Coming soon to a console near you! (Weekly Event: Khaziel)

Again (and I see you did) Feature Requests would have been the better place for that too. I’d like to keep this thread somewhat related to troops coming to console and related discussions.

Ok no prob i just wanted to make sure they was no option at all to do it before i made the thread

That’s correct.

@Mr.Strange

Do you have anything you can share with us regarding 2x Troop Weekly Events?

They have been very popular on PC/mobile. They can really drain player’s glory - which is a bit dangerous. To support 2x glory troops some or most weeks, it’s necessary to increase the average glory income for players. The new PvP system mostly accomplished that on the PC/mobile side. Thus far PC/mobile has always released pairs of troops based on a common kingdom, and USUALLY one is a common.

3 Likes

I added an idea here for getting more glory for players (at least as one of the possible options):

1 Like

Mist of Scales being the only one off the top of me head that was the exception. Epic and Ultra Rare, but was also the first one that did that too and before the PvP update as well.

Just curious Mr. Strange, if you received my private message? Also I agree 2 troops can be taxing and would be all for glory increases. I play a pretty moderate amount and struggle on glory.

1 Like

Im all for selling glory in the shop. 100k for 100 quid!!

I actually am for them doing another pack in the store similar to the gem or map packs, but for glory. I understand it can’t change the balance of the game though.

There are 2 ways to greatly increase your weekly glory.

1. try to log in every hour. While random you don’t have to do anything and every bit will help.

2. use maps. Even if you’re horrible at it, you should be able to average 5 glory a map. Again not much but it can add up.

Of course there’s still PvP at 3 glory a win. It can add up. In the 2 days since the reset I’ve made back 1000 glory without doing much beyond what I’m suggesting.

2 Likes

Also open gold chest can give you some glory , i know it’s not alot but combined with maps and pvp and Tribute i can get easy 4000-5000 glory every weeks

4000-5000 is out of reach for someone who plays a moderate amount like @HKdirewolf. It’s fine to know what the upper-end potential would be, but for him or me, having multiple troops in a week could be a problem. I can only collect tribute a couple times a day and have to make a conscious effort to do a few maps here and there to pick up a little extra. I had saved up quite a bit so I could get Moloch’s 3rd trait last week and set aside enough Swamps to trait Mercy, but I was down below 1000 yesterday. I’m not complaining, just saying that a casual to moderate player would need to be careful about their glory acquisition and use. Where doubling the number of troops coming out might mean that you can’t get them mythic and traited within a couple days, for a lot of players, it could mean missing out on the chance to even purchase one with glory.

1 Like

Yeah exactly. I log in to Gems usually a couple times a day and do pvp every week. So I do well to get between 500-1,000 glory a week. So at 2 troops a week you could see where that would go. That’s the difficult balance the devs have to deal with between hardcore and casual players. This in no way represents how much I spend on the game either btw. I’m a level 6 vip at the current time.

I agree with both of you guys this is why i said 1 troop every week is the best option for every kind of player so everyone can get a chance to buy the weekly troop

1 Like

Yes I did forget about gold and glory chests. Both can provide an extra bit too. That’s where being in a busy guild will help too.

On PC I’m trying to get 400 glory to get enough so I can fully trait my bat. Between that, and the last few events where I fully traited up Maw and Infernal King, I’ve been hovering at 0. But I still managed to get at least 1 of each troop despite that as we’ll as getting the aforementioned 16 Mountain, Plains, and 14 Blood so far just by sticking with all if the advice from above. It is a different kind of grind and yes getting to tier 1 in PC PvP does give a much larger glory bonus, but still doable of you are a little bit persistent.

That’s why I think, and maybe the devs have a better solution (I’m sure they do) for a player in my position, being able to spend money on glory packs or something of the sort works. Just so I can stay caught up with others. I have to do the same with gems at current time too.

Also, I have a hard time seeing Marilith and Naga Queen split up. Now they may decide to delay that pairing until after the next update, but as I mentioned earlier, that duo came out on 1.09 PC as an Epic and Super Rare so 700 glory for 1 of each without the extra amounts you see now and most people were excited and liked the fact they got 2 (at least from I remember reading). Brought them to 10 troops as well. So it was done and went well.

Even the comment about having a common in the pairing now is slightly misleading only in that you get 3 commons and it’s still 300 glory so you are left with a 600 or 700 glory week if you get 1 of each package.

1 Like

So if that’s easy, then with a lot of effort could someone expect 3-5x or more of that amount?. 12,000-25,000 Glory per week. Good grief… I’m not buying it

The Devs have the raw numbers, but I would think getting 400-800 per week would be “easy”.

1 Like

4000 glory a week is very possible, but I would in no way classify it as “easy.” That’s the earnings of a serious player who has put a lot of time into the game.

A key fact is that glory is a measure of TIME more than anything else. It’s the currency you can’t purchase.

We want players like you to pretty readily get enough glory to buy the weekly troops - 1 copy each. Then it’s just a matter of playtime for you to get to the next tier - where you can buy 2-3 copies of most troops.

2 Likes