Chat not working

Andrew coming in with the facts. Very well said.

1 Like

i started a personal message here on the forums with my guild mates added
 works great when chat is down
 and also we can do big reminders that need to stay up.

2 Likes

Very smart. I’ve been using PMs on here and forming groups for various activities for months. The Forum is great for communication

Why does there seem to be one or two people in forums who seem to get some sort of satisfaction in replying to posts in a condescending fashion. It just ruins what could be constructive conversation and exchange of ideas.

1 Like

Ty Andrew.
I guess all our whining and being babies got somewhere.
Chat issues were not going to be addressed, no server migration to assist with this. But now it’s being examined. The ‘Just suck it up’ attitudes don’t accomplish crap. If you don’t speak up it gets
ignored. If you don’t like my comments or think I’m not constructive enough then skip them.

Again @Andrew ty for looking into this. Fingers crossed that the resulting bug fix does the trick!

3 Likes

That’s mighty presumptuous of you.

Potentially for esoteric or fringe use cases, but “I start game, I go to Chat” is perhaps the most basic use case for that feature that could possibly exist. The dev team would have been just as well served with PMs saying, “Hey yo, Chat’s down, mind taking a look?”

2 Likes

Exchange of ideas?! Is that what you’d call this thread? pfft, you people. :poop:

2 Likes

Hey @Mekkalyn. How are you doing today? I hope you are well. :slight_smile: I just want to slow things down a bit and give things a chance to chill a little.

My original response to your comment was about the over-exaggerations you were making, not your main point (on which you and I are in agreement). Using exaggeration to complain about other people exaggerating just isn’t the most effective way to make your point; that’s all I was trying to say. But it’s cool; we’re cool. I hope you’re having a great day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I had to check to see if it was this.

You wouldn’t be wrong

I was not referring just to this particular thread, it happens in others as well. Your reply to my post is exactly what I was talking about.

Chat down for me.

This is so off-topic.
Chat not working again

Looks like it wasn’t enough :frowning:

Take your time to fix it though «3

Guess what we did that. Huh? And, nothing. Read Andrew’s reply again.
Read how long issues have been occururing.
You’re fond of going through threads and policing so you know connection and chat issues are NOT new or weeks old. This has been addressed in game reviews on other sites.
This is not the only place on the internet talking about GOW. There have been complaints on many sites and it is impacting the game we enjoy and wish to see continue a long long time.
Realize the problems may be effecting the overloaded gaming market place a little more than you think.

3 Likes

Right. Since it’s not possible to compare a universe wherein polite reminders happened versus forum tantrum-throwing, it’s equally impossible to be so certain that your squeaky wheel was what got the grease.

But you’re free to believe what you wish, just as others are free to poke fun at mountains out of molehills.

3 Likes

The chat went down again Andrew, this problem has been a lot more recent lately but, it does however go down way to much, :frowning: It’s convenient to have chat and is very disappointing when it goes’ down this much. I understand that it can be swamped and crash a little but this is a major issue now. I think you can go ahead and plan to switch servers/providers now. Having no chat is ok from some hour or two on very scattered days or even maybe weeks but, the chat is going down about everyday or other day or two now. I’m also requesting you add mailbox pm messaging and friend mailing list to chat or whatever. Where you can send private or not so crowded talk environment. :slight_smile: Please get the chat fixed.

Let us all hold hands.

First it is not my intent to tick people off.
Let’s look at the facts and how they effect a players perception and sustainability.
You take a game to a convention and it’s fun, exciting, and exhausting. You create a hype, expectations, and an appetite for your product. That’s your shot at hooking a customer in an a crowded market.
The player gets home and this is were you really fail or succeed. Server timed out not good. Can’t connect to chat. Getting worse. Platform discrepancy ouch.
We’re fixing this doesn’t cut much slack to player that looking at a promise of a products functionality.
Maybe they stay, best. Maybe uninstall, bad. Or maybe they put the game on the backburner, same as uninstall for all real purposes. Why because there’s this OTHER nice new shiny game that delivers what it promises.
That’s not the end. You are not selling to one player. You’re dealing with a connected community. Many people and places sharing and talking about their experiences. If you don’t fix the problems now before tackling what’s to come with each new addition you’ll have less time to handle them. You’re in a state of constant catch up.
I hope this helps to shed some light on why a error can have a big impact on marketing.

2 Likes

I am wondering something about the chat not working. What is causing the chat to not work, and yet has not effect on gameplay of saving data? Or is it that the errors people are seeing are one and the same with the chat not working in a way that is related to server callout?