Day of the Jakal

The only good thing about this troop…

And it mainly faces troops immune to death mark this week.

:eggplant: move devs.

1 Like

Especially since the game doesn’t always give you the “You’re not using the Event Medal” warning either!

:poop:

1 Like

The high lv bone dragon battles are tough. Especially when enemy steals first turn and bone dragon kills 2 of your troops before you even get a turn. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, but, its ability curses all enemies (and diseases them). So you just need to cast it first. Too bad the ability itself sucks. Its max boosted damage is +40 (10 per Death Marked enemy), and of course, as enemies die, its max boosted damage decreases. For single target damage this event, Pharos-Ra is unmatched.

I’ve been using Tomb Knight + Withering Touch + Morterra + Pharos-Ra. I only purchased Tier 2 and only have 1 Medal, 0 badges (2 tokens though).

I’ll try 4x Settite tomorrow, or today if I buy more sigils.

Team I have been using for Bone Dragon: [6954,6074,6211,1105,3011,2,1,1,2,1,3,0,14023]
Screenshot_20210901-180628__01

Take advantage of Bone Dragon’s skulls and have your own skull team. Sure the badges are for spell damage but eh, this works.

Tomb Knight barriers and buffs himself. Target a column with a mana potion and with luck, he will loop.

Keeper of Souls is a must for a looping skull team. Plus he can summon a replacement meatshield if needed.

Setite Warrior to give Tomb Knight armor and do damage.

Weapon to generate mana, change board, and create bonestorm.

Dervish class for all the explosions plus hunter’s mark plus bandit meatshield summon spam.

I have three tiers (two needed for the event) and no deaths. …yet.

1 Like

I like getting the medals to medal troops. But yeah, that would solve that problem.

Tried swapping my Settite Warrior for Apophisis. [6954,6074,1105,6687,3025,2,1,1,2,1,3,0,14023]
Screenshot_20210902-143202__01

Not sure if I like it more. It loops better, but it sacrifices the armor Settite provides. Finally had my first death today at level 370. Going to go back to Settite.

I know some people hate Bone Dragon but I love it. More challenging fights like this please! If anyone needs to skip it, thats ok. Hard and easy fights gives us choices of what to fight. Do I try for the harder fight even though I may lose, or play it safe for less points?

3 Likes

Difficulty that’s well thought out and balanced I’m fine with. End Gamers shouldn’t have difficulty with these events. We should be OP in everything but GW. Otherwise the game becomes too difficult for players who haven’t played for years.

2 factors make this week difficult. Bone dragon stripping armor and the opponents attack being so high that they basically guarantee to kill at least one troop per cast at certain levels.

And the fact that there’s no skull boosts from medals to make it more fair.

I don’t believe either factor was actually thought out. Purely an accident created by Players facing the same troops they are forced to use in an event. (Which is always boring)
And world event medals being chosen randomly regardless of the troops selected that week.

So though I agree with you that this sort of game should offer a decent amount of difficulty for certain levels. I feel like actual thought and design should be used when balancing difficulty. Not rely solely on AI RNG and high stats on troops. (You know every delve troop they ever released.)

If you want difficulty for just the sake of difficulty. Then put sharp rocks in your shoes and walk around in then. You’ll have a blast! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I love your enthusiasm, and I’m really enjoying watching you try to science your way through this, so, yeah, keep it going. But I went back and tried some different things, thinking maybe I just needed a better team composition, and that if I just played smarter, it would work out, but I’ve burned a few sigils on this, and I’m reasonably convinced that this (mostly, probably) isn’t an L2P issue. I’ve bought four tiers and we’re at stage 11. I’m happy to underachieve my way through the non-BD fights from here on in. Just, uh, don’t tell my GM, okay?

3 Likes

Aw thanks!

Ultimately this game relies so heavily on RNG that there becomes a point where no amount of strategy matters. I have no doubt that eventually Bone Dragon will get past that point for me. It is already in RNG territory. At that point I will also skip the BD fights and cry. :rofl:

@Snooj Got a nice team from @beeflog
[6090,6508,6211,1068,3074,3,3,1,3,3,3,2,14006]. No cry baby.

I was skeptical at first but damn, nice team. Killed Bone Dragon level 370 and it got no casts. Thanks! For anyone else wanting to see the team:

For me, I changed class to Dervish just because I am levelling it, and banner because I dont have it. Still, awesome team!

2 Likes

Stuck at Bone Dragon 410. Not too bad for only three tiers.

2 Likes