Dawnbringer unbalances Arena

Well, with the plus 4 match mana surge nerf, you will take even longer to fill your random troops and your weapon of choice.

Granted, it should also mean that the AI could take longer to fill Dawnbringer?

Still, i dont think the weapon should be used in the Arena on Def.

1 Like

Start arena. Dawnbringer opponent who is level 1365 with rock spirit, poison master.

Guess ill die. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Yup - a bit sad about that. I stopped playing pvp (cos its pure gash) and now Arena has been rendered a total waste of time too…

I suppose weve still got Explores and good-old-treasure maps, so, um… yeah.

1 Like

I go to arena a lot, after the weekly stuff is over. This is my main go to game.
I rarely have a problem winning all 8 battles, but when I gave dawnbringer I’m losing prob 75% of the time. It needs some adjustment for arena play.

5 Likes

Out of 9 battles (I lost one) I faced 4 Dawnbringers. Yes, I beat 3 of them, which was unexpected, but the battles were so long I would have made trophies faster doing regular pvp.

I know it’s the weekend but I’m surprised there hasn’t been a dev response on this yet.

3 Likes

So are people facing dawnblade in Arena that have the weapon forged personally ? or facing it no matter what?

You need to own it bro

I have to fight it and I do not have it.

You face random teams created by other players regardless of which weapons you have unlocked yourself.

What’s interesting to me is that people had the exact same reaction when Runic Blade first got buffed. It’s too OP for the arena, everybody’s using it, etc., etc. Now everybody uses Runic Blade if they have it and are complaining they can’t beat Dawnbreaker. If it’s not one thing, it’s another.

3 Likes

This weapon cost lot so if people want to use it in arena they deserve to use it wherever they want

I also think the weapon used by hero in defense should be random from his pool so you Don’t always see the same weapon again and Again

4 Likes

When the goblins came out, they were quickly fixed. Davnbringer’s apparent imbalance is clear to everyone, but they do not pay attention to him. It seems that this was conceived. This weapon was created so that those who could not create it bought …
Oh…
excuse me
I just left the arena.

1 Like

Use Mang (edit: its a Hero weapon unlocked at Fire+Earth mastery 40). I dont have many problems with the Dawnbringer.

Also, retire your team if it sucks, make a tier list for yourself and only play when you have a S tier rare (or whatever you use to describe best pick), because rares are the best ones in Arena.

“Use Mang” isn’t a good answer because it takes a good bit of work to get to the point where you have it.

Part of the point of Arena is “this is a place where your XP/accomplishments are equalized”. Nothing’s equalized when “people who have constructed an endgame weapon” or “people at level ~200” have an advantage over “everyone else”.

I’ve got Mang and so far the game feels like “if I don’t kill the hero with Dawnbringer before it activates” it’s the end of the game. Runic Blade/Black Manacles are tough to recover from, but not impossible with a good team.

But lately I lose more arena streaks to “everyone has Dawnbringer” than “this isn’t an A-rank team”.

2 Likes

Whatever happens it needs a dev response pretty immediate. People farming for weeks and wasting 1m souls for the weapon just to be nerfed is not good.

2 Likes

I crafted dark sword, it’s enough to kill in one shot but slow if you’re not facing dawnbringer and the inability to scout is so annoying

Maybe the Devs. should make it so the AI can’t use DB.

3 Likes

People using Dawnbringer in Arena is not a problem. I agree that it kind of ruins Arena, but being ruined in the player’s favor is the reward someone gets for crafting it. You spend that much to craft it, you should get to use it.

I think that if the player does not have a mythic weapon*, the game should not give the player teams with mythic weapons as opponents. Everyone still gets to play with their weapons of choice, but nobody has to take what they can’t dish out.

*I am assuming that sooner or later, there will be more mythic weapons besides Dawnbringer.

3 Likes

Yeah, the game just gives your opponent the Dawnbringer even if they never crafted it. It kind of reminds me on console that ever time you increased a Kingdom or Leveled up your Hero all that bonus would be applied to the AI. Fun times

Warning: Nerdy aside follows.

Technically, Dawnbringer isn’t Mythic, it’s Legendary:

You can also tell (or could, not sure about the new UI atm) by sorting your weapons by rarity in game. Dawnbringer sorts in with all the other Legendaries.

1 Like