Cosmetic packs sales

I bought one cosmetic pack, but yeah the two options weren’t my cup of tea. Don’t really like the dwarf look. Now having a draconian, demon, or angel type avatar and I bet sales would of been more. There is also making sure the options look good, people don’t want mediocre avatars. The choices didn’t seem the best either: a dwarf or a bunny. I can’t see a mad rush for females or males to purchase the dwarf and the same could go for the bunny. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I think the issues here are all part of the problem… in order to get a reasonable number of sales we would need to offer a LOT of different races/looks, in all genders, + revamp areas of the store to better show off the troops AND probably lower the price a little!

End result is something that’s probably not going to be cost effective for us until the player base is larger (which is slowly happening… it’s grown by another 6% these last 2 weeks).

We’ll almost certainly revisit cosmetics at a later time I think.

6 Likes

Drop gems prices would be nice also

Have you considered a kickstarter campaign to raise the seed funding to add additional artwork?

I wonder what your revisit list looks like and how long is it?

I know this doesn’t really help with the issues you stated (at least not in the short term) but have you considered adding exclusive cosmetic content only obtainable via VIP level? It’d be a way VIPs could show off their rank visually and might be another way to incentivize players to climb those ranks, too.

I’m thinking a different set every 5 levels (1, 5, 10, 15). It could also be broken into two sets, you get the first VIP chest piece at level 1, the first VIP helmet at level 5, the alternative VIP chest piece at level 10 and the final helmet piece at level 15.

Also, this wouldn’t be in place of the other cosmetic items players could just purchase, these would just be additional sets only obtainable via VIP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you offered way to little variety to call it a failure. Seriously, games that offer customization do extremely well. You also have not given enough time.
Basically your selling kiwi and lime flavored ice cream only and wondering why sales are lackluster and are going to give up. This is very short sighted.
You admit single gender packs have hurt sales in your estimation.
Do not assume your sales are only endgamers. If a lot of endgamers are purchasing then you have figured out a way to freshen the game and keep their interest. I did not buy to support your game. I bought them both to add variety to a game grown visually stale. You will find there are collectors of cosmetic packs as well as cards.
You can’t judge an ocean by dipping a toe in it.
Once people know your seious about the packs they will take a hard look at them. It becomes a chain reaction. People tend to wait until more are offered. Variety peaks intetest. Not everyone likes kiwi or lime. But the longer they are for sale the more you will sell.
One last thought. Give it past the holiday season. People are saving for Christmas which can effect sales.
ETA the shear number of people changing hair and other appearances should tell you something. And consider adding a 1%or so benifit to each cosmetic pack. Just like Death knight armor it will sell.