replying @Magnusimus !

The ultimate conclusion I’m going to put in my write-up is: be flexible. Look at the center room carefully, determine if any of the units there are going to be significantly helpful (especially if you use Copycat to multiply it). If it is, I’d put Doppelganger in place of the 2nd slot Mirror Queen, otherwise just keep Mirror Queen there.

There are several rooms with great offensive, defensive, and utility troops (Dwarven Gate, Rock Worm, and Fenrir are just a few), but sometimes an extra source of Reflect and targeted damage is just better.

I’m writing under the assumption that the center can contain any of the Epic rooms listed on GoWDB. If it’s limited in some way, please let me know.

1 Like

Having done all of my F500’s without potions or beyond 185 hoard on HOG (pre buffs) I’ve found Frostfire Keep to be a bit more difficult than I thought. In fact there isn’t really a defined strategy to it, unless you have a mega hoard I think. In other factions, like the above HOG, you can strategise.

The main drawback being that the Frostfire King does so much damage, 135 heavy splash damage. I did it at 300 with potions up to T5 with 2 x Frostfire Wraith and 2 x Frostfire Kings. That doesn’t work really in the boss room without having herculean stats, or so it seems.

I moved to using the Troll, but ofc it’s backfire city and especially so in the boss room, that you only cast it after the AI Troll and even then 15 blue and red leaving 23 blue and red happens etc! It’s ok in middle rooms when they don’t use the colours, but it sort of never works, maybe 1:5 of you matching 4 gems.

So I tried the Hapless Witch today, on the basis that I would use it to single target kill the top troop in the easier rooms with the Wraith and selectively strike at things that are your key targets (Viper, Lady Ironbeard etc). So I got to the end room 2 of 3 unscathed today, once with a Troll, once with Witch and basically got the Wraith down, then bingo it steals 144 life and it’s as if it’s never been touched. Blam, one cast of King and one Witch and I’m done.

So, in other factions we can do certain things, Wild Court, build Wild Knight. HoG, build attack. ASE resummon. Mirrorred Halls, summon a good troop, chip, resummon. Stonesong, use Bladewing’s Lethal and so on.

This one seems to be just another one of the number bashers with Hoard, ala Dark Pits. In fact maybe it’s harder as at least with that death marks can kill.

Wondering if anyone has done it with sub 150 hoard and no potions and how? I did think maybe 3 Wraiths and 1 King and double blue, 1 yellow banner and see if you can just build them like Wild Knight. They at least are durable to skulls, do about 90 skull damage, but then again, 2 Kings gives you damage at least, albeit it’s a paper cut. Other option might be 1 Wraith and 3 Kings and go a double red banner and hope you get them firing fast.

2 Likes

True Hoard:300
Hoard:200
Kingdom Lvl:14
Medals: Anu, 2x Nysha

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Are summoned harpies in stonesong supposed to have 3 traits or 2?

Todays delve:
first faction team try:
Dementicore 2 Lyraza Chaoshound

Delve 166 + 50 % Bonus

Won but close and to be true not really a team for 200, 300 or 500

What are your teams builds

Working on Delve 100 with Hoard 199/ 50% faction bonus/ 0 potions

Observations:

1. Beating the Green/Rare room (or any of the blue rooms) still opens up the next set of rooms.

2. Do NOT fight the legendary room that gives Tidal. Its kind of an obvious, but you really feel it when you can’t touch anyone with damage outside of slot 1, especially with these inconsistent troops. With the Madness storm going, it can be somewhat hard to get skulls to show up.

3. Avoid rooms with Stealthy if you can. If the skulls don’t drop for you, it can be a pain to protect yourself.

4. … and don’t be me and fight Tidal AND Stealthy.

Sister of Shadows wrecked my first 2 slots at Delve 100 with approx 400 ish stats per troop. lol

I doubt this delve was playtested with faction troops. Really feels like its missing an AND clause somewhere instead of 3 underpowered OR options.

I get the feeling the strat will come down to stealing the attack from the first slot so they can’t skull bash you and spamming Lyra AoE to win, but I can’t test it at this difficulty/stats.

6 Likes

I’ll try to remember that 7 weeks from now. Good luck to you this weekend, and to all the rest of the playtesters as well. :smiley:

4 Likes