Changes to Invasion!

This is what Salty said on the stream, but it sounded more like “I think that’s how it is” than a definitive confirmation.

Thank you for clarifying. As a guild leader in a non-hardcore guild, this complicates my life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not a fan. Maybe I should make a feedback thread :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi salty,

I am quite concerned with a weekend based guild event. Because not everyone can play everyday or anyday of the week. This is for sure a change to the guild dynamic…
#1 I really hope there is a reconsider of it being a guild event.
#2 or… At least assume only 20 guild members can actually compete in the event and adjust point requirements accordingly.

13 Likes

Please remember that event participation is optional, and not all game modes are suitable or intended for all players. cough cough

Wh-what happen? I thought I was doing Tuesday Delve event, how I get here. Ttyl

2 Likes

I’m surprised no-one has asked this, because it will affect the Gem economy:

Will new weapons continue to appear in the weekend Invasion Shop?

Hopefully not.

If not – as someone has already asked – will past Invasion weapons appear in the weekend Invasion Shop?

I think it would help new players a lot if they did. I would also indirectly provide a nice boost to newer Guilds, to help them catch up.

7 Likes

Taran’s World has Orc and Fey Invasion weapons scheduled (the ones that create a mix of Gems), with no set release date. So yes, they will continue to add new weapons this way.

I presume the shop will be similar to the current one (existing Siegebreaker, new weapon), with the reward structure readjusted.

I have the nasty feeling, this is mostly about creating further opportunities to include new troops. I’ve long reached the point, where I do not regard “more content” as a positive thing anymore. The odds to find a specific troops shrink with every new one included. Almost 800 monsters, close to 400 weapons, about 80 pets…
And as pointed out, the time consumption will not get better.
By the way, even if previous weapons will be included into the weekend shop, a 5-6 weeks pattern means, it will take four years to circle through all events.

I am definitely growing unhappy with this game over the last few years.

1 Like

I don’t think I would be wrong in the slightest in saying that the vast majority of the playerbase looks forward to new troops. Every new troop is a new opportunity for team compositions, play styles, leveling up kingdoms, filling niche roles, and just having fun with them.

I could live without new raid and invasion troops.

3 Likes

Just to play devil’s advocate here, most troops are filler and only exist for kingdom power levels. When levels past 20 are implemented, they might not require many/any new troops, and could be tied to the medal system and other new things. This would allow the devs to slow down the rate of troop injection and focus on meaningful troops.

Even if the old weapons don’t appear in the shortened invasion event, you can still get them in the soulforge. Just gotta wait for the appropriate kingdom of the week. That’s how I got some of the weapons I missed during the first few raid and invasion events (I wasn’t playing the game yet back then).

If it’s going to switch to a weekend only event, run it every Guild Wars weekend. Something needs to change with that Incredibly stale week.

I’d argue option #2 really isn’t a solution. If the reqs were 60% of what they were players would just buy less tiers. Option #1 i do like.

Noooo! I like that there is nothing much going on during GW week. Its a nice time to wind down and recoup from the previous week of grinding.

6 Likes

This would be terrible for me and many members in my guild. We spend hours each day trying to get 5/0s in Bracket 1, and even with all that work we still fall short of first place (though we’re still trying, watch out! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

I would dislike very much having something get in the way of the practice/thinking time I find necessary during Guild Wars. At the top of the competition, it’s anything but stale (though I agree with you that, for the majority of guilds [like Unforgiven III, which is now in Bracket 6 after I GM’d it for nearly 2 years, slogging through all the dead guilds and non-competitors], the 5 daily battles are very easy and go by quickly, leaving not a whole lot else to do. I don’t really know how to solve that problem without ruining the event for those at the top, but I agree it’s a problem—dealing with the dead guilds’ blockade[s] might be a good start, and maybe harsher penalties to those guilds who perform really poorly :man_shrugging:)

5 Likes

Do a one day event on Pet Rescue Wednesdays. I find that the most boring day of the week.
Not in favour of a weekend event.
Just my 2 cents.

I must say that this was painful to read. Hours put into GW matches where you already lost due bad starting board or the RNG screw you over. Which one can do nothing about. I know there is players that believe that everything is based around being skillful and that RNG does not exist. At least I hope you are having fun while doing the GW matches and help each other out after spending all that time. Maybe it makes the difference sometimes, if it is worth it or not depends on the result of the matches, also subjective.

Most of the times when I lose a match the CPU screw me over from the very beginning - kinda a one way traffic experience, so it feels like the match was already decided before I got to play it.

About the changes to Invasion: Good news, the game needs something differently now. IMO all of the events got old and boring after running a few weeks. And they ran for many many weeks already.

2 Likes

I would like to see Wednesday be a Gnome Event instead of on the weekend and give everyone a free pet for logging in. That will free up one weekend for Raids to move to when they get a new event to replace it. I assume Invasion will be replacing Class Events

A Gnome event on a Wednesday would not work as any Pet Gnomes would not trigger a rescue and would be wasted

I am NOT a fan of this weekend invasion idea. It’s just adding more to do into the already full schedule. What’s so wrong with having a weekend free every now and then? Maybe we should have a Monday event too. :roll_eyes:

Cue now the replies “You don’t HAVE to do it nobody is forcing you.” Well to that I say for a lot of endgamers the feeling of missing out or falling behind is real, and so is not wanting to let your guild down.

5 Likes

Unfortunately I am equally pessimistic about this. I envisage yet another increase on time commitment along with the associated resource sink; which for the new event is likely to be a new gem tax. The resource and time onslaught is relentless. We’ve just had our gold income and LTs decimated and now it’s time to strangle whats left of our gem stash. Guild events should remain weekly so that everyone can contribute around their everyday obligations. Some people work weekends rather than clock off like Salty and Co do. To assume that players have weekends off is naive and this attempt to obligate them to spend considerable time at their console (PC/Switch etc) is inconsiderate. Personally I spend less time playing at weekends because that’s when I have time to pursue the things I enjoy. That’s another reason why new faction events are so distasteful. A weekend guild event will only put additional stress onto guilds and their membership. A very bad idea.

9 Likes