Changes to PVP teams

If firebomb teams are the issue, they should just reward defense wins more and people would make better teams.

Better than this? :open_mouth:

Is there such a thing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Basically all they have to do is give you one gem per defense win. And people will actually try to have Defenses that can win.
But they also need to stop casual PvP wins from showing as Ranked PvP wins.
(I have no idea if 3 players in Ranked PvP actually lost to my defense. Or if 3 players in casual PvP beat it. And that’s an issue.)

And end up all using the same meta-def? Wouldn’t it get us back to where we started complaining about every team being the exact copy of another?
Let’s take me, for example. Currently I change my defence team every Monday trying to combine something from weekly troop type/kingdom pool. If there happens to be more synergy, it works better, otherwise…well, it’s just a defence team. But what incentive would I have to do this, if we were awarded gems for defence wins? Just needed to stick with the most annoying team at the time then, wouldn’t I?

3 Likes

@Dust_Angel, meta defenses aren’t supposed to be feared anymore.

So since the change this shouldn’t any longer be a concern.

As it’s been a while, I thought I’d re-link this idea of mine…

Comments welcome - I thought (and still do) that the idea was an easy-ish one to create variety and incentivise changes

It sounds like a decent idea. I see a few concerns though:

1. How impactful is the 25% boost to stats when deciding upon defenses? I feel it isn’t a big decider for a lot of people when picking teams, as effective synergy more than makes up for it.

2. If different players have different boosts in competitive game modes like Guild Wars, I think we’ll see a lot of people complaining about unfairness (“my defense team is weaker than this identical team by Xyz/my mirror match is stacked in Xyz’s favor!”)

That explains why PvP seemed better. I had been retreating from all firebomb teams to get actual battles.

Outside of Revenge battles. If I lose or retreat from a match. It seems like I will see that defense more often.
I 100% do not believe that you are less likely to see a defense again if you retreat from it.
You are costing yourself easy gold and trophies.

Thanks. To be fair, I wrote that suggestion when the weekly event buffs were 25%, not 10% as they are now.

Main thrust was more to be offering different incentives to different players to change up their defences each week into different teams.