Changes to Upcoming Epic Guild Tasks (4.7)

My guild averages 25-30 LTs a week and we have found 8 Mythics and over 20 legendary troops this year alone. I know those keys are not going to make up for that.

3 Likes

Am I misreading this or does this statement make literally no sense?

In order to be able to engage in Epic Tasks post-update, your guild would have to be donating enough gold to reach them. In other words, Epic Tasks are not available for guilds that weren’t reaching Legendary Tasks before!

I’m so frustrated by the dev team, it seems like half the time the game would literally be better off if some updates were just completely skipped.

8 Likes

Perhaps even more than 20 legendary troops were found this year? As you do 25-30 tasks for 52 weeks or so.

Also worth to mention that the very endgame players often have all of the troops that we get from the LT’s, but your point is still valid because some of the members might really need those troops.

Personally, nothing annoyed me more than to get those Faction Legendary troops in the LT’s, that was the absolutely worst, as all my guildmates had zero problem with getting them from the factions. And they used to drop a lot for us. I seem to talk a lot like LT’s is over for our guild with the new patch arriving soon, it might be over for us, sadly.

You don’t actually have to finish basic tasks to reach epic tasks. You can pick and choose.

5 Likes

Okay, thank you! Didn’t realize that.

3 Likes

Basically the update should have read.
4.7 Update

• Epic rewards will give different rewards from the base Guild Tasks:
    • Blue Epic Task - Chaos Shards 5.2MIL COST
    • Green Epic Task - Writ 5.2 MIL COST
    • Red Epic Task - Some keys 5.2 MIL COST
    • Yellow Epic Task - Tokens 5.2 MIL COST
    • Purple Epic Task - Colored Pet Food 5.2 MIL COST …lol
    • Brown Epic Task - Ingots 5.2 MIL COST
  • When an Epic Task tree is completed at a cost of 31.2 Million gold it will give a Skill point bonus similar to the base Guild Task.
    • Blue Epic Task - 4 Armor
    • Green Epic Task - 4 Life
    • Red Epic Task - 3 Attack
    • Yellow Epic Task - 4 Life
    • Purple Epic Task - 2 Magic
    • Brown Epic Task - 4 Armor
      We understand most guilds wont be able to do them all so Instead of a chance for a new legendary or mythic from an LT, You will receive 15.2 glory keys, 7.9 gem keys, and 12.36 event keys.(only after you complete the red task)
2 Likes

Well to be honest, she’s just going to tell you to watch the stream. But good luck since Salty is now your only source for reliable information. If someone I trust tells me everything else is good…as @Ashasekayi was nice enough to confirm… Then I don’t need details from them. (Specially when they’re not supposed to share details.)
Hopefully Salty addresses it in a week during her stream. Or she chimes in just to end this stupid argument.
Either way… I’ll be less likely to try and “help” resolve your issues in the future since I’m not “qualified to do so”. :+1:

2 Likes

cool! can we now say we have enough Ingots, pet food, and shards to get something useful there as well? :smile:

EDIT: oh i thought the Writs were treasure maps… looks identical to me, just a different angle/style

image image

3 Likes

I think we all need to understand what the actual epic rewards are sequentially, particularly when it comes to writs and tokens. Perhaps this info will be visible as part of the update meaning you can see what’s on offer before you complete the current epic task. Perhaps stronger super gold teams could work together on this on the week after launch?

This is my first post here cause this is REALLY too much.

Let me go back a little bit. There was a lot of changes and improvements to the game since I play it, for which we are grateful, but let’s recall some other things.

First, the AI got nerfed so we win less battles overall. Then, rewards from LTs got nerfed so we receive less keys. Now, we need to throw in extra 30 mil gold to even get to LTs. Troop pool is getting bigger and bigger weekly and it is harder to obtain all the troops or good troops if you’re a newer player. Since obtaining good troops is key to be really good in the game, that part of the game has not improved at all.

