Council of Chiefs

Claim:

Reality:

Player number 2 has done pretty much the same number of battles as player number 3 but got 20% more points. In the meantime, player number 3 has done 16% more battles than player 2 for the same number of points.

This is not averaging out over multiple paths. There is something else going on here that we are not aware of.

15 Likes

This is a ranked event where you earn a variable amount of points per fight. Think about that.

Now Gems really is gambling.

4 Likes

I fought 2 legendary battles with Gar’Nok’s Gang. Level 90 gave me 5 skulls and lvl 100 gave me 4 skulls. How is this possible?

1 Like

Cuz your sample is too low, they made te test for about 10k wins a player then scores kinda get the same :3.

But wanna make a constructive criticism!

Great event, so fun and so well made, with no trace of typical IP2 rng!

Am so happy about it that i even csed platinums in Warframe!

Keep up the good work :3

1 Like

Something strange is with this event indeed.
Here is the same number of battles, but the difference between the first and the last with 72 battles is more than 500 pts.

5 Likes

Can someone explain to me how are we supposed to get 6000+ points each to unlock all rewards? Rank 1 currently on xbox has 89 battles done with only 3600 points.

Tier 4 + all free sigils = 42 sigils total for me for the week which = approx 84 battles with valravens.

2 Likes

See post 54 in this thread. Something is rotten in the state of Krystara.

Most I have had from 1 so far:

I believe it was a Lvl 115 Mythic fight.

1 Like

Our first mistake was expecting a new event type to work properly. When will we ever learn lol. Anything new is always screwed up in GoW.

5 Likes

shouldn’t there be bosses of some kind? I had 1 until now… Not impressed at all.

Choose my own path. :joy:.

(I think I’ve done 7 matches so far )

4 Likes

either the scoring bugged, and by not answering how the scoring works, they can avoid dealing with it,
or
this new type of event introduce another level of rng. if you win battle, you get random score, regardless of effort and hardship.

1 Like

I see your three and raise you one! image

8 Likes

I wonder, is it really intentional that the same battle shows up multiple times? Or was the intention to offer distinct battles from the pool, just with the implementation missing a duplicate check?

The event feels… boring? The same team against same enemies? Where is the catch and how is this better than towers (same team against same bunch of enemies)? The scoring system is shady at best. We’ve got no explanation, and those who pioneered the event could well may be at the disadvantage because they could have taken a wrong approach.

5 Likes

I get how it needs to be Orc vs Orc to fit with the Lore associated with the event, but I would have preferred to see the Orc horde sweeping across other Kingdoms starting from Grosh-Nak.

1 Like

We will look into the scrolling error tomorrow, and I’ll pass on more information during office hours.

a ‘scrolling’ error? What about a ‘scoring’ one? How are we supposed to complete the event with the scoring system in place?

14 Likes

Wild guess incoming, could event scoring be partially based on a still undisclosed factor, like the number of skull matches done or the number of (summoned) troops killed?

1 Like

Anyone starting to think 61,744 points for the last tier seems incorrect?

All 12 tiers add up to 188,272 points, which divided by 30 is 6,275.

Earlier, the Xbox leaderboard showed someone with 103 battles won for 4,590 points.

The mere peasant that I am, I only have 42 or 43 battles (can’t check right now) for 1,590 points, tier 4 purchased and used up. So if I played every battle I get throughout this week, Im still only going to end up less than the person that’s currently at the top of the leaderboard that bought way more and that’s still less than the average needed to complete Reward 12.

I remember that one week where the Tower requirements were bugged up and required an extreme amount of Tower kills (Since each tier stacked the previous amount + the next target needed to create the next reward tier, instead of a cumulative difference to reach the next tier). Eventually it got patched to a more realistic number.

I can’t imagine going from Raid/Invasion where Tier 3/4 on average was enough to complete it to… what… Tier 7 from everyone?

8 Likes