Daily Troop Discussion!

Reduce damage then make it true damage.

Does anyone else look at that thing heā€™s wielding and think it looks more like a telescope than a scythe?

3 Likes

fair point, I look at the scythe and ask myself, how did the artist fail to not make it bigger. :wink:

1 Like

Also makes me think of this:

4 Likes

Death, in his current state, and that kid are about equally threatening.

4 Likes

I am still thinking of a good rework for Death. Its not easy to come up with something unique and powerful. On the other side I am a little annoyed that death mark has got such a slap in the face, it had so much potential as it was, now its just another useless status effectā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, if they had kept Deathmark as something a little more exclusive and difficult to apply, it wouldnā€™t have merited the nerf that it got. The Deathknight trait was a mistake, as was having it usable by common troops like Wraith and Penitent. A scary Deathmark that was difficult to use/apply is a good balance, a too-common Deathmark that is easily countered is not.

3 Likes

Death should just straight up kill the first troop. Just ā€œkill the first troop.ā€

IMO Wraith was fine. He was a danger, but one you could generally mitigate.

Deathknight is what killed Death Mark.

3 Likes

Lets run this Death for another day, shall we?

1 Like

BTW, I really like this idea youā€™ve got going with the troop of the day, Eika. Itā€™s a great way to discuss troop changes without burning out on sheer volume.

4 Likes

Thank you! I agree, pace and one troop a day makes it maybe a little more chilling than when we tried before.

1 Like

We didnā€™t see it much on console, but the idea that a common troop fronting a skull-spam team (or any team, really) absolutely required an impervious lead on a counter-team never sat well with me. To get death touch and chill touch on a troop for 1 lonely arcane was just out of proportion, especially in the insta-death era.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s a big magnifying glass, because all heā€™s good for now is frying antsā€¦ :ant: :boom:

1 Like

Itā€™s been done to Deathā€¦
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::nerd_face:

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair.

1 Like

Honestly I do like the one-turn delay for DeathMark. That said, I propose to make it a bit stronger, say a 20% chance for it to proc on the second turn. Think of it as a penalty for not bringing a cleanser on your team. Maybe even have the DeathMark proc chance increase at the same rate as the self-cleanse percentage - 20% to either die or cleanse on turn 2, 30% chance to either die or cleanse on turn 3, and so on. It would definitely bring back some nail-biting tension!
Now that we are being introduced to class-specific traits (Iā€™m sure more classes will get this treatment in the future) I feel that some classes should have a particular weakness to a particular Status Effect or elemental-based magic. For example, Undead takes double-damage vs Burn status or fire-based (red) spell dmg. Divine has a higher rate of having DeathMark proc on them and double dmg from dark (purple) spells. Fire-based troops will have a reduced chance to cleanse Freeze, plus it will cause dmg each turn like a cold burn.
This would require a lot of tweaking and determining what spells can cause elemental damage but I think it would be awesome!

2 Likes

I think Death needs a lot of rework. Iā€™d like to see an insta-kill, probably conditional. Let him live up to his name. That third trait would feel better on Draakulis or something vampirishā€¦

How about:
Spell: damage all enemies and deathmark them, if there are 13 purple gems, instantly kill the weakest enemy - and increase mana cost if needed
Trait: gain mana when any troop dies.

2 Likes

I support both the DM rework that happened and the need to buff Death now. DM allowed for no counterplay and therefore needed to be changed. Death is now hardly deserving of his mythic status.

2 Likes

As terrible as Death Mark currently is and for Deaths 24 mana cost I do say. Death mark and deal 20 true damage to all enemies. 3rd trait needs rework too, he needs to steal more life a turn from the first enemy, 5 life instead of 2.

We all good now, some good ideas came over the last night. I will soon post another troop.

1 Like