Dear devs, could you please give us runic traitstones in legendary tasks instead of minors?

I agree with the above sentiment- we’ve got so many Gold keys, as well as receiving Minors in the Glory packs, while Runics are so very difficult to receive in (Quests: completed), Challenges, and PvP.

Here’s an alternative thought:
Diablo III, in a post-game patch, created Crafting and (forgot the official name for it, but) Deconstruction.

Could we combine 50 Minor stones to make a Major, then 50 Majors to make a Runic, and (25/25 or 50) to make an Arcane?

Deconstruction: Arcane would break down to 10/10 or 20 Runics, Runics would break down to make 20 Majors, and Majors would break down to make 20 Minors.

We’re still losing out either way, but it would make a lot more vertical sense with the Glory packs – as an example, I have 27 Arcane Summers- but only need 18 for my troops. I could use those Arcane Summers to break down to Runic Winds, then combine them with Runic Fire to make Arcane Storms.

– Tranimo (Anonymous/PC-Mobile; Santa’s Big Gifts/PS4)

2 Likes

Crafting system is coming, although we don’t know yet about whether it will allow us to use stones.

1 Like

coughcough

5 Likes

That is great news! I’ll take full responsibility for the much needed change. :wink:

4 Likes

All the players thank you for your request.

That’s the nice thing about this game, the Devs actually listen.

10 Likes

The devs really are good at listening to the player base. I’d like to take credit for this change, but I’m sure I’m not the first person to request it. I am happy they are changing it though.

1 Like

this is why i still play after 2.5 years

2 Likes

That’s part of the reason I have happily spent over $150 and will continue to spend money on this game.

6 Likes

Agreed, some really good games that I have played in the past would still be around or would have grown much bigger had their devs bothered to engage more with their players.

Guess they all can’t be as good as this crew otherwise we wouldn’t have anything to moan about, right?

They didn’t remove minors. This is a change for the worse. Less likely to get epics/arcanes.

2 Likes

They’re adding runics and you’re saying this is a change for the worse? Some folks eh?

3 Likes

to make place for the runics something had to lower its drop rate…

we would need to see what were the drop rates changes to put those runics in, but i rather agree that its more negative then positive change: in the pool of rewards anything else then minors (and maybe legendaries) were better then the runics

• if anything “better” then the runic will drop less often now, you got to admit this is not entirely positive change

Not a good change. Should have gone with:

1 Like

Yes you’re diluting the drop pool but I fail to see how adding something better makes it worse.

I don’t have the final numbers but I can confirm that we’re not decreasing your chances for Legendaries, Mythics or Gems when we add Runics.

11 Likes

please reduce the drop rates for minors and give those drop rates to runics.

that would be the best outcome here.

cheers @Nimhain!

5 Likes

Runics are objectively worse than everything else on the drop table that isn’t minors. Traitstones are always objectively worse long term than something that can get you a troop. Especially when said things can also get you runics.

Any runic you get when the changes go live would have been one of the following with the drop table as it stands now:
Minor stones (runics are better for some, worse for some)
Glory Keys (runics are objectively worse)
Gem Keys (runics are objectively worse)
Event keys (runics are objectively worse)
Arcanes (runics better for some, worse for some, a wash for some)
Glory (runics are objectively worse)

Pre post edit - chances of these will not be reduced when runics are introduced:
Gems (runics are objectively worse)
A legendary troop (runics are objectively worse, but most legendary troops that can drop from these are also useless to those completing LTs so… maybe not by that much?)
A mythic troop (runics are objectively worse)

Even so, it doesn’t look like an entirely positive change if any of the other stuff was reduced in any way.

I think the reason is because there are two different perspectives here. There are those who want more runics, and so replacing minors with runics seemed like a good idea. And there are those who think minors shouldn’t be in legendary tasks to begin with, (and are probably after some of the rarer drops in the LT pool, such as Legendary or Mythic troops).

For the first group, this change is nice, albeit not perfect. Since instead of getting Runics at a (example, not actual number) 10% chance (under the assumption this is what the minors were at previously), they now have Minors at a 5% and Runics at a 5%. But they have their chance at Runics now, so they’re happy.

However the second group was more interested in having better drop rates for the rarer/more valuable loot, and weren’t interested in the runics at all, just the removal of the minors. For them this change is the OPPOSITE of what they wanted, chances have actually decreased with the addition of runics.

However, the second group’s concerns have been addressed partially by Nimhain as I wrote this post. So it seems that the higher value rewards aren’t actually getting a change in drop rate, just (assumedly) minors are now less likely to drop, and runics fill in the gap that the drop in minors chance left. While still not quite what the second group wanted, at least it isn’t a “nerf” for them.

1 Like

I need more runic and I was contemplating using 2500 gems on gem chests but ended up using them to open 60 vip to try and get a mythic. I didn’t but I did get a shitload of arcane. I would like to see an optional glory purchase when you buy your weekly troop. Do you want 3 runics or 1 arcane? Or 6 if it’s an epic with 2 arcanes. That would be great.

They also clearly put in lesser value items so the reward table isn’t game-breakingly over-generous. If they believe the table is balanced well then there’s no way they’re going to just remove stuff and increase the odds of the best stuff.

1 Like