Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

1. Will people stop writing FRACTIONs. They’re called FACTIONs.
  2. @mithran please could I get the TLDR version of your recommendation?
16 Likes

A better reward would simply be five Shards a day. We wouldn’t outlive their utility as long as there are factions, we would keep using them trying to max all factions or save them for newly released factions. I know the Shop Tiers from Faction’s events will try to capitalize on this, but the devs could even make some factions with different benefits like:

• Ingots.
  • Shards.
  • Chance for an extra Delve Scroll. (@Gouki will hate another random chance… :sweat_smile:)
  • Treasure Card.
  • A permanent buff to all Wargare troops from Wild Plains. :sunglasses:

For all that’s worth those things could even still be implemented.

3 Likes

In my example, that means 285 shards by day…

There is no faction bonus, there is only a total faction bonus. I don’t believe devs will do a big change and put individual bonus…

Bonus from Faction is crap so one player cannot get a good advantage compared to other ones. Or, one player cannot be that much jealous of another one because this player has these crap bonus.

1 Like

Well, 285 Shards is just 14 portals a day, wouldn’t mean a lot if my predictions about how long it would takes to max every faction…

I don’t believe the devs would plan things based on the jealously of players… But logic doesn’t seems like something they use constantly, so i can’t honestly say you are wrong.

Good luck with this. It’s still common to see people complaining “I spent 6,000 gem keys and didn’t get the new mystic”. I’ve always assumed maybe it’s a localization thing, like some culture uses the word “mystic” for “mythic”?

1 Like

Excellent Hall of Guardians team:
Titan/MCrusher (barrier, enraged, duststorm, 50% mana), Ragna, Scorpius, Euryali (2br,r)

fast fills, fast insta-kills after the Scorpius buff :smile:
only one room immune to poison
also a good counter to the divine-meta (not immune to poison)

buuut the rewards for level 110, chest level 6 :confounded:

3 Likes

I am enjoying the new game modes, but I hate when I get souls. Delve, to me, seems like more of an end-player game type (especially when you get past 100) and getting souls when I have absolutely no need for them anymore is just a punch in the gut. Soul gnomes were a good add, because they really help new players and can be found in various modes, but souls in delve? Just, no.

It’s only first day lol give it time the description saying 1 random ingots every day so im pretty sure we can get mythic or legendary ingots at a smaller rate

Even if it’s only 1 mythic per week or 2 week it will still be good imo

Anyway i reached 1000 today so i will post my result also tomorow

3 Likes

Unlike other modes, a newbie can stick with a level 10 or 20 Delve. That’s a pretty big boost to newbie soul income so I like it.

I think, for endgamers, it’s better to state “I wish I had something to do with souls”. I mean, I need 600k more to max all of my troops, but I’m already passively making enough/week to max each event kingdom/troop type as I go. If I could trade souls for Chaos Shards, even at a ridiculous rate like 10k per, I’d be tempted.

2 Likes

Anyone know if the stats bonus you earn with some milestones rewards are only for delves or it’s like kingdom bonus and work everywhere? If so it will worth it to get them

Edit: i am talking about the 4000 renown giving + 1 health

It said “skill bonus are global”, so it probably applied to everywhere like Overworld’s Kingdom bonus.

2 Likes

Well so it worth it to level up faction then

2 Likes

I would also be on board for having something to do with my souls. If you stick with level 10 or 12 Dwelve though, you don’t get any renown right?

Still, I fully see what you are saying. Good point.

I don’t think anyone is arguing “it is never good to push your level higher to get faction renown”. But I think we see two different kinds of personalities clashing. Both people want to be “optimal”, but there are two different kinds of it:

• Some people want maximum bonuses in the shortest amount of time.
  • Some people want maximum rewards long-term.

It is clear at this point you can’t get both at the same time.

• The “hares” will get 2x yields for rewards for longer, until they’re stuck. Then they start getting worse chests.
  • The “tortoises” maintain better chest levels for longer, but end up with lower multipliers.

I see a lot of people acting as if it is a short-term proposition to get the stat bonuses. As it is right now the maximum renown is 5000. That is enough to get you +1 HP. That is not game-breaking. When we get our third faction that will go up to 7500, which intuitively is not enough to get a 2nd stat bonus. We need four factions to get that one, and I bet it is +1 armor. It will be weeks before we get +1 magic.

Meanwhile: it takes 50 wins to get to level 500. 50 sigils is 17 days of work (though faction events disrupt this). To get 2500 renown, you have to beat level 500 with a faction team. Nobody sane believes this is achievable without a very high level hoard.

