Cheating ai confirmed

I do want that replay feature, if not for mobile at least for pc, xbox, ps4. Not sure if ps4/xbox already have a built in feature though.

I don’t have much new information but I can confirm that this bug exists - or at least existed in 1.09 where I had it happen exactly once.
It was a different transform (probably valkyrie) and I remember that it happened after playing many games in a row and with terrible performance (memory leaks made the game slow down more and more after 20+ games and eventually crash for me).

I transformed and (after a second long freeze) the same thing happened: NO matches were made, opponent moved 2 same-colored gems and then the board resolved its state.

1 Like

I know some problem my happen randomly with slow phones, were you playing on a phone @killerman3333 ?
Wich model / OS ?

I’ve used an old model for a little while at some point (moving from my previous phone to a newer phone), and I had a lot of bugs, like Sheggra reversing the steps of her spell (transforming all red to skulls then creating red gems on top of it… Breaking the 4/5 matches sometimes) or sometimes I’d launch a spell, the animation would freeze a little, after the freeze it would play the “new turn” animation for my opponent while finishing throwing my spell, leaving a board with some 5 skulls already matched to my opponent, who then, without even having to match anything, would deal those skulls to me and get an extra turn (while not having even spent a turn…)

1 Like

steam version. I was downloading at the time, chat not open and yes i was also watch youtube and browsing the forums.

1 Like

How would you qualify your computer?
A gaming beast or an old piece of rust?

4gb ram, plenty of hard drive space, can run minecraft at 60 fps. Runs every game normally including left for dead with no problems.

There is your network lag that might be the cause. With your PC specs from below, I doubt it would be from the PC being overloaded.

If you find you can recreate the bug overloading your network connection, post the steps to recreate it.

@Andrew I’d say this would be a low priority bug, because of how rare it is, but if you have in-house tools to overload the network between your clients and test servers, it may be worth keeping in mind. Even if just to help eliminate tracking bugs down a rabbit hole that could be network latency.

I’ve definitely seen this before. It happened while the game was hitching due to the Chat bug (iOS at least) causing everything to jerk and stutter. If I hit Sheggra’s spell just as a stutter occurred, it seemed like the spell went in reverse (I think), leaving the board mixed with red and skulls (and allowing the AI a huge retalliation combo). Amusing, perhaps, but certainly not intentional.

2 Likes

Got it to hit again but this time against a different enemy. I really need recording software cause it happens too quickly, this time none of my troops were against a frozen troop. Again match four of skulls with KoS. This time with no downloads or youtube in the background.

What happens when this occurs? The skulls disappear, your troop attacks, but the enemy takes no damage? Or does your troop do the “aborted swing” animation that they do when their attack is zero or all enemies are dead? Or do the skulls stay on the board somehow?

Also, you covered Frozen (wouldn’t prevent damage, just extra turn) and Entangled above, but to be sure, your opponent didn’t have Barrier, correct?

Barrier shouldn’t prevent units from getting an extra turn on a match-4 or -5, though.

I’ve cast Sheggra’s spell (back in 1.8) and some of the skulls would turn red and the red would become skulls and then she would usually take a dirt nap. I haven’t had the bug since 1.9 tho

I used to see that too, @Cell.

1 Like

Skulls appear form match 4s and 5s however do not leave the board, no attack animation either, and turn just moves to opponents turn to switch 2 skulls to net those extra turns. No barrier, no frozen troops, just skulls get summoned but not consumed or used by me. This removes the lag issue that was theorized and the raven bug that is theorized. This seems to happen when i have 4 troops and seems to happen when i cast KoS.

1 Like

Wow, okay. I’ve never seen anything like that. Tagging @Sirrian and @Nimhain for visibility.

I will try to stream the game and do my best to recreate the bug.

@killerman3333

If it’s easier to get the bug to trigger against a particular team, don’t forget you can go into your battle log and refight any opponent on the list (although you receive no rewards for it)

I can’t speak for Xbox but PS4 has the ability to record 15 minutes of gameplay at a time. Three button presses and it’s uploaded as well.

pc/mobile version.[quote=“Cell, post:38, topic:8430”]
If it’s easier to get the bug to trigger against a particular team
[/quote]

The problem is it triggered on two different teams.