Now, you are making the change where game “got improved” by replacing 30 LTs with random resources, who may or may not be useful. They definitely do not contribute to obtaining good troops. Since community was not happy about it (to say the least), you decided to show how open to suggestions you are and replaced 30 LTs with 44 glory and 19 gem keys? And you’re calling it a compromise? Compromise is when 2 opposite sides meet half-way and agree on something - showing unwanted changes in players’ faces and then withdrawing 1% of it is not compromise. Compromise would be increasing the gold from PVP so that those tasks are reachable.
Some people here did the mathematical comparison of what we are losing, and that is just hard math, without including legendary and mythic troops we had a chance of getting.

You keep repeating this only “affects end-game players” and there isn’t many of them - did you ever considered why there isn’t many?
If the change only affects small number of players, why did you even push it? And if affects that small number of players in a negative way, why are you doing it?
If this is an improvement of the game, can you reasonably logically explain what does this improve?

I would even understand if you stated “look, guys, this has been fun and all, but the game is not viable and we need to make more money” and introduced buying mythics for 99$ - although not preferred explanation, I would at least understand it from a business point of view - but please, pretty please, give us an explanation about why are you doing this.

26 Likes

OMG… it’s still straight nonsense, with all due respect.

7 Likes

Having treasures as a task when there is also a chaos shards task was redundant anyways. All I see this as was a fix to a mistake to begin with. There has been no compromise.

How about you leave LT’s open after completion of regular tasks and let us choose whether we want to invest in those or the new epic tasks.

9 Likes

I believe that the Epic Guild Tasks was intentionally created to make sure that 99,9 % of the guilds won’t reach the LT’s on a regular basis or ever again. With other words, a major nerf to the income of the good stuff. Do you believe in something else?

4 Likes

I’ve also been saying this since the initial announcement. This is an intentional “ungated resource” (i.e. keys) nerf. The whole “for the good of the economy” line has even made an appearance if I remember correctly, and “for the good of the economy” generally means “to make you [the players] buy more stuff” since there really is no economy between the players themselves.

This move is killing off the LT potential of the entire “upper middle class” of GoW - that is, the guilds who are consistently getting a handful of LTs. The powerhouse guilds churning out piles of LTs are still going to get LTs (although, 30 less per week than previously). This doesn’t hurt them nearly as much as it hurts the tier of guilds below them.

The funny part is that I’m reasonably certain it has been stated previously that a very small percentage of GoW players even get LTs to begin with! If it’s that small a number of players, why the blatantly-targeted witch hunt? Even if the entire Top 100 guilds on PC/mobile are ALL getting LTs, that’s…3000 players. Out of tens of thousands of players.

I’m more curious than ever now about why this witch hunt is even happening at all. The vast majority of GoW is entirely unaffected by LTs in their current state. Players in guilds capable of earning LTs are not just going to start buying Gems if they weren’t already doing so, so I’m not sure how exactly the powers that be are thinking this is going to “help the economy”.

I’ve personally seen more people in my guild state they’re going to stop spending money on GoW due to this update than any other update - including the temporarily-nausea-inducing graphical overhaul that utterly kneecapped the fantasy feel, I think that was 3.0?

21 Likes

I still think we need to wait and see how many additional guild seals we’ll be able to earn a week before factoring in what we have lost. Guild keys have the same value as Gem Keys (after you have obtained all the guardians and hit 40k in guild). We will know more next week.

3 Likes

If it’s an increase to 2k per week that some people are throwing around (mentioned on the stream?), then that’d be about 25 keys per week.

Not nothing. But not worth losing LTs.

If it were doubled instead, well…

…I’d have to get back to you with my feelings on what 3k seals a week would mean :laughing:

1 Like

and as regards feed and ingots, will you change them? he, too, has many thousands and more, on which to spend money on the fact that everyone has a bunch, please take note and change the feed and ingots

I don’t agree with such a compromise, rather, they made people shut up and think that they heard them, but in reality we are simple players who lose a lot because of the update, I think that we need to continue to defend our opinion

So, basically what happened here (as was always intended by the publishers/devs):

1. Here’s what we are saying we gonna do.

2. We have a backup plan to the nerfs if enough people complain.
    Some players may feel better if we say “We listened to the community and made changes.”

3. Deploy the backup plan :goal_net:

6 Likes

and not easier to do before the update as requested by the players, and not to make changes in the course of disputes and when people leave