Clarification Regarding Craftable Weapons (including a list of those excluded from the forge)

So what this means is that out of 31 missing weapons only four will be available for crafting someday and the remaining 27 are hidden behind a hard paywall? (not counting some weapon bundles that I did buy because things just fell the right way that day)

I actually spoke on how passionate we are about our Gems of War being free to play during my PQ stream today. Aside from some very specific examples, such as VIP keys and the Deathknight armour, you can access everything in game that a paying player can!](4.4 Update Preview Discussion - #50 by Saltypatra)

Perhaps, it’s time to admit that the quote above was, maybe, just a (blatant) lie? One might say that it’s possible to get by without paying a dime if you play since the very beginning - the first day the game was released - but anybody who just happened to start later MUST pay actual money for things those early gamers could obtained with in-game resources.
I would be more inclined to spend some more cash if I was offered a choice instead of strongarming, you know.

Is this plain stup…sorry, smartness or just being malicious?

Yep, news like this extinguish all the positive emotion created by the knowledge that those unfortunate newer players would at last be able to get the good raid/invasion weapons. Why is it that quite of then one hand offers us flowers while the other, simultaneously, tries to do some unspecified number between one and three in our souls?

3 Likes