Console 2.1.5 Known Issues

@Rufus @Demonitus

Same problem. Sent a few messages they never appeared. I played for awhile, still not there. Had some lunch and work. When I signed in a few hours later all of them were there. I was gone too long to know what the actual delay is.

On xbox, I have numerous Arena bugs to report!

• The difficulty indicator on the Arena screen does not change the difficulty. Repro: change the difficulty, enter an arena match, quit, note that the difficulty is back to whatever it was before, and if you retire the arena, rewards are from the original difficulty, not the one you picked. Work-around: changing the difficulty from some other screen, e.g. the Explore screen, DOES work, and those changes are reflected on the arena screen. This is a new bug. However, thereā€™s an older bug thatā€™s somewhat related:

• (Iā€™ll probably get crucified for reporting this, butā€¦) the difficulty in Arena doesnā€™t actually scale up the enemies at all. This bug was in the previous version and I assumed it would be fixed in this one, so it probably hasnā€™t been reported. This means that you can set the difficulty to 200% and you will still be fighting Normal-difficulty monsters, but will get the rewards as if the monsters had been 200% buffed. (Remember: to repro this, you must change the difficulty from some other screen, because of the bug mentioned above!)

• The arena continues to give us blue/black colors as Bonus Mana. The phone version does not have this, and thereā€™s no way to change which colors are the bonus colors, so I assume this is a bug also. (But unlike the above bug, which should be fixed because itā€™s outrageously over-generous, this one is really not a problem and makes arena much more tolerable. In fact, I suggest giving us the ability to pick a banner for the arena. I know phone version doesnā€™t have it, but so what? Give it to us!)

• There is a remnant of some old game system that interferes with the saved difficulty. It appears that at one time, you had to unlock difficulties at certain level ranges (like you do on mobile). This code seems gone, but it still caps your DEFAULT difficulty when you first go into the arena screen (or any screen, actually ā€“ this is a system-wide bug as far as I know) by your level. One of our accounts had a low-level character, and every time they tried to raise the difficulty to 200%, it would be reduced back to a lower difficulty when they came back to that screen later. As they leveled up, the ā€œcapā€ progressively got higher, until by level 150-ish (not sure the exact level), itā€™s no longer there. This is not a severe bug (because you can still manually raise the difficulty); itā€™s just annoying to have to keep raising it back up.

(Edit: removed the last bug in the list because itā€™s apparently not a bug. Iā€™d reported that lower-level players had higher stats than I did, but once I leveled, my stats went up a huge amount. It was just delayed until I leveled, I guessā€¦ so if your stats seem low, just play until you level, see if that helps.)

Edit 2: another Arena bug Iā€™d forgotten about. This has been happening in the previous update, too, but wasnā€™t happening when I was playing months back: the enemy teamā€™s Arena order is ALWAYS the default setup of hero, then common, then uncommon, then rare. Always you, then white-green-blue. Weā€™ve done hundreds of arenas and this has not deviated at all. Often this bug makes the arena battles comically easy, such as when the enemy is using a Prismatic Orb ā€“ since the heroā€™s in front, the orb blocks all other enemies, and they almost never get to go.

My guild unlocked the 4 stars guild chest (20k seals), i just opened 10 guild chests and received 2x rock worm, 1x vassal, 1x fortress gate and 1x a green minor traitstone. other troops were guardians.
common troop shouldnt be in 4 stars chests!

edit: 1 day later, 1 guild key used and I received common troop Khopeshi. So on a 4 stars chest/20k seals that is not supposed to give common troops, I receive ONLY common troops or Guardians!

@Alpheon

1 Like

We got those stats after our own respective heroes leveled up. Devs did adjust these base hero stats. That hero in your screenshot should have his higher, I reckon. Donā€™t know since neither my brother, nor myself are at that hero level.

As for those crude clubs used in Arena, I think thatā€™s by default since the update is new and players are slowly adjusting to the new stuff. No different than their default avatarā€™s that use to be a human male. It was replaced with the naga.

But, at Normal, enemy team did not give up so easily. In fact, they prolonged the first battle my brother tried out with this new update. It took an hour to defeat them because the board was manipulated in such a way to give them all the mana and skulls from heaven to increase their armor via the Anubite. Even when he came close to eliminating the Anubite, game kept giving it the necessary yellow and brown with extra turns to cough up two more Fortresses, which in turn kept getting lots and lots of brown mana. He managed to win with Zombie and Star Gazer left.

At some point the game realized it was prolonging the game and then it switched in his alliesā€™s favor. Game gave them the skulls to wipe out the Anubite ASAP.

