Cosmetic packs sales

Aka, sex sells. Sex sells well for both men and women.

1 Like

@killerman3333 @ExtraTurn @Jainus you all are wonderful!

Ah I see you could be confused if the Avatar is identical to a card. So you could have outfit or species but not both in the same avatar? Hair and feature could also distinguish from the card.

2 Likes

Diversity is good.

Do we know what demographic dominates this game?

No, that information has not been made public.

This is a possibility.[quote=“LYNDALE, post:24, topic:15120”]
So you could have outfit or species but not both in the same avatar? Hair and feature could also distinguish from the card.
[/quote]

That would be amazing.

1 Like

Yes we do. All players are presumed to be human. Although a few pets do make themselves known via keyboard takeovers. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

How would everyone feel about older avatars?
The grey hair seems to be a hit. Can we offer under gender an older man and woman for each skin tone? Or possibly a wrinkle facial feature? L
Robes, no not bathrobes lol, and dressrs. Any option in addition to armor with more color options please.

Oh sorry forgot this,
And how about completely black armor with options to add a copy of their guild shield on shoulder or chest? This may be big for guild wars! Could have have certain banding or details that could match the colors of their shield like braids and piping.

1 Like

So… some stats in on cosmetic sales, and much like the armor sales before it had any bonuses, they’ve been quite low (my initial impressions that it might be doing okay, were incorrect).

The only demographic of players who are really spending on cosmetics are end-game players, probably looking to support our development efforts (so a big THANKS! to all of you who did that). Unfortunately end-gamers constitute less than 1% of our playerbase :cry:

That is not surprising… in F2P games, players will traditionally only pay in large numbers for power or progress. It was a worthwhile experiment though!

At the moment, this probably means we won’t be looking to immediately add lots more cosmetic options, because they are actually quite expensive to produce, due to the way they need to exactly match the layout of the avatar images - it requires a lot of back-and-forth with the artists. Eventually though we may add something like a “Big Cosmetic Pack” with a whole bunch of stuff in it as a single item.

5 Likes

Oh, I need a new pet. Have you got any usernames?

I might purchase a “Big Cosmetic Pack” if the pricing is reasonable, and I am no where near being an end-game player. What gave me pause this time was that the price was for a single gender item rather than a pair. Of course, your explanation of the cost to design makes sense of the price, but, alas, does not change the monetary situation on my part. A bundle of several items is appealing, though.

I would imagine the big bundle would be in the 30-50 bucks bracket. These types of items are better suited to micro transactions in my opinion.

2 Likes

We were aware that might cost a few sales, but since more than 99% of players never change the gender of their avatar, we figured we’d save a bunch of money trialling it out with single genders.

Try not to take it to heart too much in my opinion Sirrian. You all only offered 2 choices. I am more than willing to pay money but those 2 choices didn’t do much for me.

Also to help inspire sales, i’m not sure enough people knew what they were or were advertised in the store. Just some ideas. Don’t give up on it yet. Also as some of us pointed out, there needs to be more places to show it off.

I absolutely think this is something that should be tried to remedy instead of looking at a half hearted,
lopsided, stat. While completely understanding you have a small team, and can only focus on certain tasks. This is something that could pay off big in my opinion,for not much work compared to game mechanics.

These cosmetics give a way to take pride and show off in the game. Something we’ve not had much of since the game released. Obviously we want more people to buy them and I think people will, but you finally got end-gamers to buy something! That’s great news.

3 Likes

Same for me.

1 Like

also balancing hero classes, giving more weapons will increase the desire to show off the hero as more ppl could include them in the team.

then avatar pacs could suddenly become more desirable

totally agree

1 Like

I’d rather get new game mechanic, new content, bugs fixed, new mini games then seeing development team using their time on working on cosmetic options. That’s just my opinion on the matter, and sadly I can’t afford to buy anything, even though I would do so (if i were able) just to show appreciation of the game the devs are giving us.

Well given that most of this has to do with art Don, i’m guessing most of this is the art department. So if that’s the case, it should take very little away from all that you mentioned.

Doesn’t art department have to make art for new troops and kingdoms too :stuck_out_tongue:

Just the art, which i’m sure they’re doing daily. Unless of course this team works differently. Which means they do troops and kingdom art, but they don’t have to figure out traits or spells. Nothing to do with the game other than art basically.

This stuff i’m sure is done well in advance to when they’re actually released.

If you look at the troop and kingdom art, you can tell these things don’t take a super long time. Absolutely no offense meant to them. I just mean there’s not a whole lot of detail going on and that’s probably because of it having to work on all platforms and scale. I love the art just to be clear. It’s perfect for this game.