Community Mythic Tier Lists

also color restrictions can make it so you might only be able to use one over the other so Id say its good to have both. but i will agree that in a case where you can use either one, TPK is the boss.

1 Like

But two Auroras :thinking:

1 Like

@Tacet looks like this list might need an update with this update :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah it looks like Death has moved up to S-Tier now with the buff he got :wink:

3 Likes

Someone has not been looking at the recent changes to The Wild Queen and Stonehammer. Which @TheIdleOne mentions in more detail.

For a start, they can be paired together and work great with Doomed Xbox or even Yao in between.

I’m around 70% win rate on defence since February (7k battles) and most of that time I’ve ran this team I made Stonehammer//Glaycion or TWQ/Doomed Xbox or Glaive and a choice of any empowered. If I run that team on offence it can be slower than some but rarely does it fail.

As an example re TWQ, I’ve just done GW today and all Rope Dart meta had 0 attack during so all you need do is kill Rope and you can leave a million skulls if you want. Eventually your doomed weapon will crush them.

Also I agree re TPK great that he is, Obsidius or say Stonehammer… knackers it. :grimacing:

3 Likes

My evaluation from the other thread:

TL;dr Nobody was using Death for the spell damage, it’s still worse than an Ultra-Rare, and all the other buffs were hilariously small.

1 Like

So are we agreeing with Tacet that TPK is a tier above Queen Aurora, basically?

@UKresistance I don’t think we should consider the effect of having multiples of the same mythic, which is not a realistic scenario for many players. That would also unduly skew an overall list towards the support Mythics and Pharos-Ra.

Yeah, Stonehammer being bottom tier in Tacet’s list seems like an aberration, nobody else seems to think that.

As for Death, I think the devs rightfully want to be careful about buffing Death Mark, a dumb rng mechanic (like devour) that could easily become OP if they aren’t careful. You’re right though that it does seem to need an overhaul, and I think they could easily do something buffing Death while Death Marks are active (i.e. a trait that does bonus damage to death marked opponents, or increases the chance of insta-kill on 4/5 matches) instead.

1 Like

I’ve always been in the camp that thinks Queen Aurora needs to do something to herself, even if its just self-barrier. Lady Anariel can self-heal as an epic troop while doing similar things.

4 Likes

All I stated was that Tacet might need to update the list :grinning: I think you got the wrong address :wink:

1 Like

Fixed, sorry about that.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with you

3 Likes

My opinion is that the list requires no update. None of the troop changes were in any way significant.

1 Like

Any early thoughts on Champion of Gaard? Sounding pretty B-tierish to me, but would be curious if you guys had any thoughts on what teams would go with him, etc.

Champion of Gaard is a D-tier for me (mainly the +1 to all red stats every turn and the fringe gem creation can also help it). I find it funny that’s it nearly impossible for most AoE troops to kill it, but it just doesn’t do much outside of that.

The only team of significance I’ve been able to make that isn’t just Gaard hiding in the back is

Champion of Gaard
Doomed Blade - Sunspear
Holy St. Astra
The Possessed King
(Saurus Banner)

2 Likes

High F… low D. I’m reluctant to even put him in D. Stonehammer probably has more relevant (but still very circuitous) setups, but Champion’s kit can be more relevant in more slots I guess? By this list’s criteria, it fails to meet the basics of “increase your resource/farming speed” since you need to go through an extra step just to set anything up and “upscaling” potential is only if the content allows it (by not having team rearrangers, statuses, armor destroyers, focused damage and stun, instakill, devour, spell chains that can destroy your team or at least your other troops before he even fills once, numbers high enough where the mitigation barely matters, etc etc etc).

C at best eventually if the right supports come along. There just aren’t a whole lot of setups right now where you want a combination red and blue board - you can use him with troops that capitalize off blue and feed back to his colors, but these are very circuitous setups that just leave him open to getting run over if he happens to drop a turn. The “super defense” aspect of his design only works if the opponent has no tools to counter it, otherwise, that armor isn’t going to save him when he drops the turn - falls easily to any gimmick or status, which is just all over the place right now. If we get a red/blue troop that self loops on red/blue and can use it to deal lethal damage and get an extra turn, it’d be C, maybe. Or another blue user that can deal lethal damage based on an ally’s armor while also feeding back mana and extra turns to the Champion. If ever there happens to be a blue using double converter with half mana start to knights that also benefits from a lot of red being on the board in the future it could maybe be at the high end of C… providing another more relevant troop doesn’t have the relevant tools to make this combo work with less mana cost.

If you got your hands on one you can make “effective” teams with him, but they all have to jump through more hoops than necessary to make them work compared to good mythic setups or setups that don’t use mythics at all.

Like, say, this, if you are willing to pay attention to where gems will fall with color destroyers:

Unfortunately, its probably potential capped there even with perfect synergies because the spell is high enough cost (possibly even with a potential half mana) to need to be set up and the best it can then do is set up something else that can act as a win condition while possibly stalling with defense buffs, whereas good mythics like this that you set up either actively contribute to the win condition or are the win condition, and the fringe viable ones stall by disabling, which scales much better than a self defense buff.

1 Like

Basically, that’s what my proposed team does, sorta. Self-feeds the Red to Gaard, feeds Blue to Doomed Blade and uses leftover Reds and Red storm Red to do some very high damage with a Doomed Blade alignment.

Unfortunately, it also pigeonholes Astra for the sole purpose of not making Gaard a 24 mana cast and it pigeonholes TPK to fix the board/refill Gaard/fix alignments on a 4/5 match since the hero can’t do it with Sunspear.

1 Like

I’ve only got two champion of anu, now I can do Draakulis, Cog, CoA x2 :thinking:

Draakulis + 3 Champion of Anu was a funny defense in the past

Does this list take into account defense teams? Because the new mythic seems pretty much built only for that purpose.

Thanks guys. I’m surprised nobody’s recommended a team with Tesla, which would seem to be the existing troop with the best synergy with CoG.

Not feeling the buffs to Euryali even? While I agree that there aren’t many Naga troops worth using, there are a number of good Undead troops, and doing 30+ AoE true damage, along with her other features, MIGHT get her out of “doesn’t really work” tier.