Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Well… I beat 100 and 200 without potions first try, but I have 199 Hoard, 50% faction bonus, all troops medaled, Snowball and Owlbunny maxed. Not really relatable to most…

On 100, I tried Werebear in the first slot. Wasn’t very happy with it as even with Enrage, it eventually transformed and kinda got stuck as Torbern for awhile. At some point top slot transformed again (I think back into Werebear), but then died to Death Mark anyways. Werebird was in second slot and helped lead to the idea of the 200 team…

On 200, I used:

Werebird
Werebear
Beastmaster Torbern
Werecat
Beastly Banner (+2R, Gr, -Bl)

Having all 4 troops gives a huge amount of stat bonus, but its not like the game is going to let you keep it lol.

4 Werewoods troops: 4 Life, 3 Attack (no pet)
4 Urskaya troops: 18 Life, 6 Attack (max pet)
4 Beast troops: 12 Life, 6 Attack (max pet)
Kingdom Team Bonus 4: 21 Life, 9 Armor, 3 Attack (max pet)

Its a bit insane.

My 3x Medaled Werebird has 67 Attack before Delve bonuses (or potions). Hunter’s Mark lets it do 2x skull damage on hit.

So yeah, if you’re a sucker like me who gets skyfall skulls up the wazoo, it’ll do its job.

Only problem is that it has no skull protection, so potions will at least give you 25% skull reduction.

The only interesting observation I can give:

Werecat does 3x damage when there’s 13 or more Red Gems (duh). If you’re in a lucky universe where a Torbern cast can set you up with 13+ Red Gems without getting you killed AND Werecat is full, you can pretty much do some big damage AND loop until it transforms itself. Good for situational emergencies, I guess.

The least needed troop is probably Torbern, but its also nice to have at least one available. Werebear has the least amount of synergy with the team, but sometimes its nice to be able to reset a board. (think skulltrapped)

I’m not overly in love with the banner, but outside of +2 Red, I really don’t know what I want. I’ve considered Meteor Banner too due to how often I need to deal with Torbern, but then I have to test if -Purple is worth it.

Edit: I’m also contemplating if its possible to bruteforce the delve with 3x Werebirds + 1 Torbern.

4 Likes