Crafting, Oh Dear!

They do drop quite regularly in explore, I think I am around 90 or so.

1 Like

I was actually happy to have another use for the things. Usually when i get a Celestial, i’m like " Damn, thought that was an arcane"

4 Likes

Okay, crafting of some items is expensive. But crafting of other items (Runics) seems ridiculously cheap. Perhaps the balance is not as it should be. But one week ago, all high level players were sitting on piles of traitstones and other game currencies that they had no use for. Now there is an outlet. I understand the disappointment that some of the costs seem excessively high, but where you were before was in a place where you could not progress at all.

I don’t have a huge glut of extra anything, but this seems like a win all the way around.

1 Like

You need certain jewels for the weapons of Xathenos to then unlock the Xathenos crafting. You also need jewels to craft the pieces of Dawnbringer if you want that crafting-only weapon.

Other than that, jewels are free to use to make celestials until they release more recipes.

Though, to be honest, since jewels are time-gated, I’d be exploring for Celestials until I had a big stockpile of jewels against future recipe needs.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that is wrong. I just did some grinding and bought 2 blue summon stones. I EXPECTED to get a troop selection menu with all the blue troops. What I got was a random selection of two ultra-rare troops that I already had. This is like a glory key only I don’t get a chance for mythics.

CRAFTING ISN’T CRAFTING IF YOU GET RANDOM GARBAGE INSTEAD OF WHAT YOU WANT!!!

THIS IS A COMPLETE FAILURE ON THE DEVS TO EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW A GAME SHOULD WORK. ITS LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THIS GREAT HAVE ALL GONE ON VACATION AND NOW WE HAVE MENTALLY HANDICAPPED THIRD GRADERS MAKING THIS GAME!!!

You are crafting a summoning stone and then use it to get a random creature of that color.

That is a very rude attack agaisnt the devs who truly made something pretty useful.

2 Likes

How is it useful when you can get random stuff from a chest for a lot cheaper? Its RANDOM. You can’t pick what you want like in a good crafting system like Hearthstone.

2 Likes

Now how can you say it is cheaper when the chests use gold, glory or gems to open when the summoning stones use jewels and souls. It also gives another way to get troops.

Yeah, nowhere in here does it allow you to craft a specific troop. So say you’re trying to get Death. You grind for 6 months to get enough of the gemstones to do so and then get your summoning stone.

And you get Pharos Ra or some other useless mythic.

How is this useful? Any other crafting system was created to get rid of the RNG.

Ok but you can get a mythic another way other than by tons of gems or keys.
The point being it gives another way, it doesnt take away from anything.

1 Like

I get your point, but with the six moths of dev time put into this, I would have rather had something that actually added something interesting and new to the game.

When they announced crafting, I was excited, not because there is a mythic I wanted, but because I imagined it would suddenly get easy to get all the commons needed to level them to mythic. In my collection, that’s the only thing I’m missing is common troops.

So realize my dismay when not only you can’t create specific troops, but that after all the grinding to get these rather rare resources, you just get another ‘chest opening’ of random crap and not what you need.

So please understand, that if I need 20 more peasants to complete my mythic ascension, it will take something like 20,000 summoning stones just to get them, and that could take me years to grind, when I could probably get those 20 peasants from a week of grinding for gold and buying gold keys.

Same with people who might need ‘runics’ or similar. In order to craft a runic you have to sacrifice a celestial. Thats like sacrificing gold to make lead. Again, a really stupid idea.

I feel like the devs didn’t actually think about who would want and use this system.

1 Like

Legendary and Mythic troops work differently. You can target them. Although, they will be on a rotation apparently. So, you’ll have to wait for their turn to come up in rotation.

4 Likes

With the nerf even VIP members have limited access to VIP chests! VIP chests take 2250 gems for a pull and gems got famined! Don’t waste your money trying to get vip access! It is now a very bad investment!

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any evidence of this yet. Its not in the description and as far as I know, no player has managed to get to the legendary or mythic crafting.

So lets talk about this realistically. People are estimating on the board that it takes 4-6 months to grind out enough gems to get 4000 diamonds for your mythic. And then you have to wait for it to ‘rotate’ in, which could by perhaps another 4-6 months. At no time in this game has it taken me more than 8 months to get a mythic or legendary that I’m missing just from opening all the glory keys I get. I’m not particularly lucky and sometimes it takes forever for me to get a particular legendary(Tesla took forever for me to find in mythic).