I do not believe, even with faction events, you can level your hoard far enough to make level 500 possible in 17 days. I believe, because of this, any short-term advantages “hares” gain are eventually equalized by “tortoises” having better chests.

I also believe at some point you MUST level your Delve or you do lose rewards. That point is dictated by your hoard level.

Remember that this mode and its rewards are balanced so that next year, when we presumably have 20+ factions, the game is still accessible to a player who is new. That means the rewards we get over the next six months won’t be as significant as we think when compared to the rewards we think we are going to get in the six months after that. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you personally i don’t care about the rewards, it’s more about the challenge and i want to know how far i can go before i hit a wall then try to build different team to beat it. This is where i have fun. Some prefer rewards i prefer a good challenge :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I mean the good news is:

This time last month, we were all reserved to the fact that on average we could expect 1 mythic ingot per week.

Now we are in a world where we expect more than that. If you pull off one good Delve chest you might get 4-8 mythic ingots. We’ve also seen regular yields of 10+ legendary ingots. One of our biggest complaints recently has been the scarcity of these ingots made us even less likely to upgrade weapons.

Even if you play Delve poorly, you are going to more than double your ingot income compared to last month.

1 Like

Yup since it’s started i get average 2 mythic ingot per day it’s very nice

I am all about the challenge as well, which is why I do enjoy Raid/Invasion. With that being said though, I just wish I could find a way to get more renown, shards, ingots, really anything other than souls. Every time I get a decent chest (lvl 5 or higher) I pull souls out of it. The RNG is just not on my side so far haha XD. Seriously though, having something (anything!!) to do with souls after I have leveled up all my troops, have Dawnbringer, etc. would be MUCH appreciated!!

Keep a low level faction to “farm”, up your hoard quality there first in multiples of 3 to maximize chest loot for that (about half of your total delves will be in this faction) ASAP; don’t progress delve level during Tuesday event on this faction unless you are reasonably sure it won’t cost you much time for future runs otherwise retreat the boss to get some rewards for the event; progress delve levels on others right before their Tuesday events; try to up hoard quality (in multiples of 3) before you progress delve levels on stuff (when you have the extra treasures to do so). I think that covers everything.

And I believe @TimeKnight is recommending - push until it is somewhat difficult to clear every faction to get one time and renown bonuses slightly earlier but ensure you are still able to clear at least one delve consistently and completely, and do your repeats after that point. Which is also fine, if you have the extra time, as you are still more or less keeping scroll efficiency (but is still not optimal, IMO).

I categorically recommend against pushing every delve as far as it can go (so far that you can’t consistently and completely clear repeats), as you will be walled out from progress getting renown (can’t win with the faction team) AND shards (less per day on average if you can’t do complete clears or sometimes even lose). Which will cost you more within a few days of being walled than you gained in the several days it took you to get to that point, in both scroll AND time efficiency.

What I’ve been saying is that the 1-2 PvP battle worth of ingots per day and pittance of gold that this puts you ahead at any give time is offset by the fact that even at 10 seconds more per delve battle, you could have done multiple PvP battles by the time you finish delves for the day, resulting in many more ingots and gold. And the one skill point basically doesn’t matter in this sea of skill points that we currently have. And I specify 1-2 ingot, some gold, and maybe one skill point because you only ever need one faction at level 20 and hoard quality 10 to farm at peak efficiency, but you can rotate which faction this is if you end up with an overabundance of treasure. And that because of the amount of times you need to progress a given delve to finish renown and the timetable for faction releases, almost half of your total delves are going to be same level repeats regardless (more than half, if you do initial progress on other delves during their event), so you are going to want something you can farm at peak efficiency. And the simple chance at taking losses means less rewards in the long run.

Thats about as succinct as I’m willing to go on this subject, because the why matters a lot to tailoring the strategy to work for you. I needed about 4 attempts to get that out. The other 3 devolved into essay length rants about the big flaws in the design of this reward structure, the reward structures for this game in general, how I would have designed it differently given almost identical initial parameters, and how I don’t like being being rewarded for taking the easiest possible route but it is what it is and so long as they keep doing it, I will keep exploiting it. Which I may or may not pick over and try to get the relevant details out, maybe in other threads.

20 Likes

Great thanks.

Was tempted to make some wisecrack remark about your short version being longer than most people’s long versions. But after the effort you gave just now that could seem rude and ungrateful…

…oh…

9 Likes