Coming soon to a console near you! (Weekly Event: Khaziel)

Unfortunately the AI’s success rate with Maw’s Hunger is 50%. In all 6 instances I have gotten a Maw to the point where it dies on one more attack, it’s success rate is 100%.

The AI’s swing bias is heavily apparent with The Great Maw

Still couldn’t wipe the smile off my fave when he devoured 3troops for me with one skull match last night. :smiling_imp:

Should have caught a video of it. Perfect example of the next 4-6 months of Console life

1 Like

The funny thing was it was actually against your new defense team. 8 pointed stars or something like that. :wink:

3 Likes

I have 9 Defense teams to keep you all on your toes. I typically put the counter to whatever would counter my last team.

Use that Scout function! :wink:

1 Like

It’s automatic.

That said, the only time I’ve changed my attacking team is when my opponent throws up 1 troop. Then it’s Gobchompers for the kill. Otherwise there does reach a point where no matter what you throw at someone, it’ll be beaten 99% of the time.

Hi guys i got a question for you.

Maw is supposed to do his magic just one shot? Even if you got 2 in the team right?

Yes. His third trait (Devour), though, can fire repeatedly throughout a match.

Ok thanks so its broken on xbox one i tried and could do his magic with 2 different maw and devour 2 guys

Yes, that definitely sounds like a bug, if you were able to cast the spell multiple times in one match.

Thanks you again i reported it in the bug thread

Can cast Sandstorm more than once
Can Devour more than one enemy with a single Skull match

Nice to see a buffed version of Great Maw on Console, eh?

The multi-devour issue plagued PC/Mobile for a very long time. I assume Console hasn’t picked up the PC/Mobile fix.

Nope, 5-matches still randomly award 20 Mana/Double Skull damage about half the time.

The engineers SWORE they fixed the “double mana on 5-match” bug. We even put that it was fixed in the patch notes!

You made a video showing the 5-skull issue. But are you super certain about the 5-mana thing? Still?

I should have taken a video.

I did make a 5 match and saw the mana on the Maw jump from 0 to 20. No other gems were matched.

I’ll try to keep an eye on it for next time.

Does the AI also get that 20 mana for some 5 gem matches?

@Mr.Strange

I would not be surprised if this is somewhat related to the same governing count behavior on the “Complete 100 5-Matches.”

If I line it up correctly with a big enough cluster sometimes I can complete that particular Tasks in a few castings with cascades. (way under 100)

Obviously this is a trivial issue compared to Maw.

And I did just capture a video of it. Bone Dragon went from 0 to 14 with 1 5 match. Even with the Banner and 1 Magic Link, it should be at 12 instead of full.

I will upload it as soon as I can.
(Also while this was done off of Giant Spider, the earlier one where I went from 0 to 20 was just from 1 normal 5 match.)

Edit: and by luck I found another clip where maw goes from 3 to 23 from 1 match.

Made this specifically for you @Mr.Strange