I fail to see how this is a welcome change for anyone. It just makes getting your troop more grindy and hard.

Yeah, I’m VIP 13 and regretting it because not only do all my troops start at 15th level so I can’t make a cheap PVP defense team, but they took all the fun out of the game by giving the AI a lot more cheat-power. I’m just trolling the forums for a couple days before I finally quit. Sounds like no one really likes 3.1, even the people who are normally optimistic about the game dislike it.

Of course probably best troop for new player is available on first week, then troops change every weekly reset. When no new player can really grind it, even with buying packs for gems. No chance. And when will be next time when it comes to the forge? If it is random, things are usually bad, if someone need them. If it isn’t random, then until we rotate through all legendaries even bigger (or maybe smaller, who knows) period of time will await us. As I try to be positive in the sea of disappointment around me, this one thing triggers me strong.

PS. Of course im writing about TDS.

[quote=“Ashasekayi, post:32, topic:29568, full:true”]
Legendary and Mythic troops work differently. You can target them. [/quote]

Exactly this. You can go for specific higher level troops, but for lower rarities it’s still random. This may not be what some people wanted or expected (personally I have no interest in the random part), but comments saying things like “you can’t create specific troops” are blatantly incorrect.

I think the main thing I’m disappointed with for crafting is the gating, and that there isn’t a way to collect (grind) more shards/diamonds each day. I understand the necessity for it in order to generate revenue, but for me it means I’ll basically ignore the soulforge for the next 3-6 months while building a stockpile of resources from the dungeon, and then see where I’m at.

Maybe I’m more sympathetic as someone who manages a business, but this is a really difficult spot to be in. Think about it this way:

They’re basically running a business where they make money by giving you a random chance at getting the thing you want (chests). They then keep you around and spending b/c you chase that thing you want, and b/c new things come along (like mythics). Crafting runs directly opposed to this b/c it enables players to target what they want. It therefore threatens to totally undermine their core business. It’s super risky.

With that in mind, they clearly had to put some constraints around it so people didn’t blast through and get exactly what they want then have nothing to chase. If people could grind in a week or two and get exactly the last mythic they want then it would actually be really bad for the game.

While I think it’s a little rough around the edges, by and large it seems pretty solid. I think the final boss fight should be more interesting, but that’s not upsetting to me. I also wouldn’t mind if the bosses had guaranteed on Diamonds. But given it will take a couple of months to get enough for a mythic, it will average out over time so that also doesn’t bother me.

The summoning stones are the only real issue I have. There’s clearly a need to be able to get more of a specific, more-common troop and it really doesn’t serve that purpose well. It is free stuff, so I’m not upset, but that’s the one place where I feel like they really missed the point.

4 Likes

Well, that’s a nice personal anecdote. But, that isn’t everyone’s experience. Before I left the game, I only spent resources during mythic exclusive weeks and new kingdom day. I never found a mythic when it wasn’t in it’s exclusive week. For an extreme amount of months, I didn’t have Plague or War. The only reason that I eventually got them was because I was in a top 10 guild that got them from legendary tasks.

Now that I just came back a few days ago, I find that I’m missing two mythics that were released in my absence. I know that I more than likely won’t get them unless I craft them or they magically drop from a legendary task someday since I will still hoard resources for exclusive weeks like I did before. I have no problem with the crafting option. I fully expected they would make the process a PITA. I can’t believe anyone else thought differently.

However, I do agree they should get rid of the rotation. It makes no sense to add that time barrier when crafting them will already be time consuming. Also, I completely agree that summoning stones make no sense. They should just allow people to target any card like every other crafting system.

3 Likes

Personally I think they are avoiding any UI that would have you scrolling through pages of troops to select one. The Mythic/Legendary rotation “solves” the problem by simply “scrolling” that list for you veeeeerrrrrry slowly (one tick a week) while still allowing them to say you can “target” the troop you want.

I am quite disappointed by their decisions around crafting. One thing the game certainly did not need was more layers of RNG with troop acquisition. I wanted to pick what I could make as soon as I’d gathered the materials for the recipe and not be beholden to RNG color crapshoots or time gates in the process. The prices are steep enough that everything else feels like insult over injury.

I’m not guilded, or I’d be really upset that to give us this “mini game” they decided to take from Gem income. If crafting were purely additive, we could ignore it as a worthless addition and go on with complaining about Guild Wars or whatnot. As it is, crafting at the cost of Gems feels like a trade nobody asked for.

10 Likes