Curious about representation of LGBT players

Ok. Misunderstanding. Sorry

1 Like

I really don’t care what your motivations are for the comments that you have made in this thread. However, it’s beyond ridiculous for you to claim that the OP is “trolling” because you want to shut down her ability to ask if there are other LGBT players in the community.

Without your repeated attempts to literally have her thread shutdown, she could have just had her answer. Other LGBT people could have felt welcomed to respond and LGBT-friendly guilds could have given a shout out. It could have been a short positive thread that allowed LGBT players to get to know each other.

Once again, this is the “off topic” part of the forum. Plenty of real life topics have been discussed here such as gun violence in the USA and sexism in games. Personally, I instantly mute all gun violence in the USA threads. They are filled with the same trite arguments. Muting threads is your friend.

6 Likes

Like most civil places, I think the only bad discussion here is the discussion about the potential for bad discussion. I trust our mods to kick the asses of people who use this thread as a platform for that kind of discussion.

I struggled with this particular question a lot over the last year. It took me a while to decide “non-binary” fits.

3 Likes

If you’ve spent any length of time on the internet where these sorts of threads tend to arise you learn to distinguish quite quickly why they are being created. Especially if the area they’re being created isn’t somewhere they usually would and they don’t bear relevance.

I asked for it to be closed once. Not repeatedly. I am concerned for my children and do not feel like this is an appropriate forum to host this kind of discourse. As a father, I have that right and more importantly; the duty to shield my children from corrupting material until they’re able to critically think and analyse things.

As with other games, I fail to see what effect a persons sexuality or sex has upon their ability to play a game. It is a topic that all too often is narcisstic and self-serving. Allowing the creator to pat themselves on the back and to force acceptance among a majority because if they don’t then they’re bigoted bla bla bla.

I should have taken screenshots of what “Amber” said to me in global 1 chat. He was very rude, sarcastic and insulting. Not to mention his prolific use or profanity.

2 Likes

2018-10-27%20(1)

Click on muted and your kids won’t see this. Problem solved and everyone who wants to discuss this topic can

5 Likes

My children have their own accounts.

Everyone’s account has a mute button

2 Likes

Then I shall let them know and ask them to do so.

So anyway, back on topic…

@AmberPeacemaker If you happen to be on the lookout for LGBT-friendly guilds, feel free to PM me. I know of a few. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware that the topic had been left?

I basically saw the thread title and went “Oh no.” Going better than I expected. Mind you …

And muting this forever. No offense.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, but I love the Cannibalistic Dragons too much to leave :kissing:

2 Likes

That’s awesome :smiley_cat: I love the name of your guild too. I’m ride or die with my love for cats. But, Dragons are my second favorite.

3 Likes

Your words betray you. What your comments boil down to is, “Go back in your closet and stay there.” That’s not going to happen.

11 Likes

Did I say that? No, I did not.
You’re twisting what I said to suit your narrative.

1 Like

Oh wow. I didn’t actually read Bilbo’s posts and now that I have yeah I changed my mind:

The thread should be stickied.

4 Likes

To what end?

Think how insulted you would feel if I told you I think you are harming your children (and the people they interact with) with your beliefs. That is how the people who read this thread feel when you call their feelings “corrupt”.

There is a lot of trauma attached to living with genes that make you feel feelings people call “abnormal” or “corrupt”. The most humane and ethical thing to do is say, “Yes, some people feel this way and I don’t have to agree with it.” But what people would rather is, “Actually this is all sinful talk and should happen in a sinful place.” Think about how that feels for the people who live it.

It only gets uglier from here. If this thread upsets you so much, you shouldn’t participate further. I know people who are dead because of the mental trauma their parents inflicted. You aren’t going to get a lot of sympathy for being the “poor parent trying to protect my kids from not being heteronormal”. You’re more likely to get a lot of repressed anger.

5 Likes

I had no idea there was such a wide variety of ‘genders’, until I played South Park: The Fractured But Whole. It explained quite a bit.

4 Likes

I’m not calling people’s feelings corrupt. After all, we cannot help what we feel.

What I do not agree with is having this material pushed into every nook and cranny of society. The attempt to normalise and force people to accept a delusion as objective reality. That, I feel is incredibly dangerous and corrupts the moral fibre of our society. Imagine if we told the paranoid schizophrenic that the voices they are hearing are actually there and that them being told to shoot up a school is perfectly okay. I can hardly see that going down well, nor being helpful to the sufferer.

As someone who suffers with mental health disorders, notably PTSD from my experiences when I was a young man, I feel quite strongly about certain things. Not catering to the deluded is one of those things and i believe that if we do so we pave a very dangerous path.

Also, I feel I should point out that gender dysphoria is not linked to genetics. There is no ‘gene’ that determines your sexuality. You might perhaps be thinking of chromosomes? Which would be XX and XY, female and male.

2 Likes