Random my ***.

after 1 day of playing i can say i like almost every changes made between both update except the global chat, i really donā€™t like it at all it is not fun to read you guys should really think to had chat filter or remove the notifications i think they are not necessary and chat will be more easier and fun to follow then now

for the rest very good job!!! And thank you very much for your hard work to bring us the update before christmas

2 Likes

@Rickygervais

I agree, I donā€™t really need to know that ā€œMrFuzzyNutsā€ accessed his nobend bothers to Mythic. :grinning:

1 Like

Other than the spam popups ā€œchatā€.

I really like everything about the update even some things that werenā€™t a big deal.

1. Single button to signin!
  2. Fade in background, nice touch.

Great job guys, very nice update.

Yeah chat is rather ā€œspammyā€ with all those notifications but mostly everything else is working fine. One good thing about chat is that it makes recruiting much easier for guilds and new members seeking guilds.

Glad I donā€™t have to try to recruit via ā€œsnail mailā€ on the forums now and can just do it in game :smile:

In response to other players in this thread about chat:

Isnā€™t the trick of disabling Global Chat but still keeping Guild Chat simply by chaning the channel to an improbable number or to ā€˜Noneā€™ (at least on PS4?)

Thatā€™s how I switch off the Global Chat but it still allows me to do stuff with Guild Chat.

Visual bug that I noticed:
PS4: While our guild hasnā€™t collected 1500 seals yet, under Guild Chests it displays the possible rewards of ā€œGuild rank 2ā€; I donā€™t think we should be able to get blue cards while we still have less than 1500 seals. I think it is a visual bug, and not that it is giving out rewrds higher than our actual rank (I havenā€™t even gotten a green yet).

PS4 store interaction bug:
Iā€™ve mentioned this earlier this in this thread (and made an official ticket for this): Iā€™ve bought items in-game and they havenā€™t arrived yet (even 1 day after buying them). In the previous patch it had problems with always saying ā€œStore items not foundā€; it has been corrected now in a way that game ā†’ PSN store works correctly; the game opens the store, I buy the stuuff, I return to the game, and Iā€™ve received invoice mails.

However, the way PSN store ā†’ game does not seems to work, or has a huge delay. This might have an impact regarding ā€œbuy 1 limitā€ items, allowing you to buy the item multiple times (like, for example, Guild Hero packs). I do not know what effect that might have on the game.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that my game language and my store language are different; I play the game in English, but my store is in Dutch (I live in Belgium).

Have any other players, whose store language differs from their game language (on PS4) have this similar problem?

@Alpheon, I have had a couple of my guild members login today (on PS4) and it is telling them they are not in a guild,. Restarting the game has fixed it for them, but donā€™t want guild members thinking they have been kicked and quitting just because of a new bug. I appreciate that you guys are busy with updates on more than one platform atm, but this issue is a bit worrisome.

Hereā€™s the video of the bug I reported earlier:

1 Like

On XBone:
Boost Ratio on Barbearius and Ranger both listed as 3:1 instead of x5. Havenā€™t played either troop, so I donā€™t know if this is just an incorrect tooltip or if they are actually applying the wrong boost ratio.

EtA: Tried Ranger and proper boost ratio is being applied, so itā€™s just an incorrect tooltip.

1 Like

Was silence changed?

I had Valkyrie at full mana, then silenced. Valk was unable to cast her spell even at full mana, it was very odd. If not then this is a bug.

Pretty sure thatā€™s how silence has always worked. Directly from the tooltip: ā€œSilenced troops cannot collect mana or cast spells.ā€

1 Like

Previously silenced troops, at least on console, could cast spells if they already had full mana. Itā€™s possible that wasnā€™t working as intended though.

Yeah there is something majorly wrong with the guild tasks right now. Theyā€™re giving out way more rewards than should be possible and a lot of guilds are benefiting from this. I saw a person post a picture earlier on Xbox where they got 26,000 souls and 1500 gems from tasks. WTF and way more.

2 Likes

Had a troop with trait that said it canā€™t be targeted. Is this supposed to count for a random magic attack also, as my troop was attacked when I had 3 other troops before it.

Also, arena freezes after you win a match. This happened after every match I had. Did not happen when playing in explore or PvP.

I donā€™t know if anybody else had this happen but when I completed one of the 4 tasks on the map, the message on the right saying I completed it did not go away and I had to restart to get rid of it.
This only happened once.

This is all on Xbox One.

I havenā€™t noticed some of the bugs that are reported here.

Can you all, when you mention a bug, say on which platform it is? Cause that might help the devs a lot.

1 Like

Good idea. Iā€™ve gone back and edited my post.

Iā€™ve noticed that too, boost ratio is not listed correctly.