Clarification Regarding Craftable Weapons (including a list of those excluded from the forge)

241 of 251. Wild guess, I think 10 doomed weapons have been released so far, maybe the leaderboard can’t tell when they are fully upgraded due to their special rarity?

Adding a ping to @Lyya.

Typo corrected. :stuck_out_tongue:Thanks.

Doomed weapon being the “sinner” makes sense. The stats have been showing increasingly wrong numbers since for some time.

Bingo!
Weapon “Divine Protector” is available for crafting in the Soulforge. What do the players, who bought a weapon in August 2018 for $ 4.99 in the store complete the week’s events Whitehelm? Will you return the money to them?

2 Likes

Divine Protector is not actually on the list…

But I do feel the whole situation is a bit silly
If you bought something 2 years ago from a shop, how upset are you really that it is available for a different (cheaper) price now
Think about video game consoles - they just don’t hold thier value over the long term. In GoW newer weapons are available that make most of these early weapons sub-optimal at best.
Can’t we just add a couple of epic ignots and call it a “crafted weapon pack” so its different enough than the exclusive glory pack from a year+ ago?

2 Likes

As for me, who bought it a year ago, the money is not a big deal, but issue is that devs can’t keep faith. Why make promises if you can’t keep them?

“Never” is never, not “about a year”. You are not a one-day butterfly, are you? All this crap about “different pack” is just Jesuitism, nothing more.
First epic tasks, now this … it feels like a saboteur has infiltrated you who is doing everything to bring down the company.

4 Likes

I guess that’s sort of the point. The official stance was that any weapon sold for real money in the past would be part of the list, in order to not betray the trust of their paying customers.

2 Likes

Technically, they specified it was only the purchase-able weapons that were also once able to be bought with Glory.

2 Likes

Going into even further detail, it was supposed to be only those weapons that were available for glory one event week and never offered for glory again afterwards. Which does not apply to several weapons on the list, they were offered for glory more than once.

I suppose this is yet another instance of “what you see is what you get, what we said you best forget”.

2 Likes

If they were offered for glory more than once, it doesn’t hurt to do it again! I want some glory weapons.

If you miss a mythic when it is released, you can still forge it with game resources at some point in the future. The same should apply to ALL weapons. We haven’t all played since day 1, and some of us go on holiday now and again. Penalising players with a spend or miss out option is unfair. Some players don’t have much disposable income and if new players want to buy their way to weapon collection completion, it’s a hefty outlay. This approach is wrong on so many levels.

3 Likes

I have all the weapons, and I bought them for $5 a piece even though they sucked to ‘tip’ the devs. I don’t mind they offer it for free now.

6 Likes

A lot of the purchases in game are not the only way to get things it is just the fastest. Do you think those who buy the campaign pass to get the mythic should be reimbursed when it goes into the soulforge or event keys? I know they previously had a different stance with the weapons but most things are not permanently unavailable without money but the free players usually have to wait months to get the chance to get it.

Does Natura’s Star belong to this list of weapons excluded from the Soulforge?

2 Likes

Does anyone have an updated list? Or are there any other weapons we should add?

Tide’s Lash (Nexus)
Ruby Bite (Hellcrag)

Plus the ones listed

1